The dawn of a new game...VBS1

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL You have to watch for those baddies. OFP AI likes to wait until you run by, then shoot you in the butt. :P

Me and Snow just had a long session of hunting down armour and infantry- he might be able to post one or two pics....was a lot of fun.

And yeah the AI is quite nasty at times.

Great game tonight with you and the boys Gordo - thanks! Especially that last mission.

I'll have to have words with Rust though - the little blighter ran me over with the truck :wacko: Damn near killed me - I had to crawl to the Hospital tent :blink:

It's so much more fun with a human squad - let's do it again soon :yes:

Great game tonight with you and the boys Gordo - thanks! Especially that last mission.

I'll have to have words with Rust though - the little blighter ran me over with the truck :wacko: Damn near killed me - I had to crawl to the Hospital tent :blink:

It's so much more fun with a human squad - let's do it again soon :yes:

@ Jack and Dugite- I took pics lads. When I figure how to upload hrem I'll post them up.

And Yeah last mission was a lot of fun Jack Last men standing. Shame we didn't have any sea gull air support.

Re Rust:- Oh and I took Photo of you crawlign to Hospitla tent Jack.

And for sure I'm up for another game....AI layers don't have the same dynamics or humour.

VBS1 buddies - check your mail.

Another mission awaits you.

BTW - I missed a MP game coz I didn't check my mail :wall: whens the next one????

@ Aus Got Mission Mate- will test later today- time to convert some to MP? So we can test online?

And Next online session one we'll have to organise- generally if you wnat a quick game and I'm on let me know and we might have to set up some times etc or organise a day in advance when most of us can get online.

@ Dugite Yeah ######- didn't haveto worry so much about Peq-2.But you missed out on a lot of fun mate.

@Slink:- 1000m+ odd fluke- have to really lead target- but last night we where killig OPFOR with M-4's between 50m to over 400-500M away and most of those on move....

Talk to each other....

Were those long-range kills stationary? I can't see anyone hitting a moving man at that range....

The longest kill I've had on a moving target was about 700 meters. I like to let the baddies get in close, though, especially at night. It's fun to let them get within about 50 meters, and then order my squad to open up on them. It's like the 4th of July!

:angry: You know my trademark piloting skills Gordo, If it was me it'd be upsidedown, :lol:

Nah mate... sure you've improved mate.

Heard a lot of anxious chatter when the helo was coming over that Mountain ridge...

@ Dekela... Yeah work is a pain esp when it stops you from playing VBS.

Edit:- Took some More Screenies- resolution is effected by photo Bucket and the Screen shots knock a lot of detail out of the pics:-

SASR Trooper after Hunting Down Some OPFOR- Note NVG's.

Passing Camels in Desert- Vipers Border Crossing Mission

Camels and LRPV

Watching Sun slowly come up

Toasting Shilka

Enemy Convoy before Satchel Charges went off...

Edited by Gordo_Viper

@ Gordo_Viper: LOL about the RPG incident! I would have loved to have seen your face.

@ all others: The RPG incident was very funny. Gordo and I were on the airfield, preparing to tuck a T-72 in for the night, and decided on simultaneous RPG launches. So, we both got lined up, ready, WOOSH! ... Nothing. Both RPGs missed. I load another RPG. WOOSH! ... Hmm, tank is still there. We then ran over to get some more RPGs, and attempted yet another dual RPG launch. WOOSH! WOOSH! ... Only one bang. "Gordo, where'd your RPG go?" ... "I think I missed, mate."

Out of the five RPGs we fired, only one connected.

:rofl:

For those who haven't yet gotten VBS1, I urge you to consider getting it. Playing online with Gordo was the best MP experience I've ever had. VBS1 runs so much smoother than Ghost Recon, and it's unimaginably cool to cover three or four Km just to get to your objective. Seeing the sun go down and the sky cloud up is also very, very cool. Best game I ever even thought about buying.

@ Gordo_Viper:  LOL about the RPG incident!  I would have loved to have seen your face.

@ all others:  The RPG incident was very funny.  Gordo and I were on the airfield, preparing to tuck a T-72 in for the night, and decided on simultaneous RPG launches.  So, we both got lined up, ready, WOOSH!  ...  Nothing.  Both RPGs missed.  I load another RPG.  WOOSH! ... Hmm, tank is still there.  We then ran over to get some more RPGs, and attempted yet another dual RPG launch.  WOOSH!  WOOSH!  ...  Only one bang.  "Gordo, where'd your RPG go?" ... "I think I missed, mate."

Out of the five RPGs we fired, only one connected.

:rofl:

Couldn't Stop laughing Para :rofl: - you'd have expected one of us to hit esp at that range- esp considering we had earlier made hits at double the range and while under pressure :huh:

Thank god for The RPG rounds those OPFOR Infantry we had slotted had some RPG's spare... Note- Second shot we had at tank we made sure we had ample RPG's just in case :whistle:

Those Elcan sights on the M4A5 really allow precise shooting at long ranges- Between Para and I we made Kills at anywhere between 80 to 500M+

Edited by Gordo_Viper

Looks like I'm missing all the fun too! :wall: Having to get up at the crack of dawn (acctually before the sun is even up! :yawn: ) to get to work sure doesn't promote long nites playing. Oh well, I'll be in it some day! :o=

And it sure does run smoothly indeed Para, I was suprised how well it ran using my old K56 connection, although we were only 2 playing then...be interesting to see how it runs with more players.

I did some tweaking today. :) I found that by reducing the resolution to 800x600x32 and upping the refresh rate to 85Hz, I'm able to set the view distance to over 2000m, and still get get 20 - 50 FPS. :) It's just breathtaking to be driving around the desert, and see mountains in the distance.

I'd just like to thank Gordo for blowing me a new hole in the back of my head with a Javelin.....

Thats the last time I try and scout ahead to place satchel charges for enemy units....

Sorry about that was targeting tank not your head...not sure how i got two confused..