Can test a mission for me

tangokillah

Can someone test out this mission for me?? The name of the mod is Tears of the Sun. Yes, i know someone else is working on same mod, but by the time I found out I had already put alot of time into it so i figured i continue on anyways. This is just the first mission and is done. It worked fine for me both SP and MP coop, but crashed on a friend when we played coop together. You will need DS and IT to play it. Please let me know what you think.....sorry, no new skins, guns, etc. (im not that talented).

Fileplanet Download

Edited by tangokillah

As Tangokillah says the analyse of ike.og should be the best tool to identify reasons of CTD during mod development (and also after the release:( ). In this case I'm posting the ike for you:

***** User's system configuration *****

CPU: GenuineIntel 2193 MHz Pentium 4

RAM: 480 MB

O/S: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.1 Service Pack 1 build 2600

Ghost Recon (RELEASE)  version = 1.4.0.0(0)

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Creating a 1024x768 window at 0,0 on monitor Televisione generica attached to S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Game running on primary display Televisione generica attached to S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR

HAL (sw vp): S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR R5G6B5

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb

Unable to find ike_fx_fire_type2.tga anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

Unable to find lighthalo_effect3.rsb anywhere.

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device Fujitsu VIA2 Audio

driver is cvia2aud.sys

RSSoundManager: EAX 2.0 Support Detected 

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device Fujitsu VIA2 Audio

driver is cvia2aud.sys

RSSoundManager: EAX 2.0 Support Detected 

Loading map c:\programmi\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp2\map\c02_military_camp\c02_military_camp.map

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file oldwoman_civilian_1.atr

As highlighted in red the reason of the CTD is simply the missing of the actor file "oldwoman_civilian_1.atr"

Damn i feel like an idiot. Started going through it and found about 10 or so files that weren't in the d/l. What i started doing at beginning was putting the files into mp2 and then when i had most of it done then made a new mod folder and transfered everything over. Left these files behind in mp2 mp1 and origmiss. I got one of my clanmates to help me with it. he just now was able to start playing the mod, but if you would like to try it out for me, you can email me to get the updated .mis folder, cause all i did was change stuff in igor. I would appreciate any help and feedback on it. tangokillah@comcast.net

Well the mission seems to be in orderi havent gotten any errors.

Weird. How is that possible cause tangokillah you added all kind of wrong actors in the game. You may have those actors but others dont.

This is what I mean. I havent seen them before but maybe they are from an other mod :blink:

rebel leader.atr

nurse.atr

priest.atr

dr. hendicks.atr

4 out of 6 of the sick persons and the entire leave behind team.

When I delete all those actors the mission startup just fine, when I than install your version again I get CTD on startup.

Make sure you use actors from origmiss/MP1 and MP2. Dont change their names like you did now or the mission will crash for all people since they dont have those actors. If you want to do this you will have to make this a mod, than you can add whatever actors you want to the game. But now the game wont be serversided :(

Edited by el nino foxhound

rebel leader.atr

nurse.atr

priest.atr

dr. hendicks.atr

4 out of 6 of the sick persons and the entire leave behind team.

If you look under the mod folder under characters, these people are in there. Any, names that are changed in the game are stored in the .mis file. All of the actors that I used are all in either origmiss, mp1, or mp2, but some of them i changed names and a few other things, but the files are all correct. It works just fine for a clanmates' computer and he got the same files you did.

Thanks for your help though

If you look under the mod folder under characters, these people are in there. Any, names that are changed in the game are stored in the .mis file. All of the actors that I used are all in either origmiss, mp1, or mp2, but some of them i changed names and a few other things, but the files are all correct. It works just fine for a clanmates' computer and he got the same files you did.

Thanks for your help though