Ghost Recon.net Forums

Videos - What did you guys think?

www.ghostrecon-2.com theres new videos up...

I seen a helicopter fly threw a pole.

Charcters stand in the open and not get shot.

AI dumb as rocks....

And a man get shot fall in pain and scream... medic comes over and does

somthing he gets up fine in 3 seconds.

A 3rdperson view (i dont care what ubi calls it)

im scared u guys...

but graphics look good considering thoes videos were on xbox i could only imagine a PC. People talk sort of ...wonder multiplayer is like .... gameplay looks good... the physics look good 2. shooting the cans there

On a side note... when the one video starts ubi says bugs u see will be fixed... so =)

Edited by Prozac360
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a copy of what I posted to the ghostrecon.com official forums site.....

I totally concur. And to make it worse they said that gr2's engine is in fact the gr1 engine with some updates.

So when they say its a brand new 3d engine they are LYING.

My gosh! Does red storm even want to even compete with the new stuff thats out there? Have they been living in a freakin cave for the past 3 years?

STALKER shadows of chernobyl, HalfLife2, Doom3, F.E.A.R, Far cry for heavens sake!.. everyone is doing incredible new 3d engines. Who do they have working for them....mentally challenged monkeys?

Here comes the short bus my darling little monkeys....have a good day at school now!

Here is the link to the thread:

GR2 official forums 'gamespot has a dev interview' thread

Edited by Stalker_Zero

Hmmm... the official website doesn't show anything vaguely resembling video clips for me :( I get the usual "teaser" thing with the airstrike, and a link to the forum. Where are you guys finding the clips?

The links to the E3 trailer and Demo video are below the links to the "Enlist Link" and the forum link.

Not for me... I think I must be getting an "old" version of the page. Clicking Refresh results in an instant "Done"... but very blank webpage.

Hmmmmmm.

First impression:

Dull and uninspired.

That may change (I hope it does) but on that evidence...GR franchise is simply being repackaged and remarketed for the hungry but dim console market.

Looks like the phrase Tac-Sim might be thrown in the dustbin as far as RSE are concerned if this looks like what I think it does.

Sorry...but after a viewing of the 600Mb HL2 presentation of the new Valve developed engine, and with the likes of Novalogic's Joint Ops really starting to come to the boil in terms of tactical warfare gaming, GR2 might be a gross abuse of what UBI already know is a valuable game franchise brand.

ie. put out a turkey that new console gamers (ie shootemup loving kids) will love and one that will also sell by the truck load to 'the old GR guard'.

I hope I'm wrong - but I think it will take a run thru a demo to get me excited about this after all the waiting and hype....after viewing that.

Let's hope all of the above chat will be blown out the water with an excellent PC port....but as a marketing man myself...I find it too easy to be cynical about this and reckon the topline profit on UBI's '04/05 fiscal report is the only issue on the agenda here.

Prove me wrong RSE. Please.

Hmmmmmm.

First impression:

Dull and uninspired.

That may change (I hope it does) but on that evidence...GR franchise is simply being repackaged and remarketed for the hungry but dim console market.

Looks like the phrase Tac-Sim might be thrown in the dustbin as far as RSE are concerned if this looks like what I think it does.

Sorry...but after a viewing of the 600Mb HL2 presentation of the new Valve developed engine, and with the likes of Novalogic's Joint Ops really starting to come to the boil in terms of tactical warfare gaming, GR2 might be a gross abuse of what UBI already know is a valuable game franchise brand.

ie. put out a turkey that new console gamers (ie shootemup loving kids) will love and one that will also sell by the truck load to 'the old GR guard'.

I hope I'm wrong - but I think it will take a run thru a demo to get me excited about this after all the waiting and hype....after viewing that.

Let's hope all of the above chat will be blown out the water with an excellent PC port....but as a marketing man myself...I find it too easy to be cynical about this and reckon the topline profit on UBI's '04/05 fiscal report is the only issue on the agenda here.

Prove me wrong RSE. Please.

Agree with everything you said. At this point if I had to decide right now I will NOT be buying it...

I seen a helicopter fly threw a pole.

Charcters stand in the open and not get shot.

AI dumb as rocks....

You'll also have seen the "bugs will be fixed" disclaimer at the start of the video then eh? Remember it's only at 70% completion, 30% is quite a way to go.

