What you'd like to see

ZJJ

Geiger, the Community Director for ubi.com is looking for feedback on what you would like see in GR2's multiplayer experience. His post at ubi.com is below.

Sup All,

I've been around Ubi for about 4 years now and most of it has been as part of the community team working on a variety of titles. My focus has recently shifted to everything and anything "Competition" and I have been affectionately deemed the "Competition Director". This means that it's my responsibility to make sure our multiplayer experience is as fun and fulfilling as possible.

That being said, I need to know what you'd like to see in GR2's multiplayer experience from modes to mods. What things do you like about today's MP/competitive games?

Geiger out...

Real military ranks for co-op?

The X thing is nice... but it's hard to remember whos in charge after the lead man gets popped.

And...

Not having to flipping log into anything. I don't want my stats recorded on some silly world ladder, so why should I have to log in? Not to mention the fact it messes up 25% of the time... :whistle:

Bring back direct IP!

I second Coop and no logging in (which, unfortunately, I doubt will happen)

Gridded command map.

Foiliage so snipers can be more effective.

Long view distance so snipers can be more effective.

Hard to master sniping system so snipers don't dominate.

The way it is now is WAY too easy.

Good point all, and as one wrote in the official forum, I would like to be able to turn off the message you get when you kill somebody. Then you actually have to be sure he's down...make it even more real.

Direct IP is a very good thing and I also don't like all this logging into thing. It's allright that they check if you have the correct cd key, but this shouldn't necessary be that much of a problem to fix.

Coop is a must, and I'm almost 100% sure this will be added to GR2 aswell. I doubt it's not without reason that Bulletooth have watched several matches in SR2004 now, and that we also have got prices from UBI for our two latest tournaments. They watch us, and they know the interest is there for Coop.

Things I don't like about many of todays multiplayergames is the fact that the faster you are with the mouse the better player you are. I miss a game where you actually have to use the brain to play good and cooperate with the team. One man should alone not be able to win a game. GR1 was a good at this, and I hope GR2 will be even better.

When it comes to gamemodes I think the most of them for such games as GR (first-person-shooters) is already there or have been made. Some nice twists is always welcome, but in the end I belive the old team v. team is most popular. HH and Siege is also very fun. Objectives like it's in Medal of Honour for example can also be good and fun.

Use of different soldier classes, like medic, machinegunner, demolition, sniper etc, should have theyr strong and weak sides. Some of this is in GR1, but a lot of it was removed in the latest patch/expansion pack. This force the team to cooperate more as a unit and I belive this leads to more fun in the game.

The ability to set up and configure your own weapon, something like Americas Army 2.0 could be very nice to have in GR2 i think.

Stop the Cheating aswell, maybe add Punkbuster or something like that!

I would really love to not see when you kill someone. MP and SP. I would love to have a Co-Op mode where you work through the campaign and receive medals just like in SP.

I would love to see some great Co-Op GTF's. You don't have a lot of choice with Co-Op GTF's. The ability to customize your stuff would be great.

Did anyone say to add more Muzzle Flash Points..nothings worse than having a gun that has 2 barrels and only 1 muzzle flash for it.Also was thinking what about more holster points.Like have holster_point1,2,and 3.1 can make the gun goto your side from standing up.2 is crouch and it goes infront like GR1 holsterpoint.3 can hmm go on your back i geuss(didnt think of that one fully :rofl: )for crawling.

The ability to host my own server, and for one of my chosen friends, to be able to access anything to do with server options. IE - being able to kick a player.

Also, if you host a dedi server, the host should be able to sit out of the games, but be permanently down as rdy'd up. I do hate the time counter.

Replays are a must as well. You have to have these in to solve any Ladder match problems that may occur.

Not to be like RvS, where going from Adv to Coop means restarting the server!!

All I can think of at the moment tbh.

Not sure if it's been said, but if you're in spectator mode, the game should automatically have you ready up.

