Operation Falconer

AUS_Viper

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything new?

Well aside from the "stalker and silentnight show"

i think the great Aus Viper is moving hoose or similar, so has probably been packed into a box somewhere...

As per Aus's Site:- Link

Falconer already has an LPRV in the works as such....

Thanks to Dugite...... Beta Version

Quote AUs_viper:-

I also have some "work in progress" shots of the Australian SASR modified 6x6 Perentie LRPV being developed by Dugite. This is still far from finished, but it does give you a good idea of what to expect:

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

perntie3.jpg

In game Test

Here's a test shot of the vehicle in game. Note - as these are just test shots, the troops in the pics are not the Aussie SASR, but just standard GR US troops:

A_test1.jpg

Edited by Gordo_Viper

to keep every one happy, here's the latest from Streinger. the M4A5 with elcan, PEQ-2 and 203. also comes in SD form, and has a touch of desert

streinger-m4a5.jpg

cheers......

Yup, I finally found the time to get my head out of the books (passed both exams just last month), so I'm back to modding full speed.

Unfortunately, GR engine doesn't allow any light exporting features, so there will be no actual laser beam coming out of PEQ-2, but to compensate for that (and to make this M4A5 version distinct from Op.S. featured version), I'll make a small modification to the Elcan reticle, namely I'll add a tiny red dot in dead centre, simulating a laser pointer.

Truly a work of art Streinger - thanks for the update!

ok, I'm not an expert here - does the Peq2 work in the daytime as well, or is it just a night aiming device?

I was also having a look through 'Aussie Defender' magazine and saw that the Aussies have been issued cam covers for their Steyrs that are hand sewn - so there's one sleeve for the receiver group, one for the sight...you get the idea...weird huh? :wacko:

Re Peq-2 Link, yeah Stewy it does have a mode which allows visible spectrum sue- daylight. And has the covert features for night time use with NVG's.

The ADf alos uses NAD laser illuminators as well. The NAD's(Night Aiming Device) I've seen and used at a trade show are only visible through Ninox though i.e. No visible spectrum.

Yeah Stewy saw that Steyr with Desert Cammo on the weapon- interesting way of doing things.....could also be weapon tape has same look as being hand sewn.

For all those Aussies that read ANZ&D you may recognise something strange in next ANZ&D :ph34r:

to keep every one happy, here's the latest from Streinger. the M4A5 with elcan, PEQ-2 and 203. also comes in SD form, and has a touch of desert

streinger-m4a5.jpg

cheers......

Yup, I finally found the time to get my head out of the books (passed both exams just last month), so I'm back to modding full speed.

Unfortunately, GR engine doesn't allow any light exporting features, so there will be no actual laser beam coming out of PEQ-2, but to compensate for that (and to make this M4A5 version distinct from Op.S. featured version), I'll make a small modification to the Elcan reticle, namely I'll add a tiny red dot in dead centre, simulating a laser pointer.

OMG Streinger Please let me have it :kewlpics:

The ADf alos uses NAD laser illuminators as well. The NAD's(Night Aiming Device) I've seen and used at a trade show are only visible through Ninox though i.e. No visible spectrum.

Yes, we used the NADs for a night shoot once before I got out - very cool...

So the PQ2 thingos work in the day as well?

I'd ditch the Auscam on the Mags,it's too small in scale compared to the rest of the weapon,I've seen plenty of Aussies In Baghdad,some regs and SF ;)

and will the Auscam be the "Bruised banana " type?(Yellow base?)

Edited by Argyll

The NAD's(Night Aiming Device) I've seen and used at a trade show are only visible through Ninox though i.e. No visible spectrum.[\QUOTE]

Makes good tactical sense. Some guys friend doesn't see a red dot on the forehead, he's not going to run....

Bit more tricky though. (extra weight)

I'd ditch the Auscam on the Mags,it's too small in scale compared to the rest of the weapon,I've seen plenty of Aussies In Baghdad,some regs and SF ;)

and will the Auscam be the "Bruised banana " type?(Yellow base?)

Greatings mate,CP parties or hunting??