Mission: Afghanistan

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible to get the character to hold the weapon in the left hand by mirroring the bones, in other words making the engine believe that that the characters left hand really is his right hand. It seriously messes up the animations though. There might be way's around that though but I just haven't had time to really investigate it.

It's possible to get the character to hold the weapon in the left hand by mirroring the bones, in other words making the engine believe that that the characters left hand really is his right hand. It seriously messes up the animations though. There might be way's around that though but I just haven't had time to really investigate it.

Like remaking all the animations? :P

I indeed mirrored all the bones but it still looked pretty weird, problem is you can't really just add a mirror modifier to it you have to rename them all by hand.

What I didn't do though and that might solve the issue is also mirror the envelope naming.

More good news on mod's development; Cobaka came trough not only by making the map for the mod, but also by making a few nice vehicles. Here are a few screenshots of an old pick-up rigged up as a car bomb...obviously, this one will be used by talibans in their attacks....this baby has a blast radius of over 20m, so keep your distance ;)

203457.jpg

intact...

203458.jpg

begining of an explosion...

203459.jpg

KA-BOOM...

203460.jpg

and the wreckage....

Apart from this enemy used vehicle, stand by for more screnies of Croatian MP Land Rover, US Apache chopper and more...

PS:and there might even be another map.... :whistle:

Edited by Streinger

That car is stolen from another map -> Lakeside ? I must have seen it there before, could be wrong tho. hehe j/k.

Well, Cobaka mentioned the pick-up was a part of geometry on one of his maps, and he converted it into a usable vehicle...I really don't know who is the author of "Lakeside" map, so can't really tell if that's the one...

I really don't know who is the author of "Lakeside" map

A year or 2 ago we visited Ubi forums, and Cobaka made a couple maps to use in a mod we would make. We had a scripter, a character skinner, weapon modeler. But nobody made a story for the campaign, and so it got dropped. That pickup-truck was from a map Lakeside which Cobaka made in that time (or before) iirc. He did a couple of other maps too, but were not totally completed. I made a mission for one of them (citystreets) but never got feedback. They are still roaming around the Ubi forums :lol:

still looking out to this mod, nice map and all, one thing about that car:

the wheels look somewhat squarish (yes my english is well uhmm, whatever), could be the angle, or me though :P , anyway RSE solved it by placing a plane in front of the wheel and using a texture with a round alpha channel in it to make the wheels look round. Nothing serious, it would just make it look that tiny bit better :)

Edited by chiel_mic

Just some goosip about the backstage of this mod :P

You should know that this mod was conceived by Streinger since during Operation Stabilise development as a project to be followed by the same Streigner together with Aus Viper.

The project has been on hold for many months and reached almost the "dropped" status.

Some months ago Streinger and I were testing "in Co-op" a mission I made for "Stalker V1 - Operation Desperate Cry" and we got a new boost to go on with Mission: Afghanistan.

We started to make some small tests with some mission (expecially about new concepts) and started to plan the campaign.

What we seriously missed was at least one new map. After some advertisements and some contacts with possible mapmakers we lost our hopes to have new maps when we came in contact with Cobaka.

What Cobaka is providing us is above every expectations. Moreover also some other modders join the team as contributors (Black Sabbah, Sgt. Crocodile, Blakarion) and therefore this mod started to grow up :)

Edited by giwex

• 2 weeks later...

Although the monster called Real Life has it's claws firmly clenched around all the members of the modding team, some good news;

Cobaka announced LOV APC to be finished soon,

Giwex is working on two missions at the same time and both are almost done,

I made yet another Taliban-used weapon...PKM in 7,62x54R cal...

228851.jpg

Not very detailed weapon, certainly not the most beautiful weapon I ever did, but it will serve it's purpose...

Still have to delete some faces to reduce polycount..right now it's a bit high, some 3000...I can probabaly knock it down to 2500...

Edited by Streinger

I agree, on max render it does look a bit bright, but if you check it on in-game s/c, it's a little darker. We want to test it first on desert maps we are using in the mod before we adjust the brightness.

@SC, I've seen these things doing 70kmh on roads over here... :wacko: