Aliens

*** MODERATOR EDIT ***

This topic has been purged because of the inappropriate posts.

@Snowfella: I appreciated your attempt to moderate the topic a lot but we felt it was good to remove those posts since they were disturbing a very constructive dialogue.

I invite the authors of those posts to avoid it again in the future. :nono:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I was just about to say "F'it...I'm in! Sleep is for the weak!"  I'll knuckle down and try to create some Colonial Marines in the few moments of spare time that I get my hands on. Now all we need is a scripter and mapmaker to get this show properly on the road again.

and on a side note....the wife is going to kill me for this...LOL

Great news!!

As I said, most of the weapons are already done, only smart gun remains to be finished. Incinerator and VP-70 pistol probably deserve a better texture, I don't mind re-doing them. (gun files, however, are quite OK, IMHO)

M577 APC is done and working, interior, turret and everything...

Character wise, the mod needs a nice alien model, and a few variations of colonial marines.

Map wise, we'd have to decide are we going to stage the mod on existing maps or try to find a mapper to make us some new ones.

Scripting wise, I'll start bugging AUS_Viper to work his magic one last time...;)

I've got some pretty decent pics of the VP70 laying about if you need them, although they are of the civilian version of it (the VP70Z). Let me know if you need them mate.

As for missions, unless we can find someone to make the map/s needed we'll just have to use the ones already available, probably night maps as it would add to the suspence of things.

And as for vehicles, I've hunted down a high detail dropship model that I'm going to try to cut down in polys (it's in the 35000 poly range now) and paint a texture for. Should get our little marines a suitable bird for insertions ;)

@Giwex: Guess it's the old IRC Op (channel moderator) in me that comes out at times...used to be an Op in a fairly busy DalNet channel back in the day, boy did it keep my boots well shined though all the ###### kicking I had to do :devil:

@Loot: Nothing's been desided yet about what format it will come in, it's alittle to early for that. But if we do pick the .exe format I'll make sure to toss up a mac compatible version of it on my server.  ;)

Thanks Snow.As allways we mac users appreciate the extra effort.Plus I'm REALLY looking forward to this one.

@Loot: Nothing's been desided yet about what format it will come in, it's alittle to early for that. But if we do pick the .exe format I'll make sure to toss up a mac compatible version of it on my server.  ;)

Thanks Snow.As allways we mac users appreciate the extra effort.Plus I'm REALLY looking forward to this one.

Billy just about summed it up for me as well.

@Snow, I found that same dropship model, however, I couldn't figure out how to crunch it down to something GR compatible...if you manage to import the bird into GR, (and I have no doubt that you will) just make sure you get the author's permission.. ;)

As for maps, there are several ways we can handle it...we can convert some day maps into night to enlarge our selection...SOAF maps might be nice too. With AvP movie out, I guess it's not too far fetched now to stage the mod on Earth. Maybe in the near future, definately near the original "Alien(s)" time frame..so we can justify the weps and the characters. I suggest we continue any further plot discussions via PM or E-mail, so not to give away all the sweet treats ahead of time ;)

I'll make sure to drop an email to the adress in the readme file and ask permission. If I get no reply or the author doesn't want us to use the model I'll be sneaky and do some high res ortho renders of the model to use for my own modeling reference. :whistle:

I'll make sure to drop an email to the adress in the readme file and ask permission. If I get no reply or the author doesn't want us to use the model I'll be sneaky and do some high res ortho renders of the model to use for my own modeling reference.  :whistle:

Then you can pass it over to me and I'll defunct the discombobulator that way the tricilatitinator will macroprocess the gigateraical bytes to mask the dumbobulators and supercapcitators.

:lol:

I'll make sure to drop an email to the adress in the readme file and ask permission. If I get no reply or the author doesn't want us to use the model I'll be sneaky and do some high res ortho renders of the model to use for my own modeling reference.  :whistle:

Then you can pass it over to me and I'll defunct the discombobulator that way the tricilatitinator will macroprocess the gigateraical bytes to mask the dumbobulators and supercapcitators.

:lol:

Right after that I suggest you utilise the flux capacitor in the rectiliniar mobile array to provide power....

lol...seems the modeling lingo can be kinda confusing :P

To make things clear here's 2 renders of the dropship model, still at it's high resolution state.

Ortho render

dropship_ortho.jpg

And a Perspective render

dropship_perspective.jpg

Should be able to see the difference in them, ortho simply means that it's a straight on render with no perspective distortion and a perspective render is more or less a real life view of the scene. Ortho's are prefect for checking dimensions while perspective are better for displaying models in a natural angle of view.

@Giwex: should be pretty safe then mate...a far as I know ammo for the AK74 is pretty rare outside of russia :P

@WP33: it sure is a sweet model, wish I had made it! LOL It even comes with a neat animation of the weapons bays opening and the landing gear opening. The model can be found on 3D Cafe's Sci Fi model page (below link)

3D Cafe

Snow