Wikid Photos

Dan

Mk19 mounted on an SF Humvee. It fires allot faster than most realize.

Mk19.jpg

Here is a shot of a .50 cal and a set of Mk25 stabilized binos. Binos are shakey on distant targets. With these, you sight in and squeeze a pad on top and the image locks. You still view movement in real time, but the images are absolutely steady.

Mk25_Binos.jpg

No starlight. That is an AN/PAS13 Heavy. A thermal scope. In the desert, NVGs are okay, but the thermal is king. Rather than trying to hide our vehicles in a wadi like this:

Hide2.jpg

We would just put our 4 vehicles in a outward facing box - each vehicle on a cardinal direction - in a flat area on a rise with a view for 6-7 klicks. The thermal sees in black and white, not hollywood Predator color. You can choose either white hot or black hot and anything coming for miles you will see. Also visible in that shot with the .50 is an M240B and an AT4 mounted on the rear door. We were also packing Javelins to deal with bigger targets and structures. Here is one on the rear left of one of our 4 patrol Hummers.

Javelin.jpg

Hide2.jpg

wow, a sand hill with an antenna!! :P

That was just my typing - it's what happens when the 0 and 9 key are side by side. 240B.

Mongrels, they do that to me often!!

And sart, poms with rocket launcher is awsome. When you see it in a still, you wonder how the dude on the side with the headset can be so casual about it!

Uhoh, Gurkas, some one gunna get hurt!!

@Hatchet Force: Looks to me like you guys carried alot more firepower on those hummers than aussies did in the Perenties! You got that big f'off machine gun, the other one under it (im not good with gun names), with rocket launchers whacked on any spare piece of panelling! Aussies apeared to have a ring mounted machine gun behind the drivers, and maybe another LMG at the rear, plus what the guys could carry, what is your take on this???

Javelin.jpg

:rofl::rofl: Look how casual the driver is!! One hand on the wheel, the other close to his crotch, looks like how i drive to school! What speed did you guys do when you just cruise along the sealed roads like that? And are those cars auto or manual or somewhere in between (or is all of that tell you have to kill you info??)

EDIOT: that car isnt moving is it? damn im a tool!

don't know about the Aussies but the UK SAS use a modified (more fuel tanks etc) 4x4 landie and have one of m2hb, mk19 or a milan mounted on the back and a gimpy fixed infront of the commander's seat (front passanger) and in '91 they had stingers, law's etc where ever they could fit them

hatchet, is the supply truck a Unimog?

This is pretty cool I think...I did it myself when I was in the army and it's a bit scary when you are driving the tank into the river, and suddely you can't see anything and the water starts dripping down from the hatch... :thumbsup:

vade3.jpg

now away from that unpleasentness

Russian T-72 with missile "upgrade"

mbt.russian.tos1-t72.missile-upgrade.990811.jpg

F-18 Breakin the sound barrier

F18%20sound%20barrier.JPG

F-14 Breakin the sound barrier

f4-sw.jpg

"Sports Flyer" Breakin the sound barrier :P

soundbarrier4.jpg

And tell me what is wrong with this photo to win the Car, the lawn mower and the pool accessories!

bomb-lg.jpg

now away from that unpleasentness

Russian T-72 with missile "upgrade"

mbt.russian.tos1-t72.missile-upgrade.990811.jpg

F-18 Breakin the sound barrier

F18%20sound%20barrier.JPG

F-14 Breakin the sound barrier

f4-sw.jpg

"Sports Flyer" Breakin the sound barrier :P

soundbarrier4.jpg

And tell me what is wrong with this photo to win the Car, the lawn mower and the pool accessories!

bomb-lg.jpg

Be mighty scary to engage with that T72.

Thats a F/A-18 and F-4 breakin sound barrier.

The Civie flyer breakin the barrier looked kinda awkward, its all sideways and yeah.....

An American fighter (P47? P51?) in RAF markings?

:blink: errrrrr :blink:

in actual fact it is a large (wingspan of over a metre) scale model, dropping a bomb made of foam and balsa wood. But it looks real dont it :)

Yeah and i`m George Bush the father...

why would a SF guy post pictures on a forum full of kids and military enthusiasts i just don`t belive people posting on the internet when they say that they are SF,SWAT,airforce or in military units in combat.