Also, if you can run through the SP campaign in MP, it better be a ###### challange. I can beat the average GR mission on Vet in under 15 minutes, while still being relatively stealthy. Elite usually takes a bit longer, but still.

Edited by Crimson

Co-op is a must.

Also the ability to kick/ban in mid game if your the host or have the PW. Maybe when you enter the PW at the server setup screen it logs you on so you have that priviledge.

Nothing worse then having a TKer and the only way to boot him/her is after game or when in the server as the game is going.

Better kit layout or at least a way to set up custom kits/restrictions server sided very easily. For example, make all weapons available except the OICW and M136,etc.

Automatic boot after certain number of team kills. You could set a number in the server options/setup.

Visible soldier stats. Instead of having to jump in game and find out how stealthy _blank_ is compared to _blank_.There could be a ico that you point and click on and it shows the stats (stamina,leadership,etc)

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

GR was a great game but what the biggest problem was the glitches and people who cheated. As long as most of the glitches in GR wont happen in GR2.

Vehicles = bad idea. when you put vehicles in a game the game becomes who can get in vehicles fastest and bum rush the enemy base. puting vehicles in the game also puts more stress on anti tank weapons. It would be way to hard for someone with an anti-tank rocket to hit a vehicle going 40 mph.

1st person mode is what makes GR so special. the zooming of the weapons turns the game into a molre longer range game than AA or battlefield. with 3rd person you eliminate zoom creating a close quarters combat game thus shortening maps making the game predictable.

The best thing about GR is the fact that it isnt predictable. you arent confined to using pasageways or tunnels to get somewhere like AA or CS or any of those close quarters games. In AA with most maps you are confined to use hallways or narrow passageways. But in GR you are not. In AA if you go one way there is a100% chance you will meet someone because of this close quarters combat. In GR you actually have to look for people or lay down sensors which makes the game so much better than any other game.

My last request is to take the MM1 out of GR2 it is totally unfair when you have people laying sensors down and just one guy in some tower far from any action just launching nades around killing people.

Definatly gotta have co-op. One thing I really wished we had in GR1 was a map that the whole team could look at before going into battle online. That way we could create a much better plan instead of just trying to remember what the level layout was when we played it in single. It'd also be great if with that map, the commander or someone, could point on the map and maybe put temporary waypoints just for viewing before playing.

Hmm, if I think of more, I'll post.

*Game features*

-Better Movement. Like Raven Shield but a little differnt as seeing Green berrets

couldnt peak as much with all the gear... and movement some what slower because of weight... a nice action button like rogue spear had to get over smaller objects and climb ladders.

*Multiplayer features*

-True dedicated server support..

-A nice in game browser, with auto login thoes that dont like it im sry i think it

works good it takes split second to log in and work.

-Lan Support. Where you dont have to log In (unlike RVS)

-Multiplayer interface like the original, It was great.

-During a game, press escape and have option to goto server and change thing

during online play ( admins panel )

-Add console commands so you can change things. But keep it limited to like... like

a suicide button gamma settings votekicks and other various helpfull options

.(sorry to thoes who dont like it... its easier to me, but u can still use the admin

panel to do stuff and options)

ill think of some more later

Edited by Prozac360

Stamina would be nice. Maybe add a sprint button, but make the guy winded so he cant run 5 klicks without a sweat. Maybe 50-100 meters sprint untill he has to slow down. Well done in OFP where its very hard to aim when they guy is breathing heavily. Could be very usefull to run from cover to cover or in an alley under fire. Aiming when running should be very difficult. But sometimes u need to run from the enemy, which makes it usefull.

Stamina would be nice. Maybe add a sprint button, but make the guy winded so he cant run 5 klicks without a sweat. Maybe 50-100 meters sprint untill he has to slow down. Well done in OFP where its very hard to aim when they guy is breathing heavily. Could be very usefull to run from cover to cover or in an alley under fire. Aiming when running should be very difficult. But sometimes u need to run from the enemy, which makes it usefull.

i like that idea. :thumbsup: thats what i like to see in sp and mp. especially running for cover would be much easier.