Why the seperate thread for consoles?

Tortfeaser

Don't you think that is a bad idea? It could take us into the realm of unforeseen consequences as to the PC version of the game. It's almost as if this is a measuring stick by which RSE should focus on PC versus console. Please combine these into one discussion.

There has always been a forum for the console versions of GR. With the confirmation of GR2 on consoles, as well as on PC, it was only fitting to continue with a forum dedicated to that version.

I like them being seperated. I only do games on my PC... so the console version means nothing to me, and don't want the PC version discussion contaminated with console crap. jmho.

Amen to that :thumbsup:

Please combine these into one discussion.

Who does this Tort think he is :rofl:

making such a request

You will find a lot of distatse for the console versions in this forum because most of us PC guys can't see why the console versions would be worth a dollar. Besides it keeps people from getting confused and having to put what version they are talking about in the title or post.

Alright now, no need to knock the guys/gals who play consoles. We here at GR.net thought it easier to seperate the 2 areas as each play a bit differently. If a console person had a specific question, they could get answers faster than having to wade through many posts about the PC version and vice versa.

While it seems a bit hard to understand our reasoning, when the game(s) come out you will see why we have set the forums up this way.

Just because you play a PC version or console version doesn't mean that you can't read the entire forum.

while having seperate forums is generally a good idea, if you look at the posting going on in the console forum (none) :( you'd see thats its not working.

I posted many days ago, and nobody has replied and I guess one could argue that that is because their are no console people here. While that may be semi-true, it is not condusive to having a successful forum nonetheless and not inspiring to get people to join the forums and increase member count or topic quantity (if thats even a goal)

I just decided to pop in here (pc section) to see if the place is actually dead or just the one area and saw this topic. While PC gamers and console gamers differ on the ways we play pur games and on some game features, I think we are pretty much in-line with each other on just what direction we want GR2 to take.

just my .02 cents on something I've noticed happening here. ;)

and I dont seem to understand this mentality from PC gamers against those who choose not to sit in a task chair at a desk playing on a small monitor as opposed to a Lazy-Boy and 50+" screen?

Originally posted by: RedHerring

I like them because they keep the "undesireable element" out of the pristine world of PC gaming

Edited by A...Rifleman

and I dont seem to understand this mentality from PC gamers against those who choose not to sit in a task chair at a desk playing on a small monitor as opposed to a Lazy-Boy and 50+" screen?

I'm sure thare are some of us PC users that sit in a lazy boy in front of 2 LCD 50" monitors, wireless keyboard and mouse, 6.1 sound etc with that added function of a decent system. *drool*

And I'd also rather use my keyboard and mouse to some bulky quasi-analogue controller anyday. No offence console guys, you are the vast majority and all. :(

GR2 PC

GR2 Xbox

Different games. Different Forums.

The End.

thats all great, but they are not titled as such :rofl:

The title means nothing other than a name. They will play differently, have different issues, and different resolutions. So we give them a forum each. :thumbsup:

All very good arguments, but my point of view was that if you are going to make the argument that it was not financially efficient to make a PC version (and you know someone, probably a beancounter, somewhere at UBI will ask the question) then why should we give them any ammunition? I know different games, different discussions, but why do we need two discussions NOW? Why not wait until we are SURE there will be a PC version before giving someone more ammunition to shoot at us? Disagree with me, but don't knock me for asking the question.

Edited by Tortfeaser

Originally posted by: RedHerring

I like them because they keep the "undesireable element" out of the pristine world of PC gaming

First of all, you forgot the :P in my quote. I'm only joking around, although I do not like the Xbox for FPSs.

Tortfeaser- my apologies for instigating such a mockery of your post, but what you are asking for (combining PC and console into one discussion) IMO is a little far fetched. Regardless of the fact that console gaming takes up the majority of gaming formats, the majority of people who frequent this website are PC gamers (if i'm not mistaken). This site has always been that way, so to ask for a complete overhaul of the site is kind of stretching it.

Why not wait until we are SURE there will be a PC version before giving someone more ammunition to shoot at us?

For the exact same reason we aren't waiting to be SURE there will be a console version at all.

It is a matter of record (thanks to Casey Keefe, the Ubisoft Tom Clancy Community Director) that GR2 is being developed for PC, Xbox, PS2, etc. concurrently. Certainly, it's not impossible that any one of the platforms could be cancelled, but they all do exist, right now.

Besides, to quote Rocky:

The End.

He does get last word around here, you know. ;)

Your arguement doesn't make sense because the press release from Ubi when GR2 was confirmed said GR2 will be coming to the PC and next generation consoles this holiday season. So with all the evidence against you just see that this is the way it will be.

while having seperate forums is generally a good idea, if you look at the posting going on in the console forum (none)  you'd see thats its not working.

Well seeing as the PC version is better and more ....well just better in EVERY aspect than the console versions, plus you need a PC don't you to write up in the forums so why the heck would you buy the Console version?

PS. I have a PS2 for sale, good condition, hardly used,little dusty, needs a good home :rofl:

The only reason we have console forums in the first place is because we were getting posts in the GR Gen forum asking questions, and it turned out it was about a console version. So we started a console forum to give them their own place. To stay in. :thumbsup: