Goodbye Ghost Recon

Jaybee

Goodbye Ghost Recon, I am uninstalling you today.

You have been a good and trustworthy friend and you have given me many good times over the years. But I can no longer pretend that its fun to play anymore. You can only get so much out from a game and you have given me all. I know you inside out and even though you have given me so much over the years (new friends, excellent mods, maps and missions) there is time for me to go. All good things must sooner or later come to an end and now is the time for me to say goodbye.

I am moving on to other games and even though some of them haven’t been released yet I know that they will replace you on as soon as they do. Full Spectrum Warrior, Brothers in Arms, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Battlefield 2 and many more. I will keep my eye on your younger brother, Ghost Recon 2, but to be honest, from what I’ve seen and heard so far, we will most likely not have the same relationship as you and I had.

Goodbye Ghost Recon, I am uninstalling you today.

I will still visit this forum from time to time, there is much more to it then Ghost Recon, but you will not see me playing GR on any server anymore. I want to thank all the modders and scripters that have put so much work in to making a great game better. I would also like to thank RSi, SRS and GRNET and many other teams for all the great games and good times I’ve had. I’m playing Battlefield Vietnam and Call of Duty online so I hope see you there. :thumbsup:

Ya i uninstalled mine quite a while ago after years of fun. I left gr.net for about a month, and checked the news page once a wwk. One day when i checked it, it had news of GR2 on it that had just been posted and i was back. But even with all the mods, gr can only entertain some for so long.

.:Nightmare:.,Jun 7 2004, 22:26 ] I unistalled GR when I started playing uh, this game:

Yeah, I still play H&D2 - it comes within a bees thingy of being a brilliant game. The main letdown is the AI. Hope they do another :yes:

.:Nightmare:.,Jun 7 2004, 22:26 ] I unistalled GR when I started playing uh, this game:

Yeah, I still play H&D2 - it comes within a bees thingy of being a brilliant game. The main letdown is the AI. Hope they do another :yes:

Expansion pack is already on the way. They 'may' put in the flamethrower this time (incidently, they had the flamethrower in the original H&D2, but they took it out before release). FG42 paratrooper rifle was originally in H&D2 but also taken out before release. If you don't belive, look through the game referance files, they referance all the weapons currently in the game and some that were in the game but were evidently take out before release....

.:Nightmare:.,Jun 7 2004, 17:26 ] I unistalled GR when I started playing uh, this game:

http://www.wootabix.co.uk/Screenshots/HD2/redsix001.jpg

I love H&D2. I was lucky enough to get to be an expansion pack beta testor, but I had to sign a NDA, so I can't talk much about it. I think it's fair to say though that I'm buying it the day it comes out.

Damn, I wanted to know if they were gonna put the flamethrower back in this time around!! I think they were gonna have the PIAT in H&D2, but they took it out before the release of the game.

Also, look in the game referance files, you'll see that there's ALOT of uniforms/headwear etc that were in the game but they took 'em out upon release.

There's a mission in H&D2, in Africa, were you're storming an airport.... There's a female pilot and a female air traffic controller in the control tower. It's funny, you steal the clothes off civilians/German soldiers etc, provided they ain't bloodstained (don't shoot them directly, pour a lot of very near to them and they throw down their weapon and stick their hands up so u can blag their uniforms. But, if I do the same to the women in the control tower (not shoot them directly, shoot near them), they put their hands up and all, but I can steal their uniforms!! That's not fair, would be good to have one of my men walking around in a womans air traffic control unifor (with skirt)....then I can sneak past the enemy. Do you think they'd notice?

Edited by [Wx] .:Nightmare:.

.:Nightmare:.,Jun 9 2004, 09:03 ] walking around in a womans air traffic control unifor (with skirt)....then I can sneak past the enemy. Do you think they'd notice?

With you Nightmare....probably not mate... :P:lol:

I know it ain't right, but I once gunned them women down. They didn't even have no weapons! I just ran up the stairs, saw movement in the room up ahead, so I opened fire with my BAR. I walks in and realised I'd just gunned down some innocent women....gratuitous violence. Lesson learnt, never act on impulse, identify target(s) first....

Ooops, just noticed, I missed the "m" off uniform back there.

**Goes into H&D2 multiplayer wearing the RAF pilot uniform on the Arctic1 map....**