Playing with kids - good or bad?

I play with 40 year old vietnam vets

Huh? :blink:

If someone told you they are 40 and a Vietnam vet, they are either wrong in their age, wrong in their war, or a former VC. :huh:

My bad, wrote that wrong. Most of the guys i play with are around 40 and over.

The vet guy are like 57 or somthing. I cant keep track of other peoples age.

Edited by Prozac360

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 17, most of the people i play with are 20-40 and the majority of cheaters ive come across are in the 15-20 age group, although in CS it is the 12 yr olds that do most of the cheating it has to be said. We have an age limit apart from one,who was a relative of a good buddy.

im 15 so i think this is about me to. i never have cheated in a multiplayer game(sp more then once. for fun :D ). although some of my classmates wich are a year older are cursing all the time. then you say something of it and you can expect a whack for your head. me myslef can harmly beat any one. sounds strange but when i want to hit some one i alwasy slow down wiht the idea i could hurt my hand :P. i found age in mp not really important. i played day of defeat wiht a 11 year kid but he had more responsibility in the game then a 20 year old guy who was there to.

as most people i curse to in a gamer but not really much. and usually i curse at myslef for making a misstake. and cheating is pathatic. you wont get any better by cheating to human opponents and you probably will get banned.

srry for the crappy englsih but im dutch

The clan I am in has more of a maturity level than an age level. We recruit people after we have played with them for a couple weeks and see that they fit in, have basic skills, etc. At the present time I believe our youngest member is 21. I could be wrong, but I know all are over 18. It goes with the maturity level. We don't look to recruit but are always recruiting. So, when someone diplays interest in joining they have things they have to do and qualities they have to meet to join. We don't recruit your fly-by-night want to join a clan this instant type of people. So, our members have a certain maturity level because of their patience and fortitude with the recruitment process. We can however be pretty immature at times when we just get goofy, but we maintain a level of respect for ourselves and players in our room. That does not mean we get rid of free speech, disallow everyone to have opinions, and not let people say how they feel about something that is said or done. That would be completely assanine to do to poeple and ourselves. You just don't cross certain lines. If someone says something completely dumb, I'm going to tell them I think it was dumb if I want. That doesn't mean I'm calling them dumb or saying I don't like them anymore. I say stupid things all the time and expect people to call me on it. It's all in good fun and it's a video game. Make friends, have fun, see ya later.

We have a 13 year old as a member on ours. He doesn't play matches as sometimes he has to be offline and such but he is a backup and plays at the practices plus is an excellent scripter. We don't usually make exceptions to that age limit but he passed the tests for maturity. we have another that plays on and off on our server which isn't a member that is 12 and very respectable to everyone who plays. Are normal age limit was 16 but we made one exception. Everyone else on the clan is 24 and up.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

• 2 weeks later...

Some little boogers tried cheating on my server in Vietcong....they were using the fly cheat in multiplayer....so I shutdown down the server and from then on the server has stayed locked, only those with the password can enter. Coincidently, those that have the password are people who can be trusted, who don't cheat, are reliable and want to play the game the way it's meant to be played (using leapfrogging etc). I don't have clan (well, not a multiplayer one anyway [one in real life, I mean er.... :whistle: ]). All the people that play on my server own allegiance to no clan. Had some damn good co-op games with me leading the assault and Force on the comms ready to bring in the airstrikes (on time he managed to kill like 15 enemies with on airstrike, he damn good).

Then there was the time time me and Force played on some else server.... IIRC, it was CTF and we were owning, me and Force had the most kills, leats deaths, most flag captures....then some one kicked for cheating - we didn't cheat. We have NEVER cheated, and don't plan to either. The boogers (evidently) kicked us cuz we were too good.

Then there was the time on co-op (Stream map) when the AI enemies kept on throwing grenade after grenade at us. Blimmin' AI are 'nade spammers too ya know, not just the "kids"!!

Hope you don't mind my opinion on this subject. Rocky was right, you will have your idiots or "azzhats" as I like to call them at either age. Unfortunately USVN has one on there ranks still, who was a poser. But, in all actuality, sometimes age is a better thing. I believe our youngest person is 16, about to be 17, our oldest is in his 40's or 50's. They all do one thing in common. Have fun. Like last night, we had a COOP mission, 5 of us died, and it was a riot, cause we were joke around saying they wouldn't make it through. Really if you are playing w/people similar to you, then you will have a good time. Of course thats just my humble opinion.

dude chems u are 87!!!oh well my grandpa plays ghost recon on my x box so i guess its ok and he always kicks my butt at it........any way when is starship troopers coming out? and do u know any thing about the afganistan mod?

I really want to play GR online (gotta wait till we get settled). Me and my friend play occasionally. I am 13, but I will never cheat or swear. I hate both. Cheating takes all of the fun out of the game, and Swearing makes you look immature. I will start looking into some clans, and I look foward to playing witrh other people who love Ghost Recon as much as I do.

oh and i dont care how people feel about young "ghosts"(players of gr) for i am 15 and have been playin since gr first came out at first it was only at a friends house and then i got gr for my self and have been playin all the time sice :thumbsup:

Christ im 14 and one of the best pilots in MechWarrior 4 online

and ive joined a ton of clans when i was 13 and they didnt mind and im also the youngest member but one of the most respected in the MechWarrior 4 clan i joined.

It doesnt matter age i know kids who are 6 years old that are pretty damn good at very hard games.

Like i said age doesnt matter all u need is to have respect for people and Maturity along with the willing to play with teams or independintly.

• 1 month later...

I'm 16, and get along with 90% of the people I play with on online games... Age doesnt matter to me really, I like being in teams with people of all ages. In a clan I was in on another game, they didnt really recruit on skill or age but how mature a player is. I was in the team for a long time and became a co-ldr of it untill it died on the game.

Just a question, if age is a matter to some of you. If you were playing with a player and didnt know his/her age, and if you and them worked good together, you liked their personality as a partener and would like to play with that person again... when you asked how old they are and they reply "12" is that going to make you say well your too young for me just because their that young? everyone was once young!...