JUST MAPS

Cuchillo*

HI all !!

Beforehand thanks to all creative minds.

What about a Ghost Recon Community Mapack !!

we got already the MLP_MP2, TPCMapackv2,GRS_MapPackv1 and 2 and the COOL 10mmAUTO-MP1. oh and the SOAF maps those are Professional . :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have some GREAT maps :thumbsup: into some HUGE mods and some other around, >Lots o Ppl. ASK!!<> for the Only maps!!<

Why Not?!!

We need a COOL G.R.C.M.V1 Only maps.>or name it as u desire<

If you guys put it together, you nail it!! :yes:

IMHO

CHEERS.

Edited by Cuchillo*

Personally I would be happy to contribute for such a good thing, but I belive most people prefer to release the maps in their own mods. But I have to say the idea behind this is darn good as I feel there's still a lots of people who play GR and also some more would prolly play it if there was a good mapmod around.

SOAF maps

I would be very careful with the use of maps ported from other games without UBI's permission. I heard something about them taking actions for misusing these maps within the last few months. I wouldn't want to see the folks with good intentions to get nailed over trivialities.

I think with all the maps that r been or will be released in short time, is a good idea. I just hope the pack will come with maps only. There r too many weapons mod already.

And yeah no SOAF maps inside this pack. IMO they dont fit into anyway. GR is more like open space game not CQB but that's just me ;) .

I'm not opposed to this idea as long as its fresh maps. What's the point of recompiling maps that have been released already? Its a matter of activating/deactivating a mod which is pretty simple in my book.

I will warn you that the maps in Frostbite wouldn't be included in this map pack. The entire team is against the idea of Frostbite being broken apart into tid bits. Besides the maps don't fit within the realm of what RSE produced.

Furthermore, I've signed a NDA with WOI regarding the maps that I made for that mod. It simply states that content designed for WOI stays with WOI.

Now that both of those projects are complete, I'm not opposed to designing MP maps for a map pack.

Oh, and one other thing...

I wouldn't touch those SOAF maps with a 10 foot pole.

HI ALL!!

OK FRESH maps :thumbsup: or OLD maps :thumbsup:, why NOT!!!

EL_OSO!!.... For us will be more simple to Activate just ONE SINGLE mod.or MAPACk instead having 15 of them !!LOL but o well is your book. np

If there's a COMPILATION of MODS,SKINS and GUNS !! WHY NOT a COMPILATION of MAPS!! :yes:

The Compilations or Mapacks already done( as I posted before), leave them alone if u want ,they already packed to use :thumbsup: use the ones that were left out.

About the SOAF maps , it's been already discuss LOts, lots, leave them alone.

That why I say "Those are Professional". turn page, carry ON!! :yes:

CHEERS.

I'm not opposed to this idea as long as its fresh maps. What's the point of recompiling maps that have been released already?

you'd be surprised at how many people neaver heard of the many maps that are available.

way to many people online are playing only 2 mods, one of them being HX5 and the other ....well, you know.

this late in the game, you still get people in multiplayer games going "oh, what map is this?"

compiling a map only mod is a great idea, old maps or new it doesnt matter because there are tons of old maps that are just fantastic but people dont ever get to play them online.

take for example the Ossetian Woodlands and IG Downtown maps. 2 outstanding maps that were pretty much ignored until they showed up in the ever popular 'X.x' mod.

I could list about 10 maps that would make great multiplayer maps and most people here would know these maps but mention them in the UBI lobby and all you'll get is blank stares.

And yeah no SOAF maps inside this pack. IMO they dont fit into anyway. GR is more like open space game not CQB but that's just me  .

I dunno, imo its the mixture of open space maps and CQB that makes this game so great, different types of gameplay requiring different tactics and skills from the players.

Not just running around with full auto on.

I could list about 10 maps that would make great multiplayer maps and most people here would know these maps but mention them in the UBI lobby and all you'll get is blank stares.

And what makes you think repackaging them would suddenly change their awareness? Most people don't play mods and don't want mods.

I sort of agree with Oso, if only because so many of the maps out there that you guys are considering I wouldn't be interested in playing more then a couple times.

And what makes you think repackaging them would suddenly change their awareness? Most people don't play mods and don't want mods.

:blink: nothing could be further from the truth. if it was, then there wouldnt be new ones coming out all the time. if it wasnt for mods this game would have died 6 months after it was released (as it has ZERO replay value)

all games that have "canned" missions" fall out of touch with player after they've played a a few times. enemies always in the same predictable location, mission objectives that never change !! who in their right mind wants that.

as for 'repackaging' I think thats the wrong term to use.

mods keep ghost recon alive, and we can never have enough maps. :o=

I think its a great idea to have a community map pack mod, which contains all the maps that have been done, only one mod to be activated by server and client instead of trying to find a server wiv one or another mod running.

:blink:  nothing could be further from the truth.  if it was, then there wouldnt be new ones coming out all the time. if it wasnt for mods this game would have died 6 months after it was released (as it has ZERO replay value)

all games that have "canned" missions" fall out of touch with player after they've played a a few times. enemies always in the same predictable location, mission objectives that never change !! who in their right mind wants that.

as for 'repackaging' I think thats the wrong term to use.

mods keep ghost recon alive, and we can never have enough maps.  :o=

Uh...

