Container Map Released

StereoG

Hi guys, ok i have being going over and over things for days. Nothing to add nothing to change nothing to take away.

Had a good session with the lighting tool, sorted some basic lighting out.

You can grab the final map Here

Heres some screens.

Dont be fooled by the size of the download its a 58.5mb install.

Day

mainmenu.jpg

day01.jpg

day02.jpg

day03.jpg

day04.jpg

day05.jpg

day06.jpg

Night

night01.jpg

night02.jpg

night03.jpg

night04.jpg

night06.jpg

Interior

interior01.jpg

interior02.jpg

interior03.jpg

interior04.jpg

Edited by StereoG

Np guys cant wait till i get a blast with 36 players. If you are interested in playing this map on a 100mbit Uk dedicated server contact me for the details.

The map between both spawn versions supports everything. The Cqb spawn version doesnt support defend because of the base 0 placement on the map but it supports all others. As i said the large spawn version supports eveything and is better for recon,defend,sg assault 100,ctf etc... The CQB spawn version is for team games mainly but supports singleplayer. The SG Assault 100 gametype supports single and multiplayer modes. 2 years experience with igor helped here alot.

If you could play the map and give some feedback that would be awsome.

Ive also included some nightvision i made a while ago.

Thanks guys.

Edited by StereoG

Yes the download filesize is correct.

Buzz extract the "cyard_final.rar" to your desktop. Inside the rar there is a cyard_final.exe which self installs the mod. You will need Winrar to extract it. You can grab it Here

If you have any probs with the installer or if your ghost recon is installed in your slave or somewhere else other than the default install location, direct the installer to your mods folder.

Edited by StereoG

Ok guys i have discovered some crazy business, the CQB spawn version base & spawns are on level 01 and the bases endup on level 04 i know what your thinking... havent changed the level in igor. The zones are at the correct level but still when you spawn ingame the bases endup on level 03 as i said. The enemy spawn on any level i put them but these bases are annoying. Anyway if i sort it i will release an update. Since the update will be a mission file it will be serverside.

Also all the sherman levels are correct in the max map as far as im aware. As i said the enemy,vehicles & fixed weapons spawn np.

Edited by StereoG

Ok i thought the sherman levels were good becuase they where showing the layout that igor generates etc... However the reference i used was mike schel or whateever and he says you just need to put a reactangle and name it correctly etc.. so i did. After reading the map builder again and i looked at the example map and relised that the sherman levels need boxes covering the floor polys aswell and you can have as many as you want aslong as they are joining but not joining two floors together. Also i discovered that you are only allowed 2 levels and you need shermantransitions between floors where the player goes up and down the stairs.

I have it almost worked out.

Anyway its not really a big deal for the container map mainly because its a mulitiplayer map but it is essential for my next map which is based on the Khamisiyah Ammunition Storage Complex which was bombed and raided by the US in 1991 during the gulf war. They thought it was just an ammo dump but then discovered something a little more sinister but it was too late.

Remeber guys this is my first map i didnt know anything about tagging,sherman levels,occluders,transitions and all the other stuff so i think i have done well is such a short time. That container map never took long i know but i have plenty of time on my hands and usually get atleast 10 hours per day to work on what i want. :D

Hey im a modern man with a modern woman, they want what we men have been doing the last thousand years so give it to em and sit back, relax & kickit. :rofl:

Edited by StereoG

Cracked It, Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Well i screwedup it seems with the container map shermans but i cant let that stop me now.

I have done a simple sherman test on my bunker 73 map foundations which is the geometry and a bunker with 1 set of stairs going down to a tunnel and its working. I had a problem with the transitions but they were just facing the wrong way and everything is working fine. I also noticed in igor that i have levels not just numbers but physical levels so i may release an update for the container yard but im tuned into this other map ive started which is looking great already even althought its only around 15 hours work so far. As i said above its based on a real facility so i have been gathering ariel photos and pictures which are going to be great for the brief shots etc... I also found some recent pictures of the bunkers which feature the venting system etc... so im going to include as much detail as possible. Theres not many pictures out there so it may not be 100% accurate in the content or layout.

HI StereoG!!

Well u Craked it !!! :thumbsup: ,LOL.......nice JOB

It is FUN in MP!!! MAn like a HUGE MAZE!!!!

I your Lucky enough, to get to those Cranes..... :o=:ph34r: LOL

THIS MAP IS A CLASSIC ALREADY!!

For missions:

We make some insertions in choper into the roof :) a hostage,couple armors,a demo objective,and couple cinematics!! The guys JUST LOVE IT!! COOL :santa:

Thanks a lot StereoG,It's a BLAST!! we play 24 guys in it.....SMooth!!

Holding for the Ammunittion Storage Complex!!! :yes:

We Thank you for your map, and your wife for her patience and understanding.

CHEERS.

p.s.

StereoG theres some nice italian maps"streets" a Island a prision "IDEA".

Awsome, really glad yall like it.

Yea this other map is taking me in new directions, i need to learn how to do roads and skin them properly. Thanks for replying Cuchillo thought i was typing to my self for a bit.

Have fun, i will keep you posted about the Bunker 73 map.

Thanks again.

TY Stewy.

I will be releasing v1.1 soon because the sherman levels on the original release are gubbed. The new sherman levels,heights and transitions are now fully workable and the ai can now find the stairs and use them. For those of you who have wanted to script missions on this map i do appoligise if i knew about the correct sherman levels setup i would have never released the map without them.

Expect the link soon.

thanks again.