A petition would be brilliant because...

...it would show them conclusively that there are only about 137 guys (half of which still live at home and don't have loads of $) who really are miffed about this, and that therefore they aren't losing much. Great market research for RSE guys! You will seal the deal on the console game for sure by doing that!

My recomendation would be to completely forego any kind of electronic petition, or written one, they carry no weight whatsoever. Letters are completely different and might be taken into consideration. I am real close to writing a letter myself.

Here's my letter - Great! I want it! Who wants the kind of hard core sim some of you were expecting, crawling for 20 minutes to take 1 shot, calculating windage and bullet velocity and drop in order to snipe. Forget it.

Let's face it, GR was never a tactical squad game because the AI was too crappy, you always had to take control aof a man or a team to get the job done. I like what I see, I don't have to play the way the demo was run, and it looks like this game will be great modded with weapons and missions.

If you don't think tactics were that important for GR you play the game wrong. Yes some missions you just run in there and kill everyone. But with the new missions made from modders and stuff missions took on a playing style where tactics could be used effectively.

Who wants the same kind of game that has been done two and half million times. The only thing that changes are graphics. And that only last so long. Ghost Recon had a millitary edge to it that no other game can compare. The style of gameplay lead itself to a stealth game where you had to think before you acted. With the new seemingly style of go in like Rambo and kill everything that moves just doesn't work for a lot of people. It just seems that GR2 is moving away from the thinking mans shooter to the 13 year old's run and gun kill everything that moves.

...it would show them conclusively that there are only about 137 guys (half of which still live at home and don't have loads of $) who really are miffed about this, and that therefore they aren't losing much. Great market research for RSE guys! You will seal the deal on the console game for sure by doing that!

My recomendation would be to completely forego any kind of electronic petition, or written one, they carry no weight whatsoever. Letters are completely different and might be taken into consideration. I am real close to writing a letter myself.

have to disagree with you on that, I know for a fact that one developer has made changes to a game from a petition at the site I posted yesterday http://www.petitiononline.com

true that may have been an exception and most developers wouldnt give it 2nd thought but it is a possibility and shows mass concern over a certain topic in question.

But I will agree with you that their will likely not be enough signatures to make a difference (like you said: 137) :rofl: So just wait and see what they are serving up closer to launch and then you'll really know if you have something to complain about. After all, 30% left in development and alot will be changed anyways from what was shown at E3

have to disagree with you on that, I know for a fact that one developer has made changes to a game from a petition at the site I posted yesterday http://www.petitiononline.com

OPEN a petition and for sure you'll receive over 300 sign from Italy

Unfortunately, I'm not worried about what becomes of the PC version of the game when it launches because I cannot play games on my PC. I gave the link in the other thread and here so those most worried about things can possibly make something happen.

300 from Italy would be a decent start but I figure your going to need several more thousand to catch anyones eye at UBI/RSE and I doubt there are enough on all the GR forums combined to equal that many. Of course it's worth a try though and anyone can create the petition and its free

Here's my letter - Great! I want it! Who wants the kind of hard core sim some of you were expecting, crawling for 20 minutes to take 1 shot, calculating windage and bullet velocity and drop in order to snipe. Forget it.

Let's face it, GR was never a tactical squad game because the AI was too crappy, you always had to take control aof a man or a team to get the job done. I like what I see, I don't have to play the way the demo was run, and it looks like this game will be great modded with weapons and missions.

Crappy AI... that`s because you dont know how to use it.

OPEN a petition and for sure you'll receive over 300 sign from Italy

Me, Havok and all our other Canadian buddies (where are you DS22?) would sign it, but hey, before we were siging one to get GR2, sow were signing one to in a way, get rid of it... :huh:

how ironic.... :stupid:

...it would show them conclusively that there are only about 137 guys (half of which still live at home and don't have loads of $) who really are miffed about this, and that therefore they aren't losing much.

Thats the best one Ive heard so far. I'm number 138 though, but Im an old guy who is a miser when it comes to spending money on new games.

...it would show them conclusively that there are only about 137 guys (half of which still live at home and don't have loads of $) who really are miffed about this, and that therefore they aren't losing much.

Thats the best one Ive heard so far. I'm number 138 though, but Im an old guy who is a miser when it comes to spending money on new games.

Eh, what about me. I have to keep my bills paid (some of which goes to tools that I don't have anymore because someone liked them more than I did I guess, I hate thieves) and food in my stomache. My few gaming dollars are spent wisely. BTW, I would be 139 if GR2 for the PC shows that is stinks.

Eh, what about me. I have to keep my bills paid (some of which goes to tools that I don't have anymore because someone liked them more than I did I guess, I hate thieves) and food in my stomache. My few gaming dollars are spent wisely. BTW, I would be 139 if GR2 for the PC shows that is stinks.

I see.

Number 140 here.

Patriot out. :ph34r:

Umm, I live in my own house, pay my own bills and wipe my own ###### too if that's so amazing to hear.

But even if I weren't, kids are a Billion £ a year industry. All that pocket money adds up to a lot of money...and a very large proportion of that will go to PC games and the like.

Be it a kid who lives at home, or like me, someone who owns their own house, our opinion counts.

Number 141 here then.

My point was that voluntarily revealing just how small we are would be counterproductive to convincing RSE they should continue to be loyal to us for financial reasons. It's like when the idiot runs his mouth he lets everyone know just how dumb he is...or when you set up a defensive perimiter and test fire the 240....you let the enemy see your tracer fire/muzzle flash then they pay you a midnight visit....all I'm saying is that between now and when it goes gold, descretion is the better part of valor.

The 137 number was just a number. In entertainment, money talks, loyalty walks. Nnot my rule, but it is the rule nonetheless. So, you can "rally round the flag" and "count me in" and "ra ra ra" all you want, but you won't change basic market forces that will dictate what this game will be. You can re-shape the game between now and gold, but showing RSE there are only a handful of us is NOT the way to do it.

It's like when the idiot runs his mouth he lets everyone know just how dumb he is.

:stupid::whistle:

It was a figure of speech - and you don't know me well enough to call me stupid or an idiot.

Edited by Tortfeaser

Guys, you're totally missing the point. If you actually listened to Tortfeaser instead of slagging him off, you might learn a thing or two.

Tort has brought up the essential point of all of this - a petition doesn't show how big your group is, it shows how small you are. Whilst on the other hand, properly written (might be a challenge for a lot of this forum's members ;)) letters aren't supposed to show the number of potential consumers who are displeased with/won't buy the product - it shows that some people actually care.

If I agreed with your cause, I sure as hell would go along with Tortfeaser. :yes:

Im thinking you all our taking advantage of this..your gunna do a petition and there gunna get mad and end the whole thing..then we really wont have a gr2..then your gunna have to do a petitiion to start it back up..i mean come on :wall:

The 137 number was just a number.  In entertainment, money talks, loyalty walks.  Nnot my rule, but it is the rule nonetheless.  So, you can "rally round the flag" and "count me in" and "ra ra ra" all you want, but you won't change basic market forces that will dictate what this game will be. 

So why are You then getting so excited about it?

A little sense of humor wouldn't make You any harm...

It is obvious that there will be no petition regardless of possibility that petition could be or couldn't be successful.

Personally I don't care how many votes petition would get if the reason for starting petition is a good one.

The point is to be heard and by not expressing yourself or sending letter to UBI nobody going to be heard.

Patriot

To put some force behind the movement, I just threatened to send Greg Stelnack the collected speeches of Hilary Clinton...on tape....videotape...."shudders" ...heed us or feel our wrath.... :devil: