SASR Defenders OUT NOW

Chems

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The perentie is wider but I started with a defender, and it does look like the dog ###### so know one is going to complain, it was a Brit Army Defender first and has made a graceful transition to an aussie vcl.

I just like to have them done right Chems.

You are too good at modeling not to have built this from scratch and give it the individuality that a Perenti commands.

These are a one off vehicle and should have a one off wire.

Just the way I feel about it.

The other Aussies posting here need to do their homework as well!

Well I kinda lied, its gonna take about 15 minutes to tag them up now, I was working of pre tagged models. But I thought I was gonna have to re tag cause they were CTDing, but then I realized I had kept the plane and sky light in used for the renders and GR doesnt recognize the sky so crashes the game. 50% exported so far and looking good in game.

@Streinger and Papa, thanks :D

Ok its all done, looks tasty too and theres a test mission included to show how to get it working.

Theres 1 or 2 bugs, first is that the Mk19 when fired defliated can kill the truck its fired from, very realistic I thought. Second is that the cam covers are low and the soilders heads stick out of part of it, but the texture is spreat and if this annoys people it can just be alphed out competly its not to noticable. And the 3rd is how to get the vcls to fire etc but you will figure out how by looking at the test mission.

Awesome Chems - Top Stuff!

I noticed that you've pulled the canvas cover a bit tighter - does that avoid the soldiers bumping their heads on it? Just asking cause I like to do insertions that are non video (bumping along in a cramped Rover looking at your mates brings back memories!)

Before the 6-bees came in, we used to have to insert with a LR 110 - now that WAS cramped - but looking forward to doing it again!

Chems - guess which pic is now my comp wallpaper - simply awesome!

Annoying thing is the mod was uploaded last nite, then got an error not enough space so will do it again tonight so you can download.

Thanks all.

@Stewy, have made no changes to the covers, they were all exported first.