wil lthe modding gr stop when...?

Leeham

It depends how good or bad GR2 will be I suppose. If its great then people will mod it and we'll all move on to it. If it's crap then I assume GR will be kept alive by a dwindling gang of hard core fanatics. I include myself amongst that hard core.

GR was modded almost beyond recognition by the imagination of modders. If Igor is improved and new features and effects are added, the ability to mod GR 2 will be again only limited by one's imagination and should create amazing new missions.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: i dont understand how ubi can deny the moding comunity. How many pc games still have this large of a following years after it was realesed

Ehm, Unreal series, Quake series, OFP, Half-Life, Counterstrike. Mechwarrior series...how much more titles do you want?

GR replaced Rogue Spear as the modders' game of choice, all the best RS modders just migrated. RVS didn't have this effect because there was little mod support. If GR2 supports mods, it'll be the new darling. I was sad to see RS fade, but you gotta keep it moving.

I gotta say it looks a helluvalot like America's Army, actually looks like a mod for AA from the screenshots. Since UBI aquired the AA franchise or something along those lines, I'll bet money that's what's going on. AA can't be modded, at least the tools aren't released, and it's wildly popular. (I play it more than anything else) If UBI thinks GR2 will be as popular, they may forgo the mods system, who knows. Of course AA is free...

I do think modding for GR will eventually stop though.

A lot of modders already halted their projects, saving it for GR2 or another game-engine, simply because GR is very limiting if you compare it to the newer engines.

Also, the work that is involved in making something for GR isn't appreciated as much as it was before because more and more people are not playing it anymore.

So, it's not so hard to understand that a modder doesn't want to invest a lot of time into something that isn't played in the end.