The dawn of a new game...VBS1

@ gordo, that must have taken you all day to type that mate :P

and in all honesty, if you buy core VBS1, then you may as well get the available add-on's, as most if not all user created mission's use some or all of them

cheers......

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ gordo, that must have taken you all day to type that mate :P

and in all honesty, if you buy core VBS1, then you may as well get the available add-on's, as most if not all user created mission's use some or all of them

cheers......

Yeah I must agree, get at least one Terrain Pack and A Unit add on like USMC/ ADF or US SF etc if you want to get some variety and missions. As Dekela and Viper stated a lot of these mission out there use the vast majority of add ons. I've seen one mission that just uses the core program...

The more adds you have the more units, maps and scenarios you can develop and participate in. Obviously cash comes into it, but by looks of things GR 2 will be $90 dollars of well ....... .

If you don't have money hold out for [OFP: DR] whenever that is...

@ Viper Looking forward to next mission.... hopefully Mike's friend will live long enough for another warrie....

...yeah... not too many good missions for him to play yet... *wink wink nudge nudge*. He's also had his bum handed to him on more than one occasion...perhaps I'll post one of them....

Check your e-mail... your friend has some more misisons ready to appraise...

@ Viper Looking forward to next mission.... hopefully Mike's friend will live long enough for another warrie....

Next installment of kick ass fun is in the mail.

This time you need armoured skills, so dust off the 1st Armoured Regiment's handbook :P

I expect a warrie by mike within the next 48 hours, otherwise I'm giving up scripting :)

I bloody knew I should of picked my last CO's brain more about armoured tactics! :wall: Here we have a poor ex infantry logistics sarge all of a sudden tossed into armoured conflicts, and he's having his rear end handed to him on a silver platter every time! :wall:

Damn you Viper!....damn you! :nono:

;):P

Nah....finally made it through by going hardball with the M1 :rocky: Although I have to say the Swedish army probably where smart never letting me near anything with tracks. In all the commotion a poor little ADF Medic, probably running for cover, ended up roadkill under my tank! :blink::whistle:

.....bloody vipers....bloody tanks.....bloody hell... <_<

*dusts off manual....restarts mission......again....sigh*

:rofl::rofl:

its probably good the game dont work, cos id probably need anger managemnet!!

.....bloody vipers....bloody tanks.....bloody hell... <_<

*dusts off manual....restarts mission......again....sigh*

@ Snow and Mike:- so another "easy" Mission from Viper? Had a few days off, must chck this mission out and I guess by looks of things have ###### handed to me.

Edit:- Update- As Suspected another cracker from Viper. Excellent work again, looking forward to next one and will def give it another go- and got through ok-last engagement was a bit hairy- but came out ok...

makes a big difference with my system- have vis over 2000m+.... good for those long rnage armour Kills and Long rnage Sniping.

Edited by Gordo_Viper

makes a big difference with my system- have vis over 2000m+.... good for those long rnage armour Kills and Long rnage Sniping.

I'll have to keep that in mind for the next one. My old coal driven mechanical PC sees only about 800 - 100m.

I guess I have to make the missions harder now :devil:

Let's all thank Gordo for that :thumbsup:

I'll have to keep that in mind for the next one. My old coal driven mechanical PC sees only about 800 - 100m.

I guess I have to make the missions harder now :devil:

Let's all thank Gordo for that :thumbsup:

Harder? :blink:

What Have I done? :wall: Sorry Lads....

Yeah having the view up to 2000M= makes a big difference. Made it a bit harder on the poor OPFOR Infantry- I could sit outside RPG range and hit them with HEAT Rounds.

I wish I could run my system with a 2000 meter view distance.  I can barely muster 800m.

Certainly makes a differnce using Attack helos'/ armour or using Sniper systems mate. I've made some Sniper kills in VBS1 at well over 1000m.

The longest sniper shot I've ever managed was 1800 meters, but that was in OFP, on desert island. I'm good out to about 1500 meters with my M82, if I can see that far. :P

I wish I could run my system with a 2000 meter view distance.  I can barely muster 800m.

Certainly makes a differnce using Attack helos'/ armour or using Sniper systems mate. I've made some Sniper kills in VBS1 at well over 1000m.

The longest sniper shot I've ever managed was 1800 meters, but that was in OFP, on desert island. I'm good out to about 1500 meters with my M82, if I can see that far. :P

Sounds good, view distance does knock back your ability to engage targets at longer ranges-before I got my upgrade- I was looking out to 900m on average... not the best system out right now- but it works very well.

Edit:- Unless I get ambushed by Two OPFOR hiding in bushes- just ask Snowfella... :(

Edited by Gordo_Viper