NoRedDots on the Maps...

hi all...

Dont know if there is already one ... but i have made a little twiceMod , for removing the RedDots from the Maps...

1/ClientSide ... but cant use the Sensors...

2/ServerSide ... but cant use Friendly AI ...

if you have some ideas to make it better dont hezitate...

some precisions (in French ...) here -> http://www.clandgse.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1975&PN=1

and DL here -> http://www.clandgse.org/association/downloads.asp

;) hf&gl

Edited by DGSE_Valdez

This was recently done for WOI and we have it implemented in YOTM as well. Its one of those things like taking out the TI, anyone client side can just alter their textures, so its not good to rely on against unscrupulous adversaries.

It's pretty easy to do in any mission you make just by scripting but I'm not sure that works in MP Adversial though.

Just lock the TI on one single actor (can't remember right now exactly how you do that though) and then hide that actor from the gameworld...voila...no more red dots on the map! Can even choose that way if you want them displayed or not depending on what difficulty setting the player chooses.

Dont know if i had make it Good... but dont use the ClientSide with the ServerSide , thats differents & uncompatible ways of doing it...

1/ on the ClientSide i had just removing the RedDotTexture on the "CMI.rsb" one... so you cant see anything... and perhaps you'll have some probs with other Mods who had already made some modifications on this texture... and sure if anyone want to cheat on it , there is a facility... anyway , i think thats the Best solution for FriendlyCoops , or Missions... But you cant use the Sensors , because they are noUse...

2/ on the ServerSide , you just use the Scripts (Team one) , i had putting the SpottingDistance to 0 , so i think nobody can make any Cheats on this ...?... its better to use it for MultiplayerTeam use ... and the others Players , dont need anything for playing on your Server... But you cant use the Friendly AI , because they'll be Blind&Deaf(?)...

Edited by DGSE_Valdez

Just lock the TI on one single actor (can't remember right now exactly how you do that though) and then hide that actor from the gameworld...voila...no more red dots on the map!

afaik,

the thread indicator is deactivated but the red dots still show.

Edited by Stalker