:huh: - ummm this has completely confused me ... not sure if what im looking at is actualy realy good or total crap!?

Demo will be the main thing. This does look quite buzz to play although I cant help feeling its a console cheese-up. 3rd person is sht though ... hope pc wont be this arcadey.

Just saw heli get shot down .... ummmm .... im lost wth this I have to be honest.

^^ What everyone else said.

It looks way too arcadey, obviously ubi has given in to the console gamers. Who put GR on the map,and indeed RSE?The PC market did,now we're being thrown aside it seems. The general interface looks like its being tuned for the console.

I really hope a lot of it is down to bugs and the fact its still in development but how long did the enmies take to react?!and they couldnt hit a barn door if they tried. RSE please dont let me down....

...hmmm seems like the GR1 enginwe alright with some minor mods,,,,as others have already commented. The trailer has some impresive footage & at first I thought I was looking at the game....but thereagain...I realised it wasnt so.

The actual in game footage....didnt show many aspectswhich "us" the "GR fans" had been looking for in GR2. ...LOSE those damn bullet/strafe lines...nothing quite like telling you were the enemy is than a line pointing straight to them. Id rather have not seen them & wonder where the ###### that killing shot came from.

Interactive vehicles??? Didnt see any...thank christ. At least we have destructible environments, although they are probably only scripted areas???

I just hope that there is much more work to be finalized as Rocky has already stated above....before they release the official demo version.

...at the end of the day...the proof will be in the pudding...& the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement. <I hope RSE heard that>. Lets see what the demo offers ;)

I liked it! I think it adds more depth to the gameplay and it shows more action. Grenades seem to be more usefull, more control over your team. With the new view it seems like it will be easier to avoid getting shot in the foot and dying because you will know that someone is out there shooting at you. I trust Ubi. They know what they're doing as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by jammo

I'm undecided.

It looks like "shoot 'em to hell" bang-bang type action there. Sorta like Delta Force, so it looks fun.

But...

Ghost RECON was about being silent and deadly.

The look and sound looks very GR but the game play is just too "run n' gun" for me!!

I don't know.

:wacko:

These things were seen from the video:

- More interactive environment, at least some cans got shot down, on the other hand I saw grenades exploding right beside boxes in the hangar without the cargo boxes being bruised.

- Destructible environment.

- No more intelligent chatter from the Ghosts yet, those times where someone gave directions about danger it seemed scripted. Seems just as dull and unintelligent as before.

- 3rd persion view...

- A bit better graphics from GR, but the video were so poor, that it was hard to get any details. Especially it didn't seem as impressive as other current games.

- Bullet streaks, they tell us where enemy is...

- Instant AT, no properly firing rockets there, as in GR. Probably bug to be fixed.

- No command map! Didn't see any in use there.

- Better kit layout. The main char in that video had: assault rifle, sidearm, AT and grenades. At least a big improvement from today.

- Better camera control in cut scenes. Check pan and tilt at the end of the long video.

What we couldn't see from the video:

- Intelligence of AIs, at least they didn't many 1 shots 1 kill things, and they seemed totally scripted, especially in the hangar were one AI guy hid behind the box staring one way not noticing the ghost comming from behind.

- Scripting vs AI in missions, most of what we saw could be, and probably were, scripted.

- The true graphics of the game

- The extent of destructible terrain and buildings

- The extent of interactivity with the surroundings

The video was obviously sub-par quality and from an X-Box release. Some people in this thread is afraid UBI/RSE is turning GR2 into a console game. They probably are, look at the numbers, there are a lot of people buying console games, on the PC the numbers aren't that good, and never were. Consoles are, unfortunately, where the money is at.

When the demo is out and I will be making a buy decision, I will be looking for those things I like in current GR: 1st person view, tactical work and real co-op missions. If one of those three isn't there, I'll certainly look otherplaces. I cross my fingers that the PC version will be closer to GR, though.

Was edited to make some of my points clearer.

Edited by spdyvkng

Umm.... :unsure: ....well I'm not impressed like I thought I would be.

The 3rd person view will give an advantage to you in MP if from what I was seeing will be in the full version. This = NOT GOOD. And besides, it makes my eyes feel wierd everytime the game zooms in on the scope!

Left me feeling pretty bored. :(