Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox Screenshots

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I'm just going out for a few hours, but I thought I'd quickly pop a message to say I've seen the new OXM mag, and it's full of nice looking 3rd person shots. It's looking very Operation Flashpoint mixed with Counterstrike.

Does it?

*gulp*....from what I can make out....thats not very "GR looking"...please let me be wrong.

Yeah I was just thinking that myself.

The graphics from what I can make out look great...

But the guys don't look like the Ghost. >_<

*gulp*....from what I can make out....thats not very "GR looking"...please let me be wrong.

Well, it isn't Ghost Recon last time I checked, it's Ghost Recon 2. ;) The Ghost's arent going to use their standard BDUs in the hot, humid climate of Asia.

players have the ability to control aircraft and call in infantry

Oh god let this be wrong... a ghost in a jet...######.

I hope it means tell the things were to go... not drive.

Well, it isn't Ghost Recon last time I checked, it's Ghost Recon 2. ;) The Ghost's arent going to use their standard BDUs in the hot, humid climate of Asia.

Ummmm...woodland is used in a "hot, humid environment" ;).

Hell yeah, this looks awesome. I make out a Mk12 Mod 0 SPR, M16A?/M203, possible Laser Target Designator in the last ss, an Ah-64 Apache and either an F/A-22 Raptor or the JSF. Plus the Ghosts are not wearing the standard issue kit of the regular army like they were in GR, which is quite realistic. I'm happy. :thumbsup:

About bloody time we saw some pics! Thanks for the post! They look tite! :thumbsup:

From what I can tell snipers will get the SPR with 20 round mag (Special Purpose Rifle). Basically a accurized M16/M4 shooting the 5.56 round.

Also it looks like some Ghosts will be dressed similar to US Army Special Forces in Afghanistan. That is, they'll be wearing the new SPEAR body armor over brown utility undershirts.

Can't really tell its SPEAR from the pics. But the character models look like the one in the new Jungle Storm adverts where there is a similarly outfited guy. (I'll try to get a pic of the advert)

The maps and color are looking really sweet too!

Other pics you can make out an Apache Longbow with its destinctive radar dome, the architecture looks east asain for sure more like China than Korea to my eyes, can't make out the jets though they kinda look like the new Joint Strike Fighter.

Edited by JT_Snowman

If you read the text found surrounding the pictures in the origional post, it says in one of them something like "the vehicles are not yours to control...they play an importaint role in the wider conflict" and "you can shoot down aircraft" its in one of the four scans.

I also found something that said "...3rd person shooter..." - hopefully just for the console?

The text is fragmented a bit, but there is some good info in there

I wouldn't be too worried...RSE has never let us down before.

Edited by Scubaman3D

they can't really be stupid enough to make it 3rd person on the PC too can they?

also i don't like the way it tells you that you have 3 other men, they are named and all like in VC so you can't change them. also i wish they'd sort out the weapons, there's not an SF unit in the world that uses m16a4's unless they have to. also i want my sniper to have a propper sniper rifle is i want, not just an SPR

Don't forget that this is the Xbox version of the game. Compare R6:3 on PC to Xbox. Although very similar games, they were still vastly different.

I suspect that's what we're seeing here. Making the console game more like it's direct competitors, and making the PC game more like what PC gamers tend to like. It wouldn't be difficult to have two slightly different development paths, since at it's core, the game would be technically similar, while the finesse of the gameplay itself would have to be developed to suit.

The whole article is a tribute to the dumb xbox crowd, just read the first page, its full of crap about making the game more accessible.

It shouldnt be accessible, it should be REALISTIC I like everything about the new game, except for that "rumour" about 3rd person, when is this damn xboxification of great games gonna end?? :angry: