South Korean Hostage Executed

SFLUFAN

@insaneflyingmonkey, the KKK don't do much of anything nowadays except hold rallies at town halls and DC and such. They aren't holding hostages and decapitating them on camera. ;)

back to the subject at hand tho

i for one, like most ppl, am infuriated at these al qaeda militants' actions compared to what US troops have done to POWs/detainees. i mean, i know its bad taht US reserves were torturing POWs/detainees, but they were humiliating them, nothing taht is really life threatening or deadly like decapitation. the reserves were putting them in naked pyramids and taking nude photos of them. i mean, i don't condone actions like what our troops are doing, but what are these terrorists thinking?

i know the whole eye for an eye thing, but these terrorists are just out of hand. these terrorists' thinking is more like an eye for a nut, or something.

i say we develop a terrorist-only affecting nuke and nuke the sum*****es. :o= (not possible, but taht would be the only way not to millions of innocents)

sorry for the rant guys and i hope noone takes offense. but things like this just get me steamed up like a little teapot. :angry:

@SFLUFAN: Do you have a problem defending Christianity when there's still KKK out there?

Thats pretty assinine. The KKK are nothing but a bunch of blowholes. They must not read the bible very well...because if they did, those hating idiots would realise Jesus was a Jew!

This is pretty sad, but the 30,000 Korean troops comin to Iraq, will have one thing on there mind...REVENGE!

What is it was the other way around?

Lets say US is ocupaied by Iraq troops that are torturing US citzens and fighting a war with lots of collateral damage like ya friends or family bombed to hell.

If ya little sister was killed or rapped or tortured...what would you do with the first iraq you could lay your hands on (imagine a bunch of iraquis working in US soil as contractors)?

This is not flamming...its just to think about it.

Its easy to say these are good guys and these are bad guys when you are thousands of miles away form the hot spot.

When i start to form a opinion about this or that, i think about my self and the ones i love in both situations.

Its way more complex than "we are good, they are bad" . Theres no good people in a conflict.

Think about it.

Thats pretty assinine. The KKK are nothing but a bunch of blowholes. They must not read the bible very well...because if they did, those hating idiots would realise Jesus was a Jew!

So you are saying: The Koran promotes violence, but the Bible doesn't? And that all who REALLY follow the Bible are good. Bah, gimme a break. You could say the same thing about the extremists: they can't read a Koran very well. Just take the word "extremists." Hmmm... an "extremist" must be some one who goes beyond what their religion tells them and resorts to violence. Sounds pretty damn similar to the KKK to me. And the fact that the KKK aren't that active anymore means jack-all. Remember James Bird? In 1998 a couple of "good ole boys" chained him to their tailgate and dragged him down the road for a few miles. But wait, there's more! While they were driving THEY SWERVED! They swerved to make him scrape across that asphalt a little more. They swerved until his still live body bounced into the ditch and was decapitated when it hit a culvert! Hmmm... a couple of whacko's taking their Holy Scripture a little far and someone ends up getting decapitated. Well, no similarities there. ;)

Anywho, I agree wholeheartedly with Croc. You have no idea what they're going through.

If I have offended anybody, Good. Some of you need to be offended. :thumbsup:

Thank you, I know may claim the "Most Hated Poster at GR.net" award.

insaneflyingmonkey. <_<

Have you ever read the Quaran? Have you even read the bible? I know I am not saying that the bible is perfect, because in its English state its not. Take a gander @ the Quaran. You will be surprised beyond your recognition. I have even heard an ex Islamic talk about the Quaran and she was taught that a good Muslim is to kill anyone that doesn't believe in what they think. This isn't extremeist. This is inside a temple.

Bible says "those who will curse the Father and the Son will perish forever in the lake of fire when there judgement comes." Now thats a little paraphrased if you want I can get the verse that does say that. People who ignore the warnings of the end time will perish and not live an everlasting life, according to Christian beliefs.

It doesn't say anything about a Christian condemning someone and killing them. But it does say to protect yourself in the act of war. BIG difference Insaneflyingmonkey.

Have you ever read the Quaran? Have you even read the bible? I know I am not saying that the bible is perfect, because in its English state its not. Take a gander @ the Quaran. You will be surprised beyond your recognition. I have even heard an ex Islamic talk about the Quaran and she was taught that a good Muslim is to kill anyone that doesn't believe in what they think. This isn't extremeist. This is inside a temple.

Bible says "those who will curse the Father and the Son will perish forever in the lake of fire when there judgement comes." Now thats a little paraphrased if you want I can get the verse that does say that. People who ignore the warnings of the end time will perish and not live an everlasting life, according to Christian beliefs.

It doesn't say anything about a Christian condemning someone and killing them. But it does say to protect yourself in the act of war. BIG difference Insaneflyingmonkey.

questions about the bible...

