The dawn of a new game...VBS1

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VBS1 was made to be so realistic that BIS wants us to have [OFP: DR].Except the military and the secret service.

All I got to rely on is good mods and addons.

Yeah [OFP: DR] will be good when it comes out. As to BIS, their Aussie Studio's BIA developed VBS1.

And VBS add on are all very well done.

Although we got addons in OFPR that look similar to yours(Only not with the edited engine although based off of OFP).

Like my new russian infantry

m10.jpg

Looks good there mate, Models in VBS1 are quite detailed as I'm sure any of the lads I know that uses them will tell you..

AI in VBS1 has been reworked as well.. ingnore what FAQ says on that one.

Indeed a great warstory Para! Was a pure work of art from your side surviving that long after the rest of us had been turned to fertiliser by stray bullets!

What you did forget to recount was the game after though...the squabble over who should drive the LRPV...the resulting mayhem when Gordo got in the driverseat and promptly left poor little Dek behind to fend for himself...a slightly on the tippsy side swede really making sure the tango's were well ventilated with the minimi :o=

Just a shame I had to quit halfway through the mission as it would of been a blast to see the worlds most un-organised SASR squad take on the airfield! :rofl:

Indeed a great warstory Para! Was a pure work of art from your side surviving that long after the rest of us had been turned to fertiliser by stray bullets!

What you did forget to recount was the game after though...the squabble over who should drive the LRPV...the resulting mayhem when Gordo got in the driverseat and promptly left poor little Dek behind to fend for himself...a slightly on the tippsy side swede really making sure the tango's were well ventilated with the minimi :o=

Just a shame I had to quit halfway through the mission as it would of been a blast to see the worlds most un-organised SASR squad take on the airfield! :rofl:

ROFL, that was hilarious. "Mate, you've left Heath." :rofl: We didn't make it too far after that. We were seriously low on ammo, and I got capped by a lucky fellow while I was lying on a hill sniping.

-----

Later on, I'll recount the ambush in the desert, when the BMP got everyone else, and I was left with just my M24. :)

What you did forget to recount was the game after though...the squabble over who should drive the LRPV...the resulting mayhem when Gordo got in the driverseat and promptly left poor little Dek behind to fend for himself...a slightly on the tippsy side swede really making sure the tango's were well ventilated with the minimi  :o=

Just a shame I had to quit halfway through the mission as it would of been a blast to see the worlds most un-organised SASR squad take on the airfield!  :rofl:

ROFL, that was hilarious. "Mate, you've left Heath." :rofl: We didn't make it too far after that. We were seriously low on ammo, and I got capped by a lucky fellow while I was lying on a hill sniping.

-----

Later on, I'll recount the ambush in the desert, when the BMP got everyone else, and I was left with just my M24. :)

@ Para- Ditto for Snow mate- we were suprised at how long you lasted- Russkies running everywhere away from you... :)

@ Warrie re M-24 will be good- did well there as well... and how bout Sniper Hunt?? :ph34r:

Aaah, the sniper hunt.

-----

Dekela and I are out on our own somewhere in the outback. Things don't look good from the start, as Dek can't get his digital map to work, so we can't see where we're going. We know that we need to get through a valley to our objective, and we decide to go around the valley, rather than through it. There's a sniper in the area, and in the valley is the last place I want to be.

Having a bit of trouble getting sorted out, we are. I've not been here before, and we're not sure of our bearings. I'll just crawl out here on this cliff to check things out. Nope, I don't see anything. Let's cross over this ridge and get away from the WHACK I take a round to the leg and down I go. I spin around, grumbling and muttering, looking for the sniper. I can't believe I've been hit. We've been outflanked while trying to outflank him. WHACK I'm down and out, but before all goes black, I hear another crack, and down goes Dek as well.

-----

0700, somewhere in the desert. Five man SASR team, tasked with taking out a supply convoy headed for an airfield. We get set up near a rock formation, which will provide excellent cover for us, and I take up overwatch with my M24, while our team leader plants explosives. We also plant some mines near us, in case we need to make a stand and have some heavy firepower at our command. All is set, and we're ready to go.

0705, here comes the convoy, 500m out over that ridge. They're getting close now, and I'm itching to light them up. BOOM! go the satchel charges, and it's on. One of the trucks isn't disabled, and the driver is trying to turn it around. Kerrack my M24 says, "I don't think so." Over the hill to the North, comes at least one BMP and an infantry squad, to reinforce the convoy we just blew up. My mates are out from behind the rocks, engaging the enemy when the BMP shows up. Confident that the mines will get the beast, we continue fighting. Bang. One down. Bang, bang. Two more down. rat-a-tat-tat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat - down goes one of my mates. Holy smokes, the BMP didn't hit any mines, and now we're in trouble. We're all smoked, and we know it.

One by one, my mates fall to the armored vehicle's big guns, while I dash around between rocks, taking shots at the approaching minions as I can. Then it happens. BOOOOOM the bloody BMP finally hit that AT mine we'd set up, and it's done with, but not before all my mates are down for the count. To make things worse, we've got an Mi-24 overhead now, circling me like some damned vulture, waiting for fresh meat.

I don't have time to worry about that bird, though. I've got enemy soldiers crawling all over the place like ants on a lump of sugar. They're coming as fast as I can shoot, but I'm fighting still. They may take me in a rush, but not before I send some of them to Hell.

It looks clear now, except for that damned chopper. It's a full 1.5Km to our evac locale, and I won't make it on foot, so I'll risk driving the LRPV as far as I can. 200 meters down, 1300 to go, and that bird is eyeing me hard. Tuck and roll, mate, and I'm off on foot, hard and fast. My heart's in my throat as I look for enemy fighters. Somewhere behind me, someone opens up on me with a PK. I thought I'd gotten them all, but I was wrong, and now I'm going to pay for it. If I can just get past this ridge, I'll be OK. Whack Holy smokes, that hurts! I'm going to die, and I know it. But I won't die running, I'm going to fight. I lay down behind a small sand berm, and try to get a fix on the guy shooting. There's so much lead coming in now, I can't see anything, and I never do get my sights on the shooter. The bell tolls for me, and it's time to be marching on now.

Edited by Parabellum

yeah bloody goro, tell's me to drive and then boots me to the curb and screams off :blink:

and a slightly tippsy swede hey, i was flat out staying upright on me chair. next time the puter is going on the floor, cause it's not as far to fall

para, keep the stories coming mate. looks like mike has some competition now.

gordo, good games tonight mate, atleast i got you back for the drive off incident

cheers......

More Pics from MP Action This Time Desert Ambush Mission- VBSer's will recognise it... :P

Snowfella opening up on Some OPFOR with MAG58 on LRPV

Jack and Snowfella Giving OPFOR HELL...

Convoy Inbound- BMP and Three Urals..

Convoy gets closer- ... and a surpirse awaits...

Ambush....Complete

@Para great models mate..awaiting .50...

Well I go away for Two weeks...and look what happens!!!!

Damnation! That is sweet. (Nice models Para!)

I'm moving into some new Digs, and so my BB is off, to be back on in September... so save me a spot lads!!! I can't wait to fire it up with me mates!!!!!

*turns an ugly shade of green (with envy)*

Ahh well, time read all the posts I missed.

Cheers,