Graphic Corruption

StereoG

I won't go into too much detail because it's a hard to explain but it's caused by Z-buffering.

When 2 faces are close to one and another, the Z-buffer determines which face should be drawn in front and which one in the back. It's also used to determine the intersection between two seperate pieces of geometry.

For instance if you have a fence that is made out of vertical poles and horizontal boards, the boards go right through the poles.

Because the geometry is so close to one and other it sometimes messes up and shows the board rather then the pole.

To solve the problem you have to delete any geometry that is inside another consealed mesh.

Try to keep the inside of a shell as clean as possible and don't stick objects into another one thinking that it will render ok.

Edited by |rsi|™deleyt

To solve the problem you have to delete any geometry that is inside another consealed mesh.

Try to keep the inside of a shell as clean as possible and don't stick objects into another one thinking that it will render ok.

This can be virtualy impossible to do at times. To sum it up, my interior walls are the minimum 2 cm thick but the engine can't handle it at an extreme distance (150m+). I've got several z-buffering issues on the mosque map. The only way around it is to either wall up the entire village, delete the interior rooms, or change the fog settings to keep the viewing distance short.

I also noticed this occurring on the Sniper's Nest map from Frostbite where the viewing distance was very long. It would "glitch" on the vehicles and characters in the convoy.

IMO its the age of the technology and hardware that causes this to happen.

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but, for example, if I put a box on the ground and want to delete the face that is against the ground (and unseen), then I right-click>Convert To:>Convert to editable mesh. Then in my modifiers list I can select Editable Mesh and I have selection options for Vertex, Edge, Face, Polygon and Element. I select Polygon, and then I click on the face I want to delete in my perspective viewport. Then I hit delete, it brings up an are-you-sure? prompt. Click ok and the poly is deleted.

That's in response to san's question, btw.

Edited by H-Hour

Yes the 24bit buffer does fix it but most people run it 16 so i remodeled my outer walls and inner office walls. It took 5 hours but it has stopped the corruption... Woohoo :D

When i thought about it for a while & i realised that its the quality of the zbuffer rendering if you like, its not good enought for the model detail/faces/polygons etc... but if you bump it up it stops the corruption as biro says.

So how did i fix this by simply remodeling some parts?

Ths answer is simple the model/faces etc... are to complex for 16bit. What i did was make the wall model more simple and less faces and dettachments etc... I have managed to create the exact same model but more fuller and and complete.

I suggest you rethink your creation methods for such objects that persist to glitch.

Well, I can't see why people should run it on 16. Personally I can't see any fps improvement so why should they run it when it gives some graphic problems on most maps.

On my farm map, for example I had these windows shutters and I tried everything when having Zbuffer on 16 but they still kept showing up wrong on 50+ meters distance. So I just dropped the whole thing and made it so it looked good in 24 bit.

I know there can be some problems that you can see on the inside off the walls etc. and I know this also happens on some of the original maps, so I just hope this ###### is gone in GR2.

Ths answer is simple the model/faces etc... are to complex for 16bit. What i did was make the wall model more simple and less faces and dettachments etc... I have managed to create the exact same model but more fuller and and complete.

I suggest you rethink your creation methods for such objects that persist to glitch.

Dude,

All my walls are one face. You can't get any cleaner than that. I don't use boolean on boxes for the simple reason that they get messy. 90% of everything I make is with splines.

I'm with Biro here. I tried the 24 bit z-buffering and the glitches disappeared completely.