GR2 - 1st PC screenies

For those, who have not read yet, this old news:

http://www.ghostrecon.com/news.php?param=defaultgrjs&id=6895

Ghost Recon 2 will continue the tradition of intensity and realism associated with Ubisoft's Tom Clancy brand, with an emotionally charged storyline, a completely redesigned graphics engine and the most intuitive gameplay to date, to fully immerse gamers into the chaos of a high tech war. The game will ............

Seems that they aren't using the unreal-engine, but as you said on MSN - the hands of the chr's.....weird, that!

Hope we lead more then 4 guys... <_<

SP would be crap if they did that IMO.

Yep, I hope its only in Xbox version. Maybe its hard to control many men in Xbox, but really hope we get a whole squad in PC version. I dont like the idea to control only 4 people and waste a whole army with them.

Edited by Hostile Person

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Tom+Clancy’s+G...Recon™+2+PC.htm

Them screeenshots are in the PC section not the xbox

"New Graphic and Physics Technology: Real-life East Asian environments are rendered in stunning detail. Plus, Tom Clancy's Ghost Reconä 2 features next-generation technology such as dynamic lighting, multi-texturing, and ragdoll physics. The Havok 2 physics engine also provides realistic effects for destructible objects, moving vehicles and spectacular special effects"

I dont think this game will disapoint in graphics department or physics lol

Looking at those screens made me think of one thing, and one thing only, gee, this doesnt look like gritty-in-the-dirt GR-style gameplay to me...what everengine they are using, in my opinion may not live up to GR1

note: I said may, not would.

also notice that there isn't much vegitation. Personally I would LOVE to see some DENSE jungle.

oo-oo looky! looky! they are using f-22's

gasp! is that napalm they are dropping!?

in the first screenie it looks like one of the guys is wearing kid gloves! :wacko:

Edited by osokdfgr

Looking at those screens made me think of one thing, and one thing only, gee, this doesnt look like gritty-in-the-dirt GR-style gameplay to me...what everengine they are using, in my opinion may not live up to GR1

note: I said may, not would.

also notice that there isn't much vegitation. Personally I would LOVE to see some DENSE jungle.

oo-oo looky! looky! they are using f-22's

gasp! is that napalm they are dropping!?

in the first screenie it looks like one of the guys is wearing kid gloves! :wacko:

nomex gloves - flame retardant plus they conceal better than paint or bare flesh, and keep the every day dirt and grime off your hands.

ok, but here is something that bothers me...if SF teams are calling in CAS, for instance, from an F22 or an AH-64, chances are that those aircraft would never get that close to the target that they are attacking. In otherwords, the SF team may never even see the aircraft that is putting weapons on target. Those F22s look like they are 100-200ft of the ground - something you might see more in Vietnam-era war - or maybe from an A10, but these days, with JDAMs and GPUs...an F22 could be as far as 100miles away when it drops the weapon.

All in all, though...it will be a cool thing to see in-game.

and I agree with sartillies that it would suck if we only were controling 4 characters.

i tend to think they show the aircraft so close because it would be any fun to look at if ya call for an air strike,wait however long it takes for it to get there,and just see the an explosion(well it'ld be realistic,but not fun to watch) so they actually show the choppers and planes for more eye candy,tho it'll add stuff to the screen and thus cause massive slow down on slower machines or even midrange. seems some of us(namely me) will be upgrading shortly after it's release,just my opinion tho

The screenshots are obviously xbox considering they are the same shots that have already been seen and posted around here from a magazine. They have the crap cartoon coloring common to console systems as well.

Edited by sleeper

4 screenshots only :sheep:;)

go here to wargamers http://www.wargamer.com/e3_2004/news.asp?nid=871

they got 10 ! :D

unfortunately the little write up blurb they have does not bode so well -

Ubisoft's next tactical shooter sequel will be Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2, the successor to its 2001 computer game and 2002 console title of the same name. Ghost Recon 2 will feature military squad tactical action, set in a fictional conflict behind Chinese and North Korean lines. As the leader of the "Ghosts", players lead this American military spec ops group on 20 single player missions in encompassed in vast outdoor terrains. The game's environment - built using Red Storm's proprietary 3D engine - has been further enhanced with more lifelike grass effects, detailed character skins, and new lighting and particle effects which will include shadow and explosion special effects. In an interesting twist, Ghost Recon 2 will be no longer be a first-person shooter, but instead an over-the-shoulder third-person shooter: it will be interesting to see if Ubisoft and Red Storm stick with that design decision given Red Storm's past work on the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon FPS series. In further moves to distance it from its more hardcore predecessor, Ghost Recon 2 will offer more console-oriented features such as enemy-displaying radars, healthpacks, and an easy load/save system.

Developed by Red Storm Entertainment, Ghost Recon 2 is scheduled for release this November on the PC, Xbox, Playstation 2, and GameCube. For more information on the game, including a streaming video of the E3 demonstration, visit the game's web site.

Look for more information on the game later in the show.

Edited by w()fare

- .:Nightmare:.,May 12 2004, 15:27 ] Still looks like the Unreal engine to me....

Hey Nightmare,

the software engineers of RSE definetely used the old GR engine, but improved it -- so or in other words said it developer Heather Chandler in an interview with www.gamespot.com

Take a look here for the video

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18353