Splinter Cell 3

Dick Splash

This game took me by surprise at E3 because Pandora Tommorow was shelf fresh/ready, and here I was seeing the third installment........but this time it's initially for the PC!!! One of the mpegs that Rocky's made available show the trailer.

A Q4 release, SC3 features and all new graphics engine enabling an amazing amount of detail including new weather effects. In one clifftop sequence, heavy rain turns the environment from dry to wet.

New fancy weapons including a deadly 'environment cutting' combat knife, as well as a new Co-Op MP mode where one player can act as a ladder for his team mate make for an exciting game.

DS

• 1 month later...

it is not new info, but DAMN....this is looking good!

i was just reading about SC3 on the UBi website and it sounds great:

Features:

DEADLY AGILITY: Incredibly complete and fluid variety of moves including athletic moves, stealth moves, stealth kills.

REAL WEAPONS OF TOMORROW: The most complete arsenal of weapons and gadgets from the knife to the experimental Land Warrior System.

AS GOOD AS REAL: Never see before graphics technology offers the best visuals ever seen on any console yet. Advanced physics engine allowing rag doll physics, particle effects and perfect interaction with the environment.

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Intelligent A.I with personal attributes, natural behavior where NPCs are aware of there environment and remember past events.

AMAZING REPLAYABILITY: Totally open level design with multipaths and optional secondary objectives.

COOP STEALTH: Play multiplayer with a friends and coordinate your infiltration in an all new multiplayer challenge

LandWarrior....Intelligent AI....Open level design...COOP, now i am really looking forward to this and according to an article at Tomshardware.com we will be able to play it at Christmas :rambo:

Edited by swartsz

It is not a new engine. According to a taped interview with Xavier Fournieux, one of the Team members and later a print interview with Mathieu Ferland, this is the SC 1 engine but gutted revamped. Personally I think that makes it a new engine. After Ubisoft Montreal completed SC1 they went to work on SC3. Meanwhile SC2 was in development by Ubisoft Shanghai.

The Xbox version will release at the same time as the PC version according to Producer Ferland, and that date is before Christmas.

Although it has been stated that announcements concerning 'other platforms' will be forthcoming - read PS2 and Gamecube - web speculation is growing that this gutted and revamped engine will be too demanding for the PS2 to handle. It has much in common with the Riddick engine built by Starbreeze which, despite Vin Diesel's desires, also was not compatible with the PS2.

The sneak preview look on G-phoria revealed new footage and the Xbox logo is visible in the corner of the screen the entire time. This should not surprise people as the latest Doom III preview shown last week at QuakeCon had writers remarking that other than running at a lower resolution- for the TV - Doom III on the Xbox was identical to the PC version.

24983.jpg

24982.jpg

24984.jpg

24985.jpg

24986.jpg

24987.jpg

24988.jpg

24989.jpg

24990.jpg

24991.jpg

24992.jpg

24993.jpg

24994.jpg

24997.jpg

24996.jpg

24995.jpg

25000.jpg

24999.jpg

24998.jpg

25001.jpg

25002.jpg

25003.jpg

25004.jpg

25005.jpg

25006.jpg

25007.jpg

25008.jpg

25009.jpg

The coop idea of SC:3 does sound good. The graphics for SP:3 look great, and much more atmospheric. And finally we have a knife to gut people with.

But I was disappointed with Pandora Tomorrow. There was only one way of finishing the levels, sometimes you seemed like you had to be psychic to figure it out, like the "submarine" level. And the ending level was an anticlimax as well.

Maybe I was expecting too much from this type of game?

the only thing that annoys me is that the knife doesn't accually do anything, it's just there to look cool. anything else and the game it's current age rating, i can understand that but it would be good to have it used

Yeah, OXM said it was there to terrify your enemies more when interrogating them. It can cut through things though, like the paper walls in the Japanese missions.

the only thing that annoys me is that the knife doesn't accually do anything, it's just there to look cool. anything else and the game it's current age rating, i can understand that but it would be good to have it used

Did anyone see the G-phoria awards show and the sneak peak video of SC3? Sam used his knife in a silent kill cutting a guards throat. Maybe this was promotional only and won't be in the final game. And this quote is from Ubisoft's official page:

"You are Sam Fisher, the NSA's most elite black-ops agent. To achieve your mission you will kill from close-range, attack with your combat knife, shoot with the prototype Land Warrior rifle, and use radical suppression techniques such as the inverted neck break. Also take on cooperative multiplayer infiltration missions, where teamwork is the ultimate weapon."

The page is here:

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/splintercell3_pc.htm

Do you know what would defeat sam fisher, throw a load of drawing pins on the floor, and then when he stands on one it will get stuck in his foot, and then everytime he takes a step a little tink noise, and the guards will be able to hear him now when hes just sneaking up on them. See defeating the CIAs top man isnt expensive or technological.

But damn that does look good. I had the demo of splinter cell 1 and played it so much.

Do you know what would defeat sam fisher, throw a load of drawing pins on the floor, and then when he stands on one it will get stuck in his foot, and then everytime he takes a step a little tink noise, and the guards will be able to hear him now when hes just sneaking up on them. See defeating the CIAs top man isnt expensive or technological.

But damn that does look good. I had the demo of splinter cell 1 and played it so much.

Sam just wouldn't use the floor in that case. ;)

Did anyone see the G-phoria awards show and the sneak peak video of SC3? Sam used his knife in a silent kill cutting a guards throat. Maybe this was promotional only and won't be in the final game.

Yeah, I saw that video. It looked like proper in-game footage, if I recall correctly.

• 9 months later...

I just bought SP3 today.I like it alot for the PC. Perhaps the best of the 3 they've made yet. Helps with my new glasses as well. But really, you use your knife to throat slit one guy, you slice up guys sleeping on cots, ram them in the abdomen with the knife when you let them walk up to you in a dark corner...The graphics are abso-bloody-lutely fantastic. added to the realism of the game as well as the ambient environment.

oh boy oh boy!.. Chaos theory is amazing for PC.. The gfx are just stunning!.. I am on the penthouse level now.. It just gets better and better..

I love the inverted neck-break.. :ph34r::rofl:

and whistling.. :whistle: .. :o=

I just made a splinter cell chaos theory fraps video.. Using the new Sony vegas 6.0, 450Mb

i tried multiplayer online, you do the training first.. Not many players yet..

Edited by GooseBumps