DC3 Released

Chems

Ok so the aussie defender is pretty much done, I just want to do some more to that. But H Hour wanted this so I did it for him. The catch is there was no way, and I mean no way to get the rotors to spin facing forward as props. Take my word Ive spent hours, I nearly got it but then didnt. but this way looks kinda cool anyways. So heres some pics. Will release tommorow, sleep on it first to think of anything to add. It takes 2 passanger piolts currently. You have to script it like a heli, and by slowly increasing the speed and path heigh you can fake a take off and the back wheel rises up as well.

dc3ren.JPG

dc3ren2.JPG

And no I dont sleep hence the award.

If your using an RSB animation try removing the UVW's then reapply them, had same prob with helo rotors not RSB animating.

Alternatively animate them in Max:-

Try detaching the left propeller polygons, group them with a helper point at it's center as <n><dyn><leftprop>.

Animate it using rotation, have it looped (under Parameter curve out of range,in the track view), and flag it as "starts animating" in map editor.

Do same for Right prop.

Edited by BornToKill_TAW

Here is a screenshot from a mod i'm working on, In the background is a the blackhawk i modded as a tank(for multiplayer Coop), it consists of <n><dyn> groups that enabled me to animate it hovering in the air. If you look carefully the original point at which the AT4 rocket smoke comes from, you can see how the chopper has dropped altitude slightly in the second or two that it took for it to destroy the tank.

Here is a detailed explanation of how i grouped an animated the chopper using <dyn> groups.:-http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18173

menu1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks Chems! Can't wait to see it take off and fly.

Edit: I got it taking off in a mission, Looks Great and sure is neat. Just one question, does it still take two passengers as stated in your first post, as i can't seem to script anyone to enter the vehicle?

Edited by jay316

To get it working well in IGOR use the same as a heli, have the speed and all, then when you set your path, have its height go up by a few meters every few meters it travels foward to simulate a take off and the reverse for landing, and it works just normally in the air. With speed increase it lifts its tail off the floor very cool I thought!

• 1 month later...