The .mis files works in MP but not in SP

pH.

I'm having a strange problem i made some server sided "maps" (.mis files) they work in Multiplayer coop mode but I can't find them in quick mission for firefight, recon and defend. How can i make them vicible in quick mission?

There are no mission on the .mis files just zones and stuff so they work for every gametype but not mission.

The problem is that some maps doesn't show upp in quick mission for the sp gametypes

Edited by pH.

This is a little confusing. In your first post you say they are mis files but your last post seems to suggest that they are gtf's (gametypes) :unsure:

If it's the latter and the maps you are using are 3rd party, you will need to ensure that they have Map Points if you are spawning an opposing force, and that you check the Points box when you export the script.

OK, I think what's causing the confusion here is the terminology:

*.mis - a mission file. It is tied to one particular map

*.gtf - a gametype file. It can be used on any map which has the corresponding entities (bases, points, etc)

map - the 3D environment on which missions and gametypes take place.

So they are gtf files, not mis files right? :unsure:

they work in Multiplayer coop mode but I can't find them in quick mission for firefight, recon and defend

It's .mis files I can find them in Mp for every gametype but not in sp

If you have mis files then the options you have are:

Single Player

Multiplayer Coop

Multiplayer Solo

Multiplayer Team

If you want to play Firefight, Recon and Defend gametypes then that is unrelated to your missions. As I said above, *.gtf - a gametype file. It can be used on any map which has the corresponding entities (bases, points, etc).

Hope that clears it up for you,

Jack :)

it has nothing do do with mission scripting just .mis files without scripts!

Wha.....? :huh::huh::huh:

Well then, yes - you probably would have been better to put your question in the Map Mods forum, this being the Mission Mods forum. Wonder how it came to be set to 'Requires Unlocking' ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad you got it sorted anyways dude :thumbsup:

Check ya MP2 folder, i have noticed that if you are working on stuff in Igor on your mod it saves copies to the MP2 folder even if your directing it to your mod folder, so sometimes it's not updateing the correct file, but the copied file.check you dont have 2 copies, one in your mod folder and one in MP2 folder.