The dawn of a new game...VBS1

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently can you be any British units at all, even SAS?

If I'm not mistaken very shortly BAS (Ballistic Addon Studio, was one of the largest and one of the more "succesful" addon groups in Operation Flashpoint, or some such) are going to release a SF pack, now if its what i'm thinking it is, it'll have 22nd SAS in it.... if not it'll be Tonali (some BAS island project, totally fictional) Special Forces.

Personally, i'm hoping its the first option, some 22nd SAS in VBS1 would be bloody marvelous/brilliant/great etc..... particulary when teamed up with US Army Delta and Australian SASR, some sort of Joint Task Force or whatever. (May have to work on a mission now using this idea.....)

There are three addons coming out this week

- BAS SF

- BAS Tonali SF

- BAS rebels/guerrillas

The BAS SF is a VBS representation of all the BAS team members and as such will include UK, German, Aussie and US SF units. This week the UK and German guys will be released, at a future date the US guys and then sometime later the rest. Off the top of my head there are 4 UK guys in the pack. They will all use the SF1 VBS weapons so no brit weapons at this stage.

BAS Tonali SF are the mercs (resistance - either friendly or OPFOR) - three variants desert, jungle, urban

BAS rebels/Guerrillas are OPFOR - three variants desert middle easterns, dark africans in grassland and lighter africans jungle.

Had quite the adventure this morning. After inserting 1Km from our target, we couldn't get a few AI off the chopper, so we took it upon ourselves to blow it up. After we blew up our ride, we headed toward an enemy camp. All was quiet until I gave the word to go loud. Then all hell broke loose. I got clipped a couple of times, and one of our sixty-gunners went down, but we did well. That is, until someone, who shall not be named, set the demo charges, then detonated them before we left camp. I think everyone died, and at least one soldier was killed when a flying UAZ was hurled into him.

:ph34r:

Had quite the adventure this morning.  After inserting 1Km from our target, we couldn't get a few AI off the chopper, so we took it upon ourselves to blow it up.  After we blew up our ride, we headed toward an enemy camp.  All was quiet until I gave the word to go loud.  Then all hell broke loose.  I got clipped a couple of times, and one of our sixty-gunners went down, but we did well.  That is, until someone, who shall not be named, set the demo charges, then detonated them before we left camp.  I think everyone died, and at least one soldier was killed when a flying UAZ was hurled into him.

Sounds quite interesting. Nothing quite like taking down your own helicopter :D

Had quite the adventure this morning.  After inserting 1Km from our target, we couldn't get a few AI off the chopper, so we took it upon ourselves to blow it up.  After we blew up our ride, we headed toward an enemy camp.  All was quiet until I gave the word to go loud.  Then all hell broke loose.  I got clipped a couple of times, and one of our sixty-gunners went down, but we did well.  That is, until someone, who shall not be named, set the demo charges, then detonated them before we left camp.  I think everyone died, and at least one soldier was killed when a flying UAZ was hurled into him.

Wonder who would do something that silly... :unsure::whistle:

LMAO... i was the only one left, and what is more strange, i only detonated 1 charge, someone else detonated the others and wont own up :angry:

Wonder who would do something that silly... :unsure::whistle:

LMAO... i was the only one left, and what is more strange, i only detonated 1 charge, someone else detonated the others and wont own up :angry:

So it was you, eh? The other charges were detonated by the mission scripting. When you blow up the ammo cache, there's a huge secondary explosion. Thank God you didn't blow both ammo piles. You'd have blown the entire desert sky-high. :rofl: Quite cool to see if you're not 15 meters from the ammo. :whistle:

Ha! Suckers!

I wouldn't mind seeing how far away you have to be to see it....

Klapped by a UAV? :rofl: Who was that?

Two hundred to three hundred meters is a good distance away to see the explosion. The mission itself is a sort of demo for my SEALs. If the guys like it, perhaps Viper would be kind enough to work out the bugs, and replace my units with VBS1 SF guys, so that others can play it. I suck at missions, MP missions especially.

