Which NATO SF units do you like?

Chems

The French Foreign Legion has been around for a very long time, and is historially one of the nastiest combat units to enter on the planet, they command respect.

(just saw on the news, it was an ex F.F.L. soldier that killed the swedish (IIRC) prime minster last year)

Think someone else has things alittle mixed up with countries around here, no Swedish prime minister were killed last year. We did have our Minister of Foreign affairs (Anna Lindh) killed on Sep 11th 2003 though but the person who got caught for that and later even admitted to the killing has no links with the F.F.L. what so ever.

Info about Anna Lindh, her death and her assasin.

Only Swedish Prime minister to be killed in modern time is Olof Palme and that took place in Feb 28 1986. That assasination is yet to be solved though.

Info about Olof Palme and his assasination

As a matter of fact I can't find any clues to who the news could of been about but I'm darn sure whoever it is wasn't swedish! :P

Edit: could always be news about this assasination you saw on the news.

Zoran Djindjic, Prime minister of Serbia...killed March 12 2003

Article about the assasination, speculatively mentioning a former F.F.L. soldier

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES THATS THE ONE!!

Sorry Snow, i knew it stared with an S, so i thought swiss or swede, and i took a punt with swede, but i was no where near it.

Thanks for pointing out my stupidity!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

4:Polish Commando from Lublin

You mean 1st Special Commando Regiment from Lubliniec :)

Lublin is different polish city ;)

BTW Im new here, its my first post.Im from Poland of course ;) Regards all :)

Thanks for the correction mate :)

Where in Poland are you from? Warszawa, Krakow, Gdansk???

I've got friends in Wroclaw, Koszalin, and Szczecin.

Im from Częstochowa,well, im living few km of this city.Regards mate :)

Im from Częstochowa,well, im living few km of this city.Regards mate :)

I believe I've heard of this place.. This is where the 'Black Madonna' is, correct??

olczest.gif

Have you got ICQ, or any other messenging programs?

Well, if you ever get ICQ or even Gadu-Gadu, let me know ;)

GG-3600438

Regards mate :)

Now, for me to find the time to install and figure out how to use Gadu-Gadu.. (I don't speak Polish... well, I can say dziendobre, jak sie masz, etc..)

and of course: Gdzie jest piwo? Gdzie jest ladna panie?

GG-3600438

Now, for me to find the time to install and figure out how to use Gadu-Gadu.. (I don't speak Polish... well, I can say dziendobre, jak sie masz, etc..)

GG-3600438

Dzieńdobry :)

Gdzie sa Å‚adne panie? :D....good text man.

well, your polish is a little worst than my english(Im still learning)...

regards mate.

Nie rozomeum (spelling?) bardzo po Polsku..

But I do know the most useful question!!  :lol:

Nie rozumiem za bardzo po Polsku :wall:

well, this question about ladys, are one of the best text Ive ever heard man ;)

regards mate

Edited by mack pl

• 3 weeks later...
Force Recon.  Are they not SF and apart of NATO? :unsure:

As a US Force, they are part of NATO but are not SF. When USSOCOM became a MACOM (Major Command) in Florida, the Marines opted to not be a part of Special Ops as they did not want to deal with the possibility of Marines being placed under the command of an individual from another branch of service. The result? They were cut out of the Special Ops picture, to include funding and missions. Lately they have been undergoing certification to have units considered as part of SOCOM. Specialized gear and tactical skills are a small part of what is necessary to be Sec Ops. The Marines are a great bunch of guys but have some catchup to do.

They don't have much of a catchup to do...if you are talking about warfare as a general, but in Special Ops, the only reason they don't have a particular group until now (read about here) is because the Marines, believe that they are all elite, and don't need a Spec Ops community to tell them that a certain bunch of Marines are elite. That is the real answer. They train harder then the Army, Navy and Air Force. You guys can argue all you want, but with being a Marine brat, and a Future Marine, they put themselves through some stuff. They might not have the special training of the SF, SEALs, Rangers, etc., but they are Elite in there own right.

Force Recon.  Are they not SF and apart of NATO? :unsure:

As a US Force, they are part of NATO but are not SF. When USSOCOM became a MACOM (Major Command) in Florida, the Marines opted to not be a part of Special Ops as they did not want to deal with the possibility of Marines being placed under the command of an individual from another branch of service. The result? They were cut out of the Special Ops picture, to include funding and missions. Lately they have been undergoing certification to have units considered as part of SOCOM. Specialized gear and tactical skills are a small part of what is necessary to be Sec Ops. The Marines are a great bunch of guys but have some catchup to do.

They don't have much of a catchup to do...if you are talking about warfare as a general, but in Special Ops, the only reason they don't have a particular group until now (read about here) is because the Marines, believe that they are all elite, and don't need a Spec Ops community to tell them that a certain bunch of Marines are elite. That is the real answer. They train harder then the Army, Navy and Air Force. You guys can argue all you want, but with being a Marine brat, and a Future Marine, they put themselves through some stuff. They might not have the special training of the SF, SEALs, Rangers, etc., but they are Elite in there own right.

Sorry not all of them are elite.....

Hello all, first post. Marine Infantry here, or what not.

I would have to pick either Italy, France or germany for their SF units.

• 1 month later...
Haha, I didn't know that Australia jointed NATO, lol.

They're not NATO..

NATO

Belgium

Bulgaria

Canada

Czech Rep

Denmark

Estonia

France

Germany

Greece

Hungary