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

:rofl: Absolute Classic Kewl - can I have a link to more?

There's no point blaming a whole religion for the acts of terrorists. IMO the best way to avoid trouble is to leave other people aone. I'm not saying turn the other cheek, but there is no point in picking a fight where there is no need for one.

When the terrorists strike, we should strike back and strike hard.

But by invading Iraq unwanted and unsanctioned by the international community, the coalistion stirred up a hornet's nest. While the actions of terrorists these days are dispicable, our leaders must shoulder at least some of the blame for starting this mess in the first place.

:rofl:

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

Last I heard, footballs are made outta cowhide leather.

:P

actually i'm sure most are fake ;)

Football Leather

For covering footballs. Traditionally of pigskin, but generally today made of embossed or printed cattlehide leather, and sometimes of sheepskin.

It's not called a pigskin for nothing. :thumbsup:

Guess i dont have to wear my gloves anymore. :rocky:

Edited by Kewl

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

All of the verses you quoted are Old Testament. Try quoting the New Testament now. Christ dying on the cross mean's that we are not living under the Law anymore, we are living under His grace. Here, I'll get you started: Mark 12

32"Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

:thumbsup:

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:38:45 RSV)

Or you can just say "Screw it, I'm gonna bomb Iraq!"

@Cowboy...

"For those who again need reminding of the cause behind all these acts of terrorism let me explain what should be obvious. The foundation for this terrorism goes all the way back to the seventh century with Muhammad, and the Koran he is attributed to have written. The Islamic religion is based upon the evolution of interpretations of the Koran by various sects over the years, many of which were used to gain power but all taking as their basic tenet those religious laws contained in the Koran for use as civil laws. This has not allowed for the separation of religious law from government law and, by its nature, freedom to follow or not follow the religion is impossible for people living under Islamic governments. There are also tenets in the Koran that can be easily interpreted to convey to followers that those not willing to convert to the Islamic religion are Infidels and can be eliminated. Those doing such interpretations are called fundamentalists."

Please note that in the last two sentences I speak about interpretation of verses in the Koran (known also by the Quran and possibly other translated titles) by those that make those interpretations, who can be Clerics or Islamics who may have ulterior motives to do so. I am sure you are aware of the many Fatwahs that have been made over the centuries including one made by Osama bin Laden just before 9/11, and he is not even a Cleric. I also have read the entire Quran and have found much that could be interpreted to suit one's own fancy. Why would there be the various sects such as the Sunni's, Shiites and Wahabies if different interpretations didn't exist? You must also be aware that the Wahabies of Saudi Arabia have largely supported the actions of bin Laden and the bombings of 9/11 by Islamic terrorists, who also were Saudi's. In essence that is support for the elimination of Infidels. How can it be seen as anything but?

"You ask for some samples of references in the Quran that could possibly be interpreted as advocating the conversion or elimination of Infidels. They follow:

8.12 through 8.17 in "The Accessions" especially 8.17 "So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them, and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy), but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing."

9. "The Immunity" virtually the complete Chapter, especially 9.5 "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful"

84.20 through 84.25 in "The Rending Assunder"

69. "The Inevitable" virtually the complete Chapter"

http://www.arationaladvocate.com/dialogislamicbeliefs.htm

Religion can be perverted very easily. One could say that God, the christain god, is a terrorist by flooding the earth and commiting mass murder (assuming the bible to be true, just to avoid arguments here :thumbsup: ). And regarding the bible and the Koran, well both are wide open for interpretation. How many times in history have a group of people killed in the name of their God? Lets not forget the witch trials or heretics, examples that quickly pops up, at least in my mind.

Edited by Kewl

You're quoting from the Old Testament. How about quoting from the New Testament. The Old Testament is talking about Jews freedom from slavery, and then it also talks about the Messiah to come. I don't follow Jewish law, because I am not Jewish.

Take a gander at the New Testament if you need the books they are as followed in order of the bible:

Matthew

Mark

Luke

John

Acts

Roman

1st Corithians

2nd Corithians

Galatians

Ephesians

Phillipians

Colossians

1st Thessolonians

2nd Thessolonians

1st Timothy

2nd Timothy

Titus

Philemon

Hebrews

James

1st Peter

2nd Peter

1st John

2nd John

3rd John

Jude

Revelations.

Why do people constantly who are not Christian/Religious/whatever think I follow Jewish law? If I was Jewish then yes...but since I am not....I follow those books I just named.

*sigh*

Might be time for a "RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE HEREBY BANNED" note...

After all everybody knows that their own religion is best... *sigh*

I was just reading this and wondering how we went from another execution to this debate about religion. :wall:

Since this thread is way off topic, I am going to close it now.