Norwegian forces anyone?

Hi all! Was wondering if there are any Norwegian skin/equipment mods out there, or if any of you great modders are planning to make one. (Yes, I'm Norwegian and no, I'm not a modder!)

There are so many great mods around, but they're mostly for US, British etc. I would really like an all out Norwegian forces mod with regards to kits and skins. I know we're only about 4.5 million people so why bother making one lol? But if anyone is up to it, plz lemme know

cheers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you are a new entry in this community so welcome! It's not specifically Norwegian but in Frostbite there are many Norwegian characters ;)

BTW I know what means to be from a Nation different than the usual UK and USA but this doesn't mean we are inferior :devil:

Hello, yes, check out Frostbite mod. Some nice norwegian skins there. Had to post here aswell as I'm also norwegian...nice to see some fellow norwegian gamers here...it's not very many of us. :D

The main guy behind Frostbite, Neutron, is also from Norway and (even though I've had a small part in that mod and not trying to sell our product) I have to say it really good. ;)

And I understand your point. I've felt the same so I made my own mod. :D

Thanks all! I have both Frostbite and BajaB's Sabre teams- both great mods and the main reason I got them was the Norwegian representation! Hopefully there will be a mod with all playable characters as Norwegian operatives. So much more fun to play with the uniforms and guns you're used to!

I have thought about it Giwex, but I know nothing about modding so it would take a lot of effort. Can you do modding using a single program? Or even better, is there a REALLY basic intro-to-modding document/post around somewhere?

Its should be quite easy to make an add on type mod for Frostbite using the Norwegian characters that are already included. Youll just need to know how to set up the characters and actor files(notepad and/or IGOR is all youll need) so that they are used instead of the ones that FB uses. It would be a small mod, all youd have to do is activate it with higher priority than and along with FB and it should work with little effort and trouble.

Thanks all! I have both Frostbite and BajaB's Sabre teams- both great mods and the main reason I got them was the Norwegian representation! Hopefully there will be a mod with all playable characters as Norwegian operatives. So much more fun to play with the uniforms and guns you're used to!

:thumbsup:

Its should be quite easy to make an add on type mod for Frostbite using the Norwegian characters that are already included. Youll just need to know how to set up the characters and actor files(notepad and/or IGOR is all youll need) so that they are used instead of the ones that FB uses. It would be a small mod, all youd have to do is activate it with higher priority than and along with FB and it should work with little effort and trouble.

This is a very good advice! :shifty:

Loke, since you are quite new here let me remind you one thing: it's not acceptable to use parts of other mods without permit to include your own mod. But if you make your mod having as requirement another mod activated than it's ok. Of course if you don't plan to redistribute it you can do whatever you like ;)

giwex/ sleeper- note taken! How can I set up the character/ actor files? I've opened Igor once just to have a look, so I'm kinda green here too but it would be fun to have a go.

Pingvinx- kult om du kunne faatt til en jeger-mod. Jeg ville ikke vaert (engelsk tastatur :) ) til stor hjelp, men si fra hvis det skjer noe!

I would really like to do a norwegian special forces mod.. Afterall, they are compared to the SAS, and its not without reason.. My problem is that I am only a skinner, I`m no modeler.. So if anybody wanna team up, and provide me with some cool models, we could have this out in no time..

that would be excellent! And yes they are very good, perhaps FSK in particular. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope some modellers show up pingvinx. Maybe I can find some. I'll get my people on it, haha.

My 2ndLt always claimed that the Swedes have somethnig called "vaktjagare" and was so bitter about it cos in norway we're only called "vaktsoldater" no matter what training. Wonder if this rings any bells for Wolfsong, seeing as he is airforce...

Hello guys... I can offcourse step up with some help in the mod as now we are talking norwegian here. I have primary knowledge to map and vehicle making and also some minor other stuff. I doubt I have time to consider this as a BIG project, but if we could get together and figure out some stuff, that would be great...if you guys are intrested offcourse.

//Tjenestegjort i forsvaret ved Panserbataljonen Stridsvogn Esk.2.

MSN: runartomte@hotmail.com

Jeg er som regel på TS2 på IP: 66.250.220.245, (Passord: 2cold) (AlphaSquad teamspeak) Vi kan fritt bruke denne teamspeak og egen kanal kan settes opp hvis det er behov.

Screenshots from current map project.

maybe we're getting somewhere. would be great. I'm not a modder or even remotely qualified to undertake something like this as my puter-knowledge is nil, but anything I can do I will do lol.

btw. var i AK V&S. Sjefen glemte aa sende KFOR soknadene vaare, saa jeg endte opp paa et universitet i england i stedet, hehe.

My missions has a norwegian touch as well. As they are made in central Norway :D

Yeah I really liked the norwegian element of Frostbite. Nice work.

Some signs on the walls where also in norwegian; or was it swedish?

Don't remember.

Chavez

Trondheim

Norway

ok.. As i sad before: I could do the skins.. Have some really nice norwegian textures Ive worked on for a while.. But a Norwegian Special Forces mod without norwegian weapons is not a very good mod? Any weapons-moders out there?