The dawn of a new game...VBS1

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would if I could mate, tried Fraps in the past and it delivers hopelessly poor results on this system. Although I have upgraded a few things since thing I doubt the result will be satisfactory.

I can however tape a couple of hours of game play over on video, with sound, as this POS is hooked up to the videoplayer right next to it...lol

More Screenies to Drool over.....from OGN Site.

Rangers on Side of an MH-6

54.jpg

Troops with some sort of Snow Cammo

Delta Lads

Rangers and MH-6

AH-6 Little Bird

Urban Battle

48.jpg

Unit detail

42.jpg

HALO troopers in rear of C130J

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v143/thirtyg/VBS/38.jpg]Aust Army S-70 Blackhawks

36.jpg

Crew Door Gunner.

30.jpg

SASR Troopers in S-70

24.jpg

NVG on SASR Javelin Trooper.

22.jpg

USMC CADPAT

21.jpg

D-Boy

More D Boys

17.jpg

Edited by Gordo_Viper

It's main purpose is to be used by military over a LAN or an IP or dedicated server so answer is yes. I have yet to play online with it, but other people are in process of setting up a dedicated server. There's a bunch of us Aussies and other assorted people who'll be playiing online in the not too distant future.

Just wondering if there is anyone in Western Australia wanting to get into this game, as I know of place that has a 12 seat LAN licence. Anyone? :):):) Just let me know.

Where abouts in W.A.? I have a mate who would like to have a first hand look at VBS1. He works on a mine site near Newman.

:wall:

Damn, I saw the different screenshots posted and the trailer, and this game looks good. Living in Japan, I'd probably still have good bandwith to Australia, but just don't have the many many $$ that it takes to get this game. Too bad there isn't a way to hack it.....

You guys that have played it, how does it rate as far as being the "best of the best" games you've ever played?

@mike: depends alot on your rig mate. I pretty much run with the settings the Autosetup gives me although I have taken up spotting distance somewhat. Tried taking everything up to max settings once and pretty much turned it into 2 frames/second :blink: Wonder if its time to beg the wife for another new graphics card, the one I have is only a few months old though :unsure:

Problems I encountered with IGOR are pathfinding of vehicles, actors that won't react and so on. This doubles modding time. Tell me is it as simple a matter in VBS to place people/objects, set path and speed, set posture/stance, set attitude/role and actually have them do what it says?

Hmmmm...

> MP'erable.

> Great Lookin' Models.

> The Absolute Real Deal when It comes to Mitlitary SIMs.

Gonna have to keep My Eyes on this one and If I hadn't just bought an ATI Radeon 9200SE 128 DDR - I'd be shelling out about 200'ish to get VBS1 and the SF Pack right now.

Owell - Maybe around :santa: time...

Sincerely,

I have P4 3GHZ TH

1024 mb PC 3200 DDR 400

SATA HHDs

ATI 9600 pro 256 mb DDR

(nothings overclocked yet!)

and I run the video options a little hire that auto select Frame Rate 1327, Visual Quality 82 & Visibility 2547 and the system handles it fine.

When changing video settings move the notebook to the side a little and adjust the settings watching the back ground amimation and max everything out till you get lag. Its amazing the difference Visibility makes. eg Sniper shots @ 1700m with ease.

PS I would love to see it on the developers machines

:wall:

Damn, I saw the different screenshots posted and the trailer, and this game looks good. Living in Japan, I'd probably still have good bandwith to Australia, but just don't have the many many $$ that it takes to get this game. Too bad there isn't a way to hack it.....

You guys that have played it, how does it rate as far as being the "best of the best" games you've ever played?

As far as a tatical shooter its the best( its more of a sim than a game ) the AI is insane, the things the opfor does makes you double blink at times. If you dont have your wits about you, you dont last long and thats with the AI @ 50%. Totaly hanging out for a server to come online soon. This game is totaly nuts :):):thumbsup:

PS To bad those sepos carnt get it :rofl:

@ Snow and Hit Man - Thanks fellas.

Still totally new to this kind of sim, are their ways to give quick commands to your troops (like move up on the left or engage here...probably can and is done when a platoon of real soldiers are using it in a room). What about using units in a firebase...like MG's ot tanks, any way to get them to open fire at HHour or exploit an objective etc...

Still totally new to this kind of sim, are their ways to give quick commands to your troops (like move up on the left or engage here...probably can and is done when a platoon of real soldiers are using it in a room). What about using units in a firebase...like MG's ot tanks, any way to get them to open fire at HHour or exploit an objective etc...

@ Hit Man Welcome to forums mate and yeah AI is rather proficent..

Mike, you can script the Tanks and MG's etc to be called in during missions etc as a radio call or as a Dynamic trigger etc... Ditto for OPFOR as well.

As to quick commands they are there, some quick commands are detailed in manual but there should be a quick reference key card coming out soon.

Still totally new to this kind of sim, are their ways to give quick commands to your troops (like move up on the left or engage here...probably can and is done when a platoon of real soldiers are using it in a room).  What about using units in a firebase...like MG's ot tanks, any way to get them to open fire at HHour or exploit an objective etc...

@ Hit Man Welcome to forums mate and yeah AI is rather proficent..

Mike, you can script the Tanks and MG's etc to be called in during missions etc as a radio call or as a Dynamic trigger etc... Ditto for OPFOR as well.

As to quick commands they are there, some quick commands are detailed in manual but there should be a quick reference key card coming out soon.

Hmmmm interesting.

What about screenshots how does one do that....? Nuthin like war stories with applicable screens.... *wink wink - nudge nudge*