Prepping a mission for MP

liteluvr

I just finished scripting a new mission that works great in single player mode, and multi player mode when I create the session on my pc.

My question is this:

I sent the file to a clan-mate to host, and it wouldn't work. What do I need to do to make a mission MP capable?

I tried to export the script, and got an error about multiple script-dependent objects, and that it wouldn't be playable...

Help!!!

ME: :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I'll even email the mission if anyone wants to have a look.

Edited by liteluvr

If it's a regular mission with mission dependant objects (almost anything that you place on the map in Igor) then you won't be able to successfully export it as a gtf's. Gtf's are intended for use on ANY map - so logically you can't have placed objects. If you have any custom files in your mod then it won't be serversided - ie; your friends will need the mod installed as well. If your mission doesn't have any customised files then put it in the the mission directory of it's parent mod (GR, DS or IT) and others should be able to join.

Cheers, Jack :rocky:

Is this supposed to be a GTF or a mission.

Let me just role through possible solutions not knowing what the thing is. Seeing as you got the errors when you tried exporting it says to me that it is a mission.

Maybe you used an actor or kit or something that the other person doesn't have. Know that if you use an atr or a kit that is not stock GR then the user must have that file in order to play. An easy why to fix that would be to setup a new mod and ship it to him.

That would be about all I can think of for right now seeing as it works fine on your computer.

I would also advise you try to prevent a CTD from the shadow bug. What you need to do is make all actors that aren't visible at the start of the game invincible. That way there is less of a possibility of a hidden actor being killed. Just remember to make the vulnerable when you show them.

This bug only effects MP so this is another thing you should do for MP missions.

Hi there, I took a quick look and yes it crashes at startup for me too, even in SP. I looked in the IKE log and it says something about textures. Did you change anything of that?

Also the sound klaxon.wav is a sound from frostbite mod, so people need to have frostbite.

I hope some guys can tell you exactly whats wrong with it when they look at the IKE log.

Ghost Recon (RELEASE) version = 1.4.0.0(0)

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Creating a 1024x768 window at 0,0 on monitor Plug en Play-monitor attached to RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Game running on primary display Plug en Play-monitor attached to RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700

HAL (hw vp): RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700 R5G6B5

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga this one

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb this one

Unable to find ike_fx_fire_type2.tga anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb this one

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb this one

Unable to find lighthalo_effect3.rsb anywhere.

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device SB Live!-audio [DF80]

driver is ctaud2k.sys

RSSoundManager: EAX 2.0 Support Detected

SOUND: Cannot Find: !!E_briefing.wav this one

Loading map d:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\mp1\map\dp01_stronghold\dp01_stronghold.map

Couldn't load texture: none and this one

I also looked at the script very quickly and if i am not mistaken you missed some things. If you like I could check that also.

Greets,

Edited by el nino foxhound

Those textures are missiong for everyone I think. A sound wouldn't cause a CTD. I would still think it is an atr or a kit. Maybe a vehicle if you used anything from frostbite. But I assume if those were missing it would have shown up in the ike.log.

Just check the actors and kits. Maybe you used a custom env. and that could be the problem. If you used anything not stock then the person who wants to play it will need those files.

Okay... this is odd.... when I did a search of my GR folders, I didn't find the ike_fx_fire_type2.tga, ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb, or lighthalo_effect3.rsb files.

Odd...

And I double checked the M2 Bradley VCL file, and it's actually in the MP1 Actors folder... so I wouldn't think that would cause a problem, should it? Assuming you're running DS/IT? I can't use the standard M2, because it's supposed to be a captured vehicle, and the standard M2 kills all the enemies in the camp.... LOL... Unless there's a way to make it 'behave'....

And the texture called 'none'... I don't get that one at all.... I didn't modify this map / textureset at all.

:blink:

Matt, I'll tweak that bit about the invincibility setting. Good point.

As for the mods, I made sure when I started that the only mods active were DS/IT/Frostbite/HX5. Those are standard mods for our clan. Halfway through, I backed off HX5 as well.

I just deactivated Frostbite and loaded IGOR and the mission with no problems... so I'm going to go through the map elements and see what might be in there effect wise, etc. that's referencing Frostbite.

If the other players don't have that vehicle file it will cause a crash. Just send the file out with the mission and it should work.

Those effects won't be found because I don't think they exsist. That wouldn't be a problem anyway.