MARPAT

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I downloaded and installed this map to my G/R mods folder. With I/S, this mod and Desert Siege activated it boots me to the desktop as soon as I ready up??/ Any ideas?? I tried with D/S and I/T de-activated also and got the same thing.

Thankx,

GUN

I finally got the Mod up and Running. Six, this mod kicks ass!

Just a few suggestions.......

1. Get rid of those sights and bring back the old ones.

2. Can we have our Scopes back on the M-16?

3. My M249 sings like birds everytime i shoot.

4. Cant play any Multiplayer games with the mod. it boots me back to my desk top everytime i try to play.

5. and last but not least, can you add some Ranks to the armpatches? ex: Sgt, Gunny Sgt, LCPL, CPL, PVT, etc...?

Genuine MARPAT uniforms used by the USMC can mostly be had from Marine installations/uniform shops, not Army, USAF, etc. If you know a Marine then he could help you out. Keep in mind that the uniforms are kinda new and in some places are few in numbers.

Watch out for surplus stores that advertise their MARPAT cammies. They're not from the actual gov't contractor and the designs are WAAAAAAAAY off.

If you're in that bad in getting a set of them, there's e-bay but I highly suggest it as a last resort. They're quite overpriced and not to mention they're auction$. I've seen MARPAT covers go for as much as $15 U.S. while I bought 2 covers and a boonie cover for roughly $20 U.S. at the uniforms shop.

Now, as for the 31st MEU Mod:

- Seeing that English wasn't the Modmaker's primary language I suggest getting with someone to look over the translations and make corrections as necessary. For example, at the bottom of the campaign select screen there's a "31th MEU" logo on a MARPAT background. It should be "31st MEU." Just a tad bit of polish on the translation would improve the immersion alot for us english-speaking heathens.

- Correct me if I'm wrong but the M14 should be semi or full auto. I don't recall a 3-rd burst.

- So far, I can't get past the 1st mission in the mod's campaign. I've tried new campaigns with the mod with the regular GR campaign and all's well. I try it in Desert Siege and there's no desert uniforms. Hopefully the maker will get around into doing them. So for the time being I can deal with the woodlands in DS but the characters don't have any covers/hats.

- I'm begging for the M40A3 sniper rifle! You can't have a USMC scout sniper without the M40A3!

- Also, the M60 had long been phased out as the Corps' GPMG. The M240G is the norm now.

- I suggest adding "blooming reticules" whenever there's movement. Many reticules don't have the blooming effect.

- IMO, I like the style of the reticules. I also don't mind the lack of a zoom for weapons without scopes. That's a plus.

- I suggest changing the sound effect for the M60. It sounds like a buzzsaw, which it definitely wasn't (I've fired the M60E3 years ago).

1. Seeing that English wasn't the Modmaker's primary language I suggest getting with someone to look over the translations and make corrections as necessary. For example, at the bottom of the campaign select screen there's a "31th MEU" logo on a MARPAT background. It should be "31st MEU." Just a tad bit of polish on the translation would improve the immersion alot for us english-speaking heathens.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong but the M14 should be semi or full auto. I don't recall a 3-rd burst.

3. So far, I can't get past the 1st mission in the mod's campaign. I've tried new campaigns with the mod with the regular GR campaign and all's well. I try it in Desert Siege and there's no desert uniforms. Hopefully the maker will get around into doing them. So for the time being I can deal with the woodlands in DS but the characters don't have any covers/hats.

4. I'm begging for the M40A3 sniper rifle! You can't have a USMC scout sniper without the M40A3!

5. Also, the M60 had long been phased out as the Corps' GPMG. The M240G is the norm now.

6. I suggest adding "blooming reticules" whenever there's movement. Many reticules don't have the blooming effect.

7. IMO, I like the style of the reticules. I also don't mind the lack of a zoom for weapons without scopes. That's a plus.

8. I suggest changing the sound effect for the M60. It sounds like a buzzsaw, which it definitely wasn't (I've fired the M60E3 years ago).

1. On the official website there are the 31th Marine Expeditionary Unit. I think its correct.

2. You are right ! I have no permission to use the Sound from the Weaponmodmaker. Bring me a Sound, i can use it.

3. I have never speak, there is a DS or Metro Camo in this Mod ! Its a Mistake from some Webmasters....I repeat: The USMC Desert and USMC Metrotarn are especialls (Skin)Mods, available in a few Days. You cant see the Covers in the Menuscreen, buts ingame availabel.

4. Sorry, i repeat: I have no M40. Bring me one and i will include it.

5. Its a new Info for me :)

6. What is a Blooming Effect ???? :o

7. I love it too :D

8. Its Original Sound !

Did u guys see the interview with the wounded marines?

One of them was wearing the Desert MARPAT.......but no one did it in combat.

Why do the 2nd Marines are wearing tan boots, desert helmets and woodland pattern all over? :huh:

They are not blending in............maybe thats why there's too many casualties among the Corp. :o

usmc15.jpg

I believe, the woodland camo you are seeing are MOP suits, flack jackets, and gortex jackets. I haven't seen one Infantryman or Marine wearing woodland camo BDU's.

However, it is not uncommon to see the REMFS wearing woodland camo BDU's.

I'm having a few troubles. Some of this may be due to me not having IT, I however have DS. I've heard the mod will play just fine aslong as I don't attempt the campaign/missons.

1. The ghillie suit on the snipers doesn't show, it's white.

2. I can't see Henry Ramirez's weapon and it says "find key" in the weapon slot.

3. Some weapons/reticles don't have pips.

4. The sound of the M60.

5. (This one's personal preference) I'd rather have the original reticles.

I read someone saying there needs to be a M40a3. They're absolutely right :P If there was some you (Sixpence) could get ahold of one, or have someone make one, that would be awesome :o=

Other than those "problems" I'm experencing, I love the mod :wub:

Edited by Copenhagen

As far as US Marines in the Gulf with "woodland cammies," those are in fact MOPP Suits (NBC Suits) with woodland camouflage. Most of the Marines there have desert camouflage, mostly being the 3-tone camouflage while the lucky ones have gone out and acquired MARPAT Desert cammies.

As a Marine, I can tell you that the Corps' has always been on a limited budget. On average, the USMC only gets about 10% of the defense budget. If you contrast pictures between US Army soldiers and Marines you'll never see woodland MOPP suits on the Army. They've got the $$$ :rocky:

As far as the casualties go, in general, the Army, having most of the armor is fighting forther North West in the more open desert. The British and US Marines have Nasariyah (sp?), Basra, and Umm Qasr to deal with. It's using the forces for what they're best suited to. Also consider that the USMC has never been a force with lots of heavy armor, it's always the infantry first.

Going back to the Mod topic:

- IMO, it wouldn't be a good idea to add armpatches for the Marines in the mod. We don't wear rank insignia on our arms, only pin-on ranks on the collars. Considering that the collars are covered by vests, LBV's, etc. the modder shouldn't worry about showing them unless he's got someone with little gear on the upper body. On a related note, other than name and service tags/tapes on the cammies, the Marines make it a point not to wear any divisional patches either. All you'll see at most is a US flag.

- Someone had an M40 as part of their mod, but this was a while back. Will look around. Same thing for the M240G, or I'm hallucinating back to the Rogue Spear days.

- An additional kit I suggest: A kit with a plain vanilla M16A2 with a secondary set of 3-4 grenades. M203s are great but there are times when i want to lob something over the wall close by.

- The M4 w/ C-Mags are quite a different treat. Nice touch.