What Book Are You Currently Reading?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I've read in the last two weeks:

Book 3 of the Wheel of Time, Robert Jordan (All the library had.)

The Wee Free Men, Terry Pratchett (Brilliant!)

Spirits White as Lightning, Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edgehill (Very good, Read Beyeond World's End first though)

Pure Dead Magic, Pure Dead Wicked, Debi Gliori (Interesting....)

Rat Race, Dick Francis (Only just started. Good so far.)

The da Vinci Code, Dan Brown (Brilliant. Avoid if devout Catholic though, it's a bit controversial....)

I loved it. I managed to guess what was going to happen twice in the whole damn' book!

Like I said though, if you are a devout Catholic, maybe other Christian denominations, avoid it: it's got some controversial ideas/facts.

Reading a bunch of new books, Fiddler Fair by Mercedes Lackey and On Basilisk Station by David Weber.

• 2 months later...

"The Battle of Mogadishu" edited by Matt Eversmann and Dan Shilling

For those of you who liked Black Hawk Down or In the Comany of Heroes I believe you will like this book. This book is divided into six parts or chapters.

1. Operation Gothic Serpent by Matt Eversmann - Tells what is was like being in charge of Chalk 4.

2. Sua Sponte: Of Their Own Accord by Raleigh Cash - He was a 22 year old Sergeant on the rescue convoy for Task Force Ranger.

3. Through My Eyes by Mike Kurth - A radio and telephone operator for Chalk Three.

4. What was Left Behind by John Belman - A Ranger Sergeant on the CSAR team for Task Force Ranger. Helped in securing the crash site of Super 61.

5. Be Careful What You Wish For by Tim Wilkinson - an Air Force PJ with the CSAR team for Task Force Ranger.

6. On Friendship and Firefights by Dan Schilling - An Air Force Combat Controller with the convoy.

Excellent book!

Dark Winter by Andy McNab ...... l :drool:

Is that his latest?

I had read a couple of McNab books a year ago and just finished Last Light.

I would have thought all the 25 and under crowd would have read Generation Kill by now.

Currently re-reading Galpagos - Kurt Vonnegut

My Generation Kill review :)

Dark Winter Review by Rocky :)

I'm currently flying though Dan Brown's Angel's and Demons.

Just finished rereading Scarecrow by Matthew Reilly, and Area 7 by the same author, if you like your books fast and furious I'd definitely suggest reading them, start with Ice Station though, then on to Area7. The last Tom Clancy I read was Teeth of the Tiger, didnt enjoy that much, it never seemed to get started.