AI Mods

Hoak

Im not sure that what you are asking for works in this game. the term "bots" is also unfamiliar to many players of this game. Ghost Recon is a little different than a lot of games. You'll have to be more specific as to what kind of thing you are looking for.

Well sleeper all official Igor documentation and unofficial help documentation I can find call the games enemy and team NPCs "AI" -- so I don't know what you want me to call it or them...

Loke, the actual name is the General Enemy Realism mod, and it modifies a lot more then just Enemy AI, but you can download it it here and read more about it here...

:blink:

well with GR the bot's or ai or NPC's are not modifiable at there source, you can mimic new behaiviors via scripting, but its a little complicated ( at times ) you would just create trigger plans. produce a "behavioral responce" and use the trigger to activate it, it is however much more limited with what you can do in GR than in other games, and the ai might not "agree" with your idea and freak out.

an example might be ( on a simple level ) to create a plan when if 2 bots are close to each other they strike up a conversation then move on.

good luck and have fun

Well sleeper all official Igor documentation and unofficial help documentation I can find call the games enemy and team NPCs "AI" -- so I don't know what you want me to call it or them...

Exactly my point, no mention of the term "bots" anywhere.

Your General Enemy Realism mod doesnt affect the "behavior" of AI in any sense. It alters their stats and weapons kits. These are altered through the .atr files and .kit files and through mission scripting via IGOR.

It is highly unlikely that GR2 will offer any kind of AI scripting other than similar to what we've seen in GR1. All scripting of AI behavior can be done through missions, and stats only change how accurate they fire and how many hits they can take.

*btw, what exactly are you wanting to get the "bots" to do? handstands when they get shot at or what?

Edited by sleeper

Maybe he wants to make them more like the AI in CS: Condition Zero. Very human-like. It would be next to impossible to do i would think, because like you all have said, you cant edit any source file or whatever, only the small number of editable criteria in the atr file.

Loke, the actual name is the General Enemy Realism mod, and it modifies a lot more then just Enemy AI, but you can download it it here and read more about it here...

:blink:

Sounds like just my type of mod! BUT how do I "unrar" the thing? Have it downloaded to my mods folder, but cannot unpack it...do I need a specific program? :whistle:

Google, Lycos, Yahoo, and MSN all have search engines. Try WinRAR as the search criteria. I'll save you 15 seconds and do it: http://www.rarlab.com . :devil:

It's shareware so there is a trial period during which you can use the program for free. The site has all the details.

Edited by Apollo