Bach from Baghdad

Argyll

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back!!!! Are you a merc or something?

I'm a "security operator" providing Personal Security Duties.

Mercenary

adj 1: marked by materialism [syn: materialistic, worldly-minded] 2: used of soldiers hired by a foreign army [syn: mercenary(a), freelance(a)] 3: profit oriented; "a commercial book"; "preached a mercantile and militant patriotism"- John Buchan; "a mercenary enterprise"; "a moneymaking business" [syn: mercantile, moneymaking(a)] n : a person hired to fight for another country than their own [syn: soldier of fortune]

Contractor

\Con*tract"or\, n. [L.] One who contracts; one of the parties to a bargain; one who covenants to do anything for another; specifically, one who contracts to perform work on a rather large scale, at a certain price or rate, as in building houses or making a railroad

I take exception to the Merc crap,we are not Hired guns working for shady Governments ,we do not fight others wars,and we do not fight for other countries.

What we are are Personal Security Operators providing Close protection for our clients.....there is nothing sinister about what we do.The team I work with are low key,low profile and highly skilled,and highly proffesional in their business.

Welcome back!!!! Are you a merc or something?

I'm a "security operator" providing Personal Security Duties.

Mercenary

adj 1: marked by materialism [syn: materialistic, worldly-minded] 2: used of soldiers hired by a foreign army [syn: mercenary(a), freelance(a)] 3: profit oriented; "a commercial book"; "preached a mercantile and militant patriotism"- John Buchan; "a mercenary enterprise"; "a moneymaking business" [syn: mercantile, moneymaking(a)] n : a person hired to fight for another country than their own [syn: soldier of fortune]

Contractor

\Con*tract"or\, n. [L.] One who contracts; one of the parties to a bargain; one who covenants to do anything for another; specifically, one who contracts to perform work on a rather large scale, at a certain price or rate, as in building houses or making a railroad

I take exception to the Merc crap,we are not Hired guns working for shady Governments ,we do not fight others wars,and we do not fight for other countries.

What we are are Personal Security Operators providing Close protection for our clients.....there is nothing sinister about what we do.The team I work with are low key,low profile and highly skilled,and highly proffesional in their business.

Could you PM me some info about what you do. I'm training to be a Cop and I might would like to do this if being a Cop becomes too boring

WB Argyll, Glad you are home safe and sound! :thumbsup:

Forget about the Glock, that AK intererests me. Doesn't look like a standard AKMS in my eyes, looks to have a totally different gasblock and front sight, plus a shorter barrel. Looks almost like something from a Galil to me. Or it might just be my old eyes decieving me! :wacko:

Welcome back dude. Some guys are talking about the role of contractors in modern war over in another thread. As an insider, would you be able to shed some light on the debate?

Meantime I have a question about gear. You guys are using AKs and a lot of other teams I've seen have M4s and Mp5s, etc. Who chooses the weapons andd what criteria do you have? As an AK user what can you tell us about accuracy, reliability and so on?

WB Argyll, Glad you are home safe and sound! :thumbsup:

Forget about the Glock, that AK intererests me. Doesn't look like a standard AKMS in my eyes, looks to have a totally different gasblock and front sight, plus a shorter barrel. Looks almost like something from a Galil to me. Or it might just be my old eyes decieving me! :wacko:

There is a mix of Jordanian Scorpions(AK clone) and another AK variant,all folding stock versions.

The Jordanian ones are the more "orange hue" stocks and different gas ports.

the ones with the "D" shape folding stock I'm not sure their origins.

calum,

is your g17 mag a high cap?

i got 2 of them and when i fill them they jam,

do u think its the springs or the whole mag?

the next round wont chamber when i fill it all the way.

but putting like 10-15 rounds is fine.

nice shorty ak too :whistle:

:unsure: i dont know if i said that already

Could you PM me some info about what you do. I'm training to be a Cop and I might would like to do this if being a Cop becomes too boring

Notice the jobs that the contractors did before, pretty much all phyco military dudes. I dont think bein a cop is enough, but i may be wrong!!

WB Argyll, Glad you are home safe and sound!  :thumbsup:

Forget about the Glock, that AK intererests me. Doesn't look like a standard AKMS in my eyes, looks to have a totally different gasblock and front sight, plus a shorter barrel. Looks almost like something from a Galil to me. Or it might just be my old eyes decieving me!  :wacko:

There is a mix of Jordanian Scorpions(AK clone) and another AK variant,all folding stock versions.

The Jordanian ones are the more "orange hue" stocks and different gas ports.

Ahh okay, I saw one in one house I visited one time (though not on friendly terms), and was curious, because I never seen one of those before. So it's Jordanian? And it looks more like an AKSU than anything else, which at the time I thought it was, with some local modification, or variant that I haven't seen.

Might be Hungarian or Yugoslavian AK-47 copies. Both have underfolding stock, "D-shaped", as you pointed out. If it happens to be Yugo made, it's verry reliable weapon. Maybe one of the heavier AK-47 clones out there, but robust and reliable. (speaking from experiance)

Say, do you guys have a medic in your team? If you ever find your self looking for one with a combat experiance, gimme a call.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...