What Book Are You Currently Reading?

deadly_sniper22

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veil: the secret wars of the CIA.....

I'm trying to read a bit into Ground Branch...lol bought the book for 2 euro at a local supermarket.

I'm reading First In by Gary C. Schroen(About half-way through) and I'm probably gonna buy Jawbreaker as well in order to read into GB as well. And it was the only good book I saw at the book store in the mall. They don't have a good history section. Only cost me about 7 bux.

Veil: the secret wars of the CIA.....

I'm trying to read a bit into Ground Branch...lol bought the book for 2 euro at a local supermarket.

I'm reading First In by Gary C. Schroen(About half-way through) and I'm probably gonna buy Jawbreaker as well in order to read into GB as well. And it was the only good book I saw at the book store in the mall. They don't have a good history section. Only cost me about 7 bux.

I'm often in second hand book shops, they have books for 1 € bought rogue squadron red cell last month, not exactly my style of writing, but for that price a good holiday snack. (read at night when the kids sleep)

I'm reading a book about a female terrorist hunter at the mo. dunno the author .....

I am currently reading Escape From the Deep, The Epic Story of a Legendary Submarine and Her Crew by Alex Kershaw. It's about the USS Tang being sunk by her own torpedo on it's fifth patrol in the Formosa Straight. I am at the sinking right now.

In the past 4 months, I have read:

The Chase - Clive Cussler

The Shell Game - Steve Alton

The Eagle and the Rising Sun, The Japanese - American War 1941-1943 - Alan Schom

The Airmen and the Headhunters, A True Story of Lost Soldiers, Heroic Tribesmen and the Unlikeliest Rescue of World War II - Judith M. Heimann

First Team: Angels of Wrath - Larry Bond and Jim DeFelice

Still to read and not neccessarily in this order:

Battles Lost & Won: Great Campaigns of World War II - Hanson W. Baldwin (this book is from 1966)

Shadow Command - Dale Brown

All Hands Down, The True Story of the Soviet Attack on the USS Scorpion - Kenneth Sewell

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished Moment of Truth in Iraq, by Michael Yon. Most amazing book I've read so far, by a reporter who knows what he's talking about, because he's logged the most time there. Can't say much else about it, just look at the reviews on Amazon.....

Currently reading Tales from a Tin Can, The USS Dale from Pearl Harbor to Tokyo Bay.

Finished reading All Hands Down, The True Story of the Soviet Attack on the USS Scorpion.

Yet to read:

Sea of Thunder, Four Great Commanders and The Last Great Naval Campaign 1941-1945

A Tale of Two Subs, An Untold Story of World War II, Two Sister Ships, and Extraordinary Heroism

Blind Man's Bluff, The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage (I wonder if some of Saint's missions will be mentioned????)

The U-Boat War, The German Submarine Service and the Battle of the Atlantic 1935-45

Flyboys, A True Story of Courage (written by the guy who wrote Flags of Our Fathers and is about a group of flyers in the Pacific Theater of Operations and includes George H. W. Bush being shot down and being held captive as a POW)

• 1 month later...

I'm not currently reading anything aside from boring textbooks for school. The last good book I read was Halo: Contact Harvest. If anyone is a fan (or not) of Halo, I recommend reading through all the novels. They all go much deeper into the story than any of the games do and they fill in the gaps between games as well.

Contact Harvest tells the story of humanity's first contact with the Covenant, and the story revolves around Sgt. Johnson and, to a certain extent, Pvt. Jenkins. Jenkins you might remember from Halo: Combat Evolved. Though he wasn't a main character in the game, he did have an interesting supporting role at one point.

Blind Man's Bluff, The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage (I wonder if some of Saint's missions will be mentioned????)

I can neither confirm or deny... 0:)

I will say that the USS San Juan is on the cover...and I know 2 of the 3 people up in the bridge.

I'm reading one of the novels based off the TV show 24 called Trinity.

Currently reading "Angels of Darkness" by Gav Thorpe

Since mid April I've reed a few Warhammer 40k books (on the train commuting to/from work):

"The Horus Heresy - Horus Rising" by Dan Abnett

"The Horus Heresy - False Gods" by Graham McNeill

"The Horus Heresy - Galaxy In Flames" by Ben Counter

"The Horus Heresy - The Flight Of The Eisenstein" by James Swallow

"The Horus Heresy - Fulgrim" by Graham McNeill

"The Horus Heresy - Descent Of Angels" by Mitchel Scanlon

"The Horus Heresy - Legion" by Dan Abnett

"Deus Encarmine" by James Swallow

"Blood Debt" by James Swallow

"Deus Sanguinius" by James Swallow

"Dawn Of War" by C S Goto

"The Trials Of Isador" by C S Goto

"Dawn Of War - Ascension" by C S Goto

"Dawn Of War - Tempest" by C S Goto

They vary from "ok" to "great", but at least I have something to get my mind of work for a while... :P

I can neither confirm or deny... 0:)

I will say that the USS San Juan is on the cover...and I know 2 of the 3 people up in the bridge.

I'm reading one of the novels based off the TV show 24 called Trinity.

This book also reminds me why that The New York Times is full of those who practice yellow journalism. It's one thing to keep check on the government, but something else to blow secrets out of the water.

Currently reading "Angels of Darkness" by Gav Thorpe

Since mid April I've reed a few Warhammer 40k books (on the train commuting to/from work):

"The Horus Heresy - Horus Rising" by Dan Abnett

"The Horus Heresy - False Gods" by Graham McNeill

"The Horus Heresy - Galaxy In Flames" by Ben Counter

"The Horus Heresy - The Flight Of The Eisenstein" by James Swallow

"The Horus Heresy - Fulgrim" by Graham McNeill

"The Horus Heresy - Descent Of Angels" by Mitchel Scanlon

"The Horus Heresy - Legion" by Dan Abnett

"Deus Encarmine" by James Swallow

"Blood Debt" by James Swallow

"Deus Sanguinius" by James Swallow

"Dawn Of War" by C S Goto

"The Trials Of Isador" by C S Goto

"Dawn Of War - Ascension" by C S Goto

"Dawn Of War - Tempest" by C S Goto

They vary from "ok" to "great", but at least I have something to get my mind of work for a while... :P

:rocky:

I'm reading....

Codex: Chaos Space Marines

Codex: Dark Eldar

Codex: Eldar

Codex: Imperial Guard

Codex: Necrons

Codex: Orks

Codex: Space Marines

Codex: Tau Empire

COdex: Witch Hunters

.... As reference material for my ongoing DoW mod.

• 2 years later...