m-m-m-m-marketer---

osokdfgr

Would you know it, some company called my house from Prince George Island, British Columbia. Thev'e called once before but i didnt answer. The second time (this time) I answered and said hello. No answer for 1 second so I shouted angrely, "HELLO!!" (with a slight grrr for emphasis, so it was more like, HELRO!!.) anyways a female with a british accent answered and wanted to do a survey for pet produts stuff...anyways I was finally asked my age and well I hate marketers so I just spat the first thing that came into my mind, 1980 October 12th. and I was asked,

"Soo, how old does that make you?

In reply I hung up because I wouldnt be able to compute the years fast enough in my head to make it seem like I was telling the truth...anyways 1980 was 24 yrs ago. :unsure:

I'm too polite. One of the reasons I don's answer the phone much these days.

Telemarketer: Hi! You've just won a trip! All I need is your credit card info!

Me: So, I've won a trip. Any catches?

TM: No! It's yours, free. I just need your credit card info so I can send you a video tape showing what you've won!

Me: Well, since I've won, and there are no catches, just send me the tape.

TM: I need your credit card info first, then I'll send you the tape!!

Me: But, being a free trip, my credit card info is irrelevant. Send me the tape, I'll enjoy viewing it, and I'll send you my CC info once I know that the trip is something I'd enjoy. I won it, right? It's free?

TM: Yes, it's free. Can I have your CC info now so I can send you the tape?

Me: Erm, no. Send the tape, and I'll send you my CC info as soon as I decide it's worth it for me AND you.

TM: Great. Now, can I have your CC information?

Me: No. Send the tape.

TM: But I need your CC info first.

Me: No you don't. It's free, I won, right? Send me the info first.

TM: Of course. What's your credit card info?

This went on for half an hour. I rather enjoyed it.

Trolls.

I pretty much just hang up on them or ignore them altogether.

Its amazing, they let the phone ring about 15-30 times and when you answer all their selling is like a toaster oven or some damn books.

Edited by Zantar45

It's quite simple. You politely ask them to hold on for a second, and of course they bite and say yes. You set the phone down without hanging up, plop down on the couch and start watching a movie. If they havent hung up after 10-15 minutes, just start pressing the numbers on your phone until they hang up.

Actually, it's even simpler than that! :o

You just politely say, "No, thanks. Not interested," and ask for your number to be removed from their calling list. :thumbsup:

my dad does that, its not fun. Alot of younger kids i know even can get jobs to be a telemarketer and they just sit on there but all day making phone calls so i figure might as well make them work for it, bug em a bit. :devil:

Heard a story here I think, about this person who when they rang up half way through talking to the TM goes, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE" pause, "WHY HAVE YOU GOT A GUN!!" then "no NO dont...." gets a paper bag blows it up and slams it between the hands bangs the receiver on the top and leaves it there with the TM calling out if they are ok. Pretty mean thou. Think it was in the humor section.

Just tell to ###### off. Guaranteed 100% that them telling to do so works!

Or pick the phone up and place it next to one of the speakers of your rig. Then resume playing that rather violent video game with lots of shooting and explosions. Sound like a gang war goin on....

Edited by [Wx] .:Nightmare:.

Actually, it's even simpler than that! :o

You just politely say, "No, thanks. Not interested," and ask for your number to be removed from their calling list. :thumbsup:

Yeah right. They end up calling back later, even though it's illegal. It's a win-win for them, and an annoyance to us. Should be illegal, right next to spam and popups.

.:Nightmare:.,Jun 8 2004, 20:49 ] Or pick the phone up and place it next to one of the speakers of your rig. Then resume playing that rather violent video game with lots of shooting and explosions. Sound like a gang war goin on....

Right before plopping it next to yer comp speakers say something to the effect of, "Just a moment, I think I heard something." Then when you come back be all out of breath as you simply state, "I think thats all of them."