The dawn of a new game...VBS1

Only way I've figured out so far of taking screenshots of VBS is to use the good ole "Prt Scr" key (Print screen), open a suitable photoeditor and a new empty canvas. Then just paste the screen print you just took. ;)

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SALUTE ladys and gents been reading this forum and i must say game looks sweet BUT all i can say is :o WHOOA! that is way to rich for my poor butt lol

Only way I've figured out so far of taking screenshots of VBS is to use the good ole "Prt Scr" key (Print screen), open a suitable photoeditor and a new empty canvas. Then just paste the screen print you just took.  ;)

i think i can help with the sceenshots, i use to be big combat flight simulator player back before ghost came out and there is a squad who made a screenshot tool that works with just about any game, and will save them in there own folder as BMP or JPEG and all kinds goodies, best i found around

name: The Famous EURO Screenshot Tool V2.0 by Billyboy

This program works by scanning your clipboard as often as once per second for screenshots taken by hitting the 'Print Screen' key.

It is very light on resources as all shots are saved to disc, not memory, so take as many pics as you like.

get it here EURO Squadron and click Utilities tab at top

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Edited by TS_FightingFish

The Famous EURO Screenshot Tool V2.0 by Billyboy

Hey welcome to GR.net!! Save your pennies this bad boy is worth it...so I hear... thanks for the link for the screenies works excellent!!! :thumbsup:

Get your helmets...I found a war story...

0700 - SASR Patrol 13C comes under contact with the enemy...

ELCAN01.jpg

0713 - 13C Fights through the Obj...

ELCAN02.jpg

0715 - Objective Clear...

ELCAN03ObjClear.jpg

0720 - Cosolidation complete 13C sweeps remainder of the area...

ELCAN03Consolidation.jpg

:shifty:

Mike, is that one of the missions it ships with? If so, which one?

I finally beat the first mission :blink: Damn those AI are cunning little so and so's - every time I thought I had 'em licked there'd be one I'd missed.

And it only takes one :wacko:

Jack :rocky:

Mike, is that one of the missions it ships with? If so, which one?

I finally beat the first mission :blink: Damn those AI are cunning little so and so's - every time I thought I had 'em licked there'd be one I'd missed.

And it only takes one :wacko:

Jack :rocky:

@Jack... Naaaaw that's just some FNG VBS1er learnin' the ropes using the mission editor to place the enemy and the SASR... apparently that's the first time he actually won on the first go... he hasn't played through the SP missions yet (but tried....and died....) and gave one of Dek's a try.... pfffffft .50 Cals everywhere he got smoked so many times he's decided to learn how to play this sim first, rather than just jump in! (damn you Dek)... as for the enemy, soooo true.... he almost always dropped in to a proper fire position and took aimed shots through the sights (like screen one and two) but in the third screen in the left-hand corner of the ruin there was an enemy who he didn't notice until the last-minute...had to use the FPWP "Alert position" instinctive shot, vice using the scope... he made it...barely.

@ Budgie - Neither sides AI are supermarksmen so you don't have to worry about being smoked from 300m...but it CAN happen, the closer you get to them...the harder it is to survive.... boy the friendly AI are sharp... if you take proper bounds (like sprint a few feet and then drop into a fire position) your mates do the same most of the time.. there are a series of commands, but frankly they are a tad awkward (IMO) and need to be steamlined, they work okay though, but lack some of the commands you'd like to see in SP, of course in MP (as it is designed for) you just talk to your mates...

@Budgie: as Mike said you don't really have to worry about a tango taggin you in the head with a shot from the hip like the GR tangoes does but you can't let your guard down for a mere second with these guys. I've seen them do some pretty amazing things to take me out, especially when fighting a squad of enemies they seem to communicate with eachother. If one spots where you are then you are bound to get incoming fire from parts of the squad, usually from the guys packing PKM machineguns, while other parts of the squad tries to flank your position. I've seen them even go around houses while in urban settings to come up behind you :blink:

@Mike: I see you have tried dek's mission's too...I can handle the daytime mission but the nighttime one is murder! Those .50 cal's usually chew me up and spit me out in mere minutes! :wall:

@Mike: I see you have tried dek's mission's too...I can handle the daytime mission but the nighttime one is murder! Those .50 cal's usually chew me up and spit me out in mere minutes! :wall:

So true... :(

Helmet time a là Dek...

0430 - SASR elements are inserted into the LZ and prepare to assault and sieze the objective in a two pronged assault...

LZ_Koala.jpg

0437 - CONTACT! .50 Cal's and enemy dismounts are everywhere!!! Troops are getting chewed up... Callsign Alpha has been destroyed... lead section is trying to turn their left flank - BANG (Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh!)

ContactNight.jpg

:o

EDIT - I would just like to add that this is pretty much as far my mate has gotten. Gawddamn you Dek.