How come I, a U.S. citizen can not buy this program?!?!?! Why is it available to the entire world except for the U.S. (ok and Canada too)?!?!? Is there some place I can purchase VBS1 from within the U.S. that perhaps I didn't notice from their site?

If this is some sort of super special highly classified training application made for the U.S. military, then what ###### thought, "Hey, don't let our own citizens and our quiet neighbors next door (Canada) get a hold of this bad boy. It would be best to make it available to everyone else who potentially hates our guts." :wall:

Ok, I'm just ranting and venting my anger out. But seriously, how can I purchase a copy of VBS1?

silent_op

How come I, a U.S. citizen can not buy this program?!?!?! Why is it available to the entire world except for the U.S. (ok and Canada too)?!?!? Is there some place I can purchase VBS1 from within the U.S. that perhaps I didn't notice from their site?

If this is some sort of super special highly classified training application made for the U.S. military, then what ###### thought, "Hey, don't let our own citizens and our quiet neighbors next door (Canada) get a hold of this bad boy. It would be best to make it available to everyone else who potentially hates our guts."  :wall:

Ok, I'm just ranting and venting my anger out. But seriously, how can I purchase a copy of VBS1?

silent_op

Read the whole thread then u'd realise indeed you can purchase from CT Corp. :rolleyes:

CT Corp

only one not available is the USMC 1 Pack (Which Apparently is being released god knows when). And the AAR and Observer tools.

As to previously non US Citizens not being able to use it well since it was not designed in the USA :o then why shouldn't rest of world have it. By rest of world I mean Australia, Europe, UK, NZ- gee aren't they big threats to the USA? :P

As to why CT Corp held it back go and ask them mate. :wall:

edit: It's a big thread don't have a big reaction at page 1 mate when u've got another 30 to go

Ok. I'm cheezemurda.

I Googled Virtual Battle Space to get some info on it and found this site.

I've just read through all 40+ pages and I really want to get my hands on this but....

The only thing I've read on here is you guys talking about ground combat.

Does VBS1 allow you to fly aircraft? And if so, is it "real" like a flight simulator.

Can you bomb targets etc?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Ok. I'm cheezemurda.

I Googled Virtual Battle Space to get some info on it and found this site.

I've just read through all 40+ pages and I really want to get my hands on this but....

The only thing I've read on here is you guys talking about ground combat.

Does VBS1 allow you to fly aircraft? And if so, is it "real" like a flight simulator.

Can you bomb targets etc?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Yes, you can fly. It's not really a flight sim, but VBS1 does handle flight well. There are a lot of cool things you can do, especially with some... upcoming releases.

Can you bomb targets?

You know, provide air support for troops on the ground?

If not I think it would be awesome for future releases.

Yes, you can bomb targets and provide air support. You can fly helicopter ATG missions if you want, or provide CAS with the A-10 if you want. The sky is the limit (no pun intended) with VBS1.

The mission itself is a sort of demo for my SEALs.  If the guys like it, perhaps Viper would be kind enough to work out the bugs, and replace my units with VBS1 SF guys, so that others can play it.  I suck at missions, MP missions especially.

Sure mate - no problems. I just finished my 9th and haven't started my 10th yet, so I'll have a look.

Send it my way ;)

The mission itself is a sort of demo for my SEALs.  If the guys like it, perhaps Viper would be kind enough to work out the bugs, and replace my units with VBS1 SF guys, so that others can play it.  I suck at missions, MP missions especially.

Sure mate - no problems. I just finished my 9th and haven't started my 10th yet, so I'll have a look.

Send it my way ;)

I'll do that. :)

Excellent, another Viper Mission, make sure to do both SP & MP? please?

@ Para did you get your VBS1 working correctly?

No, and it's really getting on my nerves. Everthing was just fine one day. The next, it's just not working. Add that to the list of things that are crap this week. :P I can't find the power cable for my guitar processor either, which mean I can't do any work in my studio. :wall:

scratch that - I found my power cable. No I have to find a few audio cables that aren't destroyed from repeated stage use. :ph34r:

Edited by Parabellum