I hate to rain on your parade but most of the best mods weren't released until over a year after the inital release of GR. Most of the first mods were simply missions or reskin jobs and frankly weren't all that innovative. It is true that there were some weapon mods that were pretty cool at the time but there weren't any new maps to be seen at all. You must have a short attention span to think this game has absolutely no replay value to make that kind of statement. You are correct however to assume that the game wouldn't be played as much today if it wasn't for the modding capabilities.

Believe it or not there are still people playing Rogue Spear these days and that modding community has moved on long ago.

It is true that playing canned missions over and over is much like watching the same television show over and over, BUT RSE did provide a mission editor to circumvent this issue. How is repackaging already released maps with pre-set spawn zones any different? This is not a "new" and "innovative" idea. Wouldn't it just upset you to no end if you purchased GR2 and all it had was the original maps repackaged for you?

Why would you call it anything other than "repackaging"? No matter how much you sugar coat it that's what it is. The supporters of this idea don't seem to want to take the initiative to be the grunt in this process but seem to be trying to appeal to one of the creators to do the dirty work. Essentially someone would take maps that are ALREADY released and sticking them all in a new mod for people to download over again. This would entail a lot of work on the IGOR side of things because one would have to ensure that there weren't any references to the "old" mod in the mission file.

I also think I speak for most map makers about the process of repackaging. We would be much happier working in Max creating NEW map levels than recompiling everyone's old work.

You're last statement is a complete oxymoron with this thread. "We can never have enough maps. :o= " While I agree with this statement, I disagree with the premise that we need the repackage them. The statement should read, "We can never have enough NEW maps."

Wouldn't it just upset you to no end if you purchased GR2 and all it had was the original maps repackaged for you?

Not at all, it would upset me if all those maps were lost.

About map-mod : most custom-maps are not playable (not working command-map, AI gets stuck behind geometry(I know, I know these are MP-maps only right?), not GR-like etc.) Only a couple are good.

And I agree with EL_OSO (only this time :D ) about releasing the same things but then together. I have the maps as standalone, got them in a mappack too, and now there would be another map-pack ? I would have the same maps 3 times on my HD (with same mappoints !)

What you could do is make a campaign on all the (working) custom maps. At least then there's something new (make new mappoints too etc. for gametypes).

Another thing is : mapmakers should release their maps in a mod with only the map and no other stuff, then we could just simple activate them all. But now there comes weapons,skins, vehicles you name it with the mod, so when you activate a couple of them you get alot of stuff. If you had a weapon-mod only you'd like you could activate it with the map-mods. JMO

(but now it's all too late :angry: )

:P

OSO is missing the point and turning a simple conversation into something personal.

GR is only a game, like many before it, it will run its course and nobody will give a hoot about it or the mods that were released for it.

if personal fame and glory are your motivations for making a mod then I could see why you would object to others wanting to reuse it IN A WAY THAT IS FUN FOR THEM.

I dont think the original poster was talking about making 'NEW' mods with old material., I think he point was that it would be easier to compile a few good maps into one mod rather than having to download and install 10 different mods just to play a map. :nono::o=

this is an old arguement that has 2 completely different sides and they are NOT going to see eye to eye.

nobody will give a hoot about it or the mods that were released for it.

You may not, players may not, some modders may not. Other modders DO and WILL care until the end of time. Time to accept that and move on.

Professionals get compensation in the form of money. When a game is released,the game artists, who are professionals, get the satisfaction of knowing that their work is going to put food on their table. They "sell" their work for others to use. When you buy a game, it in a sense becomes partly yours because you payed money to own it in certain respects. When modders release mods, people just take them for free, they give nothing in return to justify it as being partly theirs. The only thing modders can hope for is some sort of control or integrity to remain over their artwork. Is that too much to ask for? I offer my artwork/mods for free, I just want them to remain as I created them. Thats the only compensation I can hope for. Have a little respect, its free to you, if you want to change something, ask the artist about it and respect his wishes.

It always seems that its the people who havent contibuted their own mods to the public who complain the most, want to borrow parts of others mods, want modders to release max files, and want more of a "free ride" than they are already getting. If you're tired of the mods available and tired of the game, there are plenty of other games out there, why not go check some of them out, maybe you'll be happier there and with their respective modding communities.

DonMiguel Posted on Jun 19 2004, 14:04 

this is an old arguement that has 2 completely different sides and they are NOT going to see eye to eye.

I know this all too well, I dont even know why I bother sometimes. I guess it's either defend my position once in awhile, hoping some people will see the light or just quit modding altogether.

It always seems that its the people who havent contibuted their own mods to the public who complain the most, want to borrow parts of others mods, want modders to release max files, and want more of a "free ride" than they are already getting.

Well said! :thumbsup:

HI ALL !!

OMG !!! :nono: " FREE RIDE"?!!!! "eye to eye"?!!Complain the most?! Guys GUYS u are missing the POINT for Complete!!! turning this first post into a UGLY Argument!!

If u dont agree or don't like the IDEA or just DON"T WANT TO DOIT!! oke Np!! someone will come a doit for "DA comm . YA!!!" easy.

Lexsis is right !! can u see GUYS!! OMG is SAD :(.

Don't listen to the community?

Is time guys to realize what does the gaming comm.wants or need is FUN!!! :yes: MAPS a comm. mapack!!! a new one !! keep Updating the mapacks!!!

remember GUYS I TOLD YA!!!

CHEERS.