help with forums for my site

o.k so i have a forum set up. and the only way i can get to it is to link to it on my forum page. but i want to know how to actually put the forum on the forum page, not the link that will take me their. can anyone help me?(my first time)

I might be able to help you if that sentence made any sense.

OK, here we go, in english this time. I have a forum for a 3rd part site, not the same site i'm making my site on, because the forum they offer sucks. So i went to the 3rd party site and made a forum. I want to know how i can put the forum on my site, like here at gr.net. I don't want to put a link on my page and that takes you to the forum, but the forum actually on the page. Sorry its hard to explain.:(

Oh, I know what u mean. Ok guys, (I think) he means he's got the forums like this but he don't it by itself on the page like these forums. He wants it integrated into his website pages. I have seen some sites do this so IT IS possible. Basically, say they got an ad at the top of their page and the menu down the side....they have the froum integrated into that page - main site menu is down the side of the page and the ad is at the top (as with all the other pages on the site). Like DS22 said, it's difficult to explain. I know a forum which is done in such a way but it ain't a IPB forum. If you like, I can post a link up here to that forum so you can understand what I'm on about a bit more easily.

If the forum isn't hosted at the same place as the rest of the site then I think the only way you can do it is add a frame, have the heading image in the frame and call"call in" the forum into the main central space.

Just don't ask me how to do it.

Remotely hosted forums are a pain in the butt. Get your own forums installed, it's the best option by a long shot. It's really quite simple, and will open up a ton more possibilities compared to a remotely hosted service.

Invision, PHPBB and most other PHP based forum systems are so easy to install it's a joke. All you need is a host that has PHP and MySQL support. Beyond that, follow the instructions.

The only hard part is learning how to make skins for them, that just takes time and figuring out what changes what. But it isn't required to get a forum setup and working, seeing as they come with their own default skins.

The only hard part is learning how to make skins for them

Yeh, luckily I have good hired help in that department :whistle:

Speaking of which, wheres this weeks paycheck?

It should arrive the same time as last months. :thumbsup:

When will last month's arrive?

It should have arrived about 4 weeks after the previous months.

It should have arrived about 4 weeks after the previous months.

So tomorrow then?