Wikid Photos

Dan

Hey WhiteKnight77 just to let you know that I got to ride along with the unit I'm training with in a CH-53 today, and no I didn't get cleaved or injured by the tail rotor. It was those kinds of days you wish you brought along the digital camera, but we should be able to fly in them again sometime later on, hopefully.

Edited by EricJ

H&K's in action:

416iraqladder.jpg

I'm inclinded to agree with Prozac, the guy close to the camera is SF. But that's just a guess.

Also, what gun is he using? Looks kinda like and SPR? i've got no idea. And what's that huge bulb thing on the far end of the barrel?

It's a tactical light (want to say SureFire, but not sure, and with an IR filter) mounted on the right side of the weapon :), least that's what I can discern.

It's a tactical light (want to say SureFire, but not sure, and with an IR filter) mounted on the right side of the weapon :), least that's what I can discern. HK 416 though, maybe, or a custom upper reciever.

:blink: lol, oops, ok. I see it now, just a tactical flashlight.

another silly question: what's the big deal with HK416s? Why are they so much better than an m4? I can't seem to find a straight answer? More power, more reliable, better to fire? Bear in mind i only know the very basics of guns.

Reliability is the main issue. I can argue to a point that the M4/M16 does have issues, but overall I had no major problems with it.

Eric12.jpg

Me looking "hi speed"

Helo ride in CH-53 (finally got some photos):

http://562.50megs.com/Eric/Helo.rar

Photos were taken at Stroup Field and Rockwell Hill.

Edited by EricJ

:blink: lol, oops, ok. I see it now, just a tactical flashlight.

another silly question: what's the big deal with HK416s? Why are they so much better than an m4? I can't seem to find a straight answer? More power, more reliable, better to fire? Bear in mind i only know the very basics of guns.

I don't know much about guns apart from shooting them, but I hear that the 416 reciever operates more like the G36 rifle. The good thing about that is that it even functions when it isn't clean. ;)link to info about the 416

Eric, 772 appears to be a reserve squadron (I started in HMM-774 which I know is a reserve squadron). As long as one listens to the guys in the white helmets, y'all will be OK. Never ###### off a crew chief, he can make life miserable for ya. ;)

Actually we don't have any problems at all, getting on and off, but still no problem :D