activating somethign with space bar

I've not seen any, love to know if there is tho.

I have overcome this in a multiplayer coop mission mod by using a waypoint placed on the map which sets off a 5 second timer which you then have to place a Firefield on the command map, this procedure can be used to detonate remote Demo charges or call in an air strike in my mission.

PS will be releasing that mod soooooon.

Traffic mod by Tof had this in 2 or 3 maps i think. i think he labeled the objects in 3DSMAX as a door and used scripting in IGOR with the "door opened"script.like say if you wanted someone behind a wall to die when you "opened the door" it would be "door opened" then killactor "noob12345" lol not bad for a guy without 3ds max or photoshop :)

PS so its basically just discuising it as a door and not giving it a open animation or whatever etc.

Edited by [MtX]inuyasha

How about using some of the ROE keys as a way of getting an input from the player (no switching to Command Map). ;)

I use this method as various triggers (question responses from NPCs, Airstrikes etc etc) in my Mods (coming up) :ph34r:

How about using some of the ROE keys as a way of getting an input from the player (no switching to Command Map).  ;)

Erm....because it sets a ROE which you may not necessarily want :huh:

Not to mention that some people may have remapped those keys ;)

Jack :)

Yeah, but ain't it a shame that you have to be in cinematic mode for it to receive the input :angry:

Did you miss the sarcasm in my post? :rofl:

I wasn't implying that it was useful for anything other than a cinematic.

• 1 month later...

I should make clear that the use of the ROE keys to get an input from the player ONLY really works in the CO-OP game (when there is no other squads to set the ROE for) :thumbsup:

Was aware that doing this in a normal game will have undesired effects (like when a squad sees a Tank and hits the ground - this changes the ROE automatically and will trigger the response without any input from the Player !!) :yes:

Apart from changing the ROE (etc etc), I cannot think of a way to get a input from the player - anyone else any ideas ???? Or should we wait for GR2 for this ability ?

:o=

Pressing the left shift key 2x within a second can trigger something :D (something Jack explained me). This only will show the map on your screen for really short and wont give you any change of ROE or whatever.

But if you want to make it available in MP coop, only the host can activate it so no client can trigger the effect. :wall::wall:

I am working on a mission in which you can detonate a demo when you like. But if you press too late....objective failed and if you press to early....objective failed.If you dont press shift twice........no BOOM :D

Its fun but again as Jack mentioned if people have reset their map key :(

Also it's best to warn people about turning off WinXP's Filter Keys option or it can cause problems with the Shift key.