Wikid Photos

Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Check out his kit compared to the legs(both 101, and sure as hell is not my unit),

ARE they both 101st? The only 101 insignia I see is on the right sleeve of ONE of the two, indicating that he had been to combat with 101 (I feel so sorry for him). Since there's no LEFT sleeve clear in the picture, take a look instead at the helmets. So many units copycatted the mighty 3d Infantry Division (Mechanized) after the Iraq war started by putting their division's patch on the sides of their helmets. Can't quite tell which one it is though. 4ID, perhaps?

Since I'm taking a stab in the dark (since there's no picture), if it's looking like a "T" then it's an NG unit that I've seen with that stuff on. If it is 101st like Marcinko says, then the reason being, is that the 101st has every soldier in a Brigade sew a Brigade patch on the helmet cover. I saw a soldier on patrol in Baghdad on the Army website with that setup. Then again, 4ID has been doing that before the war. When I was stationed here before (Hood) they had it on as well.

Edited by EricJ

• 2 weeks later...

Although the 101st is pretty nicely armored, I'm not entirely sure these guys are with them. The one with the patch was defenately attached at some point, but like EricJ says, every brigade in the 101st sews a different patch on their helmet. If you see a spade, heart, or clover on a soldiers' kevlar, you know he's from the 101st.

These guys could be in any number of units. They could be SF, although I'm doubtful. Look how young the guy on the left looks. They could be some sort of LRRPS. I've seen those guys work in the city as well, and I've known lots of young soldiers with that job as well. Who knows what their jobs are. Cool pic though...

Oh, and before ya start raggin on the 101st, remember we were one of the few divisions that were considered a major success with northern Iraq under Petreaus.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

French Army trialling the FELIN program (French 'Land Warrior' program). Note the camo and flak vest etc being used. It begs the question, why does that guy need 2 scopes (one on top of the other at that) on that FAMAS?

FELIN-openphotonet_PICT6050.jpg

Phear their kiddies ski goggles.... :rofl:

It looks like the new camo pattern being tested there is to replace the French CE pattern and there's a new French desert 3-colour flecktarn pattern that has been seen in trials too, but I'm not so sure that one will be adopted to replace the Daguet desert pattern.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went to the NAS Oceana air show today and took a few pics.

gau2.jpg

bd.jpg

ft.jpg

2251.jpg

I have a few more too. I also got some video of the Raptor along with the Blue Angels and other aircraft. I have been dying to see the F-22 do it's flight demonstration, especially since they are made out my back door at home. The true irony is, they are awakening me again as they take off from Langely AFB here in VA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...