Ghost Recon.net Forums

Are you in a Band?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just wondering how many ghost recons lovers were in a band. This could be any band, like high school band college, marching, drumline, jazz band, pep band, or just a group of friends in a rock band.......any band just leave it here

I was in a band, metal band. We played shows in Santa Cruz, CA. The most popular band we opened for was called eighteen visions. We covered some Slayer songs but wrote most of our own stuff. We were called Punch Out.

I once (and only once) played guitar for a band. I can't play guitar and it wasn't plugged in. I was in the dirtest pair of overalls with the word LARD written on the back in masking tape, a safety hat (hard hat) and a pair of ear defenders.

I forget why...

I play a little of most everything except reeds, never did learn those. Played slide trombone for 10 years as my main instrument, senior year of high school I had all but 1 period bands and that 1 period was a study period that I spent in the band room :P It helped give me time to experiment with other things.

I've played on and off in bands, mainly guitar but some bass/keyboard/drums as needed. Being a mutli-instrument person has its benefits, I'd recommend anyone with a passion for music to branch out and try new things. Once you get basic theory down you'll find its not that hard to step into something new.

Also, to those with a real passion for music....

Whether you love only 1 type of music or not, I urge anyone with that passion to listen to and attempt to play multiple styles. It will help you mature in your playing and thinking and if your serious about playing semipro or pro then it will also create a diversity within you to enable you more options.

Poll added.

Long time ago, I messed around with the bass, but it was stolen (was a pawnshop bass anyway) and since I can't read music, I never went further than mess around with it.

have you ever tryed to read Tableture?(a.k.a tab) If your interested theres some sites i could give you that tell you how to read it.(its very easy)

Back to the topic..

i play guitar, but not very well. I"ve been asked to join a band but declined because i'd like to focus on getting more skills before joining a band.

have you ever tryed to read Tableture?(a.k.a tab)

I like the tablature that was in Guitar Player (IIRC that is the one) that was around back in the early 80s. Also if someone showed me, I could pick it up (Rush's Overture from 2112 is killer and one I learned), but since the bass was stolen I haven't worried about it.

have you ever tryed to read Tableture?(a.k.a tab)

I like the tablature that was in Guitar Player (IIRC that is the one) that was around back in the early 80s. Also if someone showed me, I could pick it up (Rush's Overture from 2112 is killer and one I learned), but since the bass was stolen I haven't worried about it.

Theres many great sites that can show you how to read tab. I can't read notes either so i just do tab. Its to bad that your bass got stolen. I don't know what i'd be doing without my music. :thumbsup:

I play a little of most everything except reeds, never did learn those. Played slide trombone for 10 years as my main instrument, senior year of high school I had all but 1 period bands and that 1 period was a study period that I spent in the band room :P It helped give me time to experiment with other things.

I've played on and off in bands, mainly guitar but some bass/keyboard/drums as needed. Being a mutli-instrument person has its benefits, I'd recommend anyone with a passion for music to branch out and try new things. Once you get basic theory down you'll find its not that hard to step into something new.

Also, to those with a real passion for music....

Whether you love only 1 type of music or not, I urge anyone with that passion to listen to and attempt to play multiple styles. It will help you mature in your playing and thinking and if your serious about playing semipro or pro then it will also create a diversity within you to enable you more options.

Dude that rocks.....Your right about the different styles all I play is PERCUSSION and(yes to all those brass, string, and woodwind players we are more than just monkeys with drumsticks) I'm always trying new ideas that alone. I love to play punk as well as rock, but other things like jazz and latin are cool too. Stuff that I think is ok is like death metal and techno.....The thing that I abosutely can not stand to listen to or play is rap...I can't stand it at all, there is just something about it that sets me off and I want to shoot the next rapped I see........but other than that everything is cool

Although my training was in classical piano, I mainly play guitar now, since it's more portable :thumbsup:

Learning piano was good as it gave me the fundamentals reading music, theory, etc. which made it easier to pick up other instruments. I mainly just play be ear now.

I've been in a few rock bands with friends since high school, and like DonMiguel I kinda filled in whatever instrument they were short: keyboards, drums, bass, rhythm guitar etc. We even wrote some of our own material and recorded a demo album, but that's as far as it got.

I played trombone too ... for 3 years in my Jr. High band :rocky:

Our recording was done on casette tape with one of those old 4-track recorders and a karaoke mic in my cousin's basement in the early 90's. Very low tech but it was a lot of fun at the time. :)

I've got a few like that myself, or worse, I remember a time we didn't have anything but 2 tape decks and had to continually swap tapes around, play the recording and play the new along with it to dub the new tape. Now THAT wasn't pretty. By the time we were done with a full song we'd of had to lower our tuning down 1/2-full step :P

Not really a 'band' in the conventional sense....but my own 1-man affair under the guise of '~ism' has 5 or 6 tracks to the name...none of em very good!

All can be found at my site...

Evident Side FX

Unfortunately it's IE only...won't work with Firefox (which is crap since I now use Firefox!!)

:whistle: