Wikid Photos

Dan

Yep, those brits did an excellent job...i wonder how long have they been tracking all the movements of these terrorists...

I work at Orio al Serio airport in italy... well, here we are all worried, a few for the troubels that we will have when loading aircrafts that fly to UK, ubt, most of all, we are scared of terrorism...i mean, they tried with aircrafts, they were stopped. And if they try at the check in? There are hundreds of people there, and no metal detector before the entrance... A terrible threat... And, now by now, there are no more soldiers patrolling the perimeter of Orio al Serio as last year...

In the pictures, the RAF Regiment deployed the Rapier. That's the anti-aircraft missile system in the pictures. They're soon to be disbanded. The guys in the photos belong to either 15, 16, 26 or 34 Sqn based in the UK. I know 26 just got back from Afghanistan.

The RAF only. The Royal Artillery are taking it on.

Is it just the Rapier Squadrons being disbanded? See, I'm planning on joining the RAF Regiment this year, but in a field squadron though. Was thinking of requesting to join the RAF Regiment guys permanently stationed in Northern Ireland on internal security duties.

One thing for sure, I will be signing up for service in the RAF next week or very soon after.

The HK416 is in use with US Army??? :huh:

Anyways, nice pics

;)

CC

Quote from Larry Vickers:

As this is being written I have learned that all the US Military's top special operations units in JSOC will be fielding the HK416 as their primary carbine. All the key Units in JSOC chose the HK416 in preference to the current M4 and the FN SCAR Light which is still in development for the rest of SOCOM. It is very satisfying to me that units that could field any carbine they want choose the HK416. This tells me we have done our job, and have done it well.

Edited by Moose

But the guys in the top pic are NOT SF. Rangers at best, but I somehow doubt even that. American for darned sure, though, as we're the only ones wearing whitish-grey in the yellow/brown sand over yonder....

Hehe, they don't look much like SF's, but maybe it's an disguise? ;)

And the fellows have American flags too (but on the other hand it could be the Liberian flag. hehe).

But the guys in the top pic are NOT SF. Rangers at best, but I somehow doubt even that. American for darned sure, though, as we're the only ones wearing whitish-grey in the yellow/brown sand over yonder....

The guy going over the fence looks to be with the 101st, based on the patch on his right arm. If so, then it stands to reason that the rest of the guys with him are also in the 101st, yes?

The HK416 is in use with US Army??? :huh:

Anyways, nice pics

;)

CC

Quote from Larry Vickers:

As this is being written I have learned that all the US Military's top special operations units in JSOC will be fielding the HK416 as their primary carbine. All the key Units in JSOC chose the HK416 in preference to the current M4 and the FN SCAR Light which is still in development for the rest of SOCOM. It is very satisfying to me that units that could field any carbine they want choose the HK416. This tells me we have done our job, and have done it well.

Wow, I didn't know that :)

Well, now we really need one for GR asap

:lol:

CC

uhm, pretty nice DPM...But, didn't she forget something?! LOL... It doesnt' hurt me of course, but i do not think that the Bikini camo can be so helpfull in a battlefield...or it is a new SF way of Phsicologic Warcraft or something as this? eheh

The guy going over the fence looks to be with the 101st, based on the patch on his right arm. If so, then it stands to reason that the rest of the guys with him are also in the 101st, yes?

Unless the photo was vert-flipped, then yes that's his right arm. The patch worn on the RIGHT arm/shoulder is a 'combat patch.' I forgot the proper term for it. It means the guy has served a previous combat tour with 101st AA. You'll notice such a patch is not visible on any of the other soldiers in the pic. It's what's on the LEFT shoulder that would tell us who they're with, and THAT isn't visible. Bummer. I'd really like to know who it was out in the world playing with cool new weapons...

I talked with my unit armorer this afternoon for a bit about that HK 416 and some other cool weapons (OC 14 or 16-some Russian bullpupped Kalashnikov, the AK-101, 102, 109). He's Russian, after all. What better source? He's been hearing some positive talk about it. And he's a Small Arms Repairer by MOS (the armorer thing is a PITA for him). Around Ft. Bragg, they hear things....

Is it just the Rapier Squadrons being disbanded? See, I'm planning on joining the RAF Regiment this year, but in a field squadron though. Was thinking of requesting to join the RAF Regiment guys permanently stationed in Northern Ireland on internal security duties.

3 Sqn then. They're currently in the sandpit.