Edited by MarauderMike

I eventually completed Dek's great little night mission after quite a few attempts. I might add though that I was the last man standing by the time I captured the comms tower :huh:

Oddly enough I always seem to do better in night missions - seems to offer more opportunities, even if the OPFOR are NVG equipped.

Having said that, that was one of things that really impressed me about OFP - that if you spotted a SF OPFOR guy with NVG's you'd better rethink your tactics :nono:

Jack :ph34r:

So everyone's liking Dek's first easy mission?? :P

@ Budgie:- OPFOR AI is proficient they won't get headt shots on you at 300m shooting from the hip, but those PKM boys do use supressive fire a lot and they do a good job of allowing there mates to make ground on you. (Thats if you let them live that long- M24 or AW-50 is quite effective at squashing them).

Of course exception is Dragunov Sniper rifle equipped snipers on OPFOR side, some nameless individual was reportedly shot at 500m by one. :ph34r:

So true... :(

Helmet time a là Dek...

0430 - SASR elements are inserted into the LZ and prepare to assault and sieze the objective in a two pronged assault...

0437 - CONTACT! .50 Cal's and enemy dismounts are everywhere!!! Troops are getting chewed up... Callsign Alpha has been destroyed... my section are trying to turn their left flank - BANG (Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh!)

:o

EDIT - I would just like to add that this is pretty much as far as I've gotten. Gawddamn you Dek.

Yeah mate I feel your pain, first time walkiing up that "Hill" I survived all of about 2 minutes.

On the daylight mission worked out different- flanked them up the ridge and with some 40MM negotiation tact I took one of the .50's.

Then proceeded to take out the enemy defences around the main comms camp with some well placed 5.56mm from the M-4. Thank god for the SASR Trooper with the Minimi though keeps the OPFOR'S heads down.

Me thinks Dek's will be even more popular amongst the crew with his next installment. :devil:

You guys that are having a fit (like me) about this game keep in mind that operation flash point 2 is coming out in a year or so.... and maybe an alternitive and much cheaper... but then again i dunno if [OFP: DR] will have kangaroos or camels...

cool game for sure

You guys that are having a fit (like me) about this game keep in mind that operation flash point 2 is coming out in a year or so.... and maybe an alternitive and much cheaper... but then again i dunno if [OFP: DR] will have kangaroos or camels...

cool game for sure

[OFP: DR] may be a fair while off at this stage (who knwos with game dev this days). I will be getting it when it comes out for sure, it sounds like a must have.

There is more on the VBS side of things coming out and the community though small is filled with Mod makers, Developers, Mission scripters etc. Community is older and more "hard core" than most other groups.

Granted it won't be for everyone but if you wnat hard core play, great units and immersion this is a must have and as to price- it's not so much a game as a tool obviously most people own't need AAR or Observer and won't wnat all the packs if there worried about cost etc.

For Aussies it's a must have as it's developed in Australia and has the best Aussie Units out there.

"Game"- I'd class this more as a simulation.

Edited by Gordo_Viper

i have bitten the bullet and invested.

I called in some loans, took out some loans, and sold one of my lungs.

Its in the post, and should arrive early next week.

Cant wait :drool:

It was either this or GR2, and i rekon:

Why play the game that wants to be a simulator, when you can play the simulator that wants to be a game??

i have bitten the bullet and invested.

I called in some loans, took out some loans, and sold one of my lungs.

Its in the post, and should arrive early next week.

Cant wait :drool:

It was either this or GR2, and i rekon:

Why play the game that wants to be a simulator, when you can play the simulator that wants to be a game??

:lol: That's great...mind you with one lung you'll have some problems with Deks mission...

i'm glad everyone liked my "learning" mission. just wait to you try out number two  i've managed to learn a few more nasy tricks.

cheers......

<_< While admittedly I have only played your night mission 4 times and your day mission twice...I shudder to think of what is to come... keep up the 'great' work... :rocky:

As an aside has anyone notice the friendly AI's determination to follow waypoints vice following the leader, especially if he is outta sight? I noticed this in Deks mission when I flank the enemy and go over the wire... :wall: Of course I could be wrong... and just was too focused on moving

I've been interested in purchasing VBS1 since this thread began. One question I have though is, will I need to purchase the core program and all expansions in order to play mods that you guys make (like GR with DS and IT for most mods), or will the core pack and an expansion (say ADF) or two suffice?

I've been interested in purchasing VBS1 since this thread began. One question I have though is, will I need to purchase the core program and all expansions in order to play mods that you guys make (like GR with DS and IT for most mods), or will the core pack and an expansion (say ADF) or two suffice?

You definitely want to get the ADF addon...and likely the map/terrain ones as well...armed with those you'd likely be good to go... lads?

2ND RATE PILE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got VBS1, and my pile of sheet computer doesnt want to run it!

Its luckey my arm is forked, otherwise m fist would be in the screen!!!

Must be the graphics card, it works on my bros comp which has less ram and slower processor!

:angry::angry::angry: