Omega's first mod

mordred

Don't use hidden actors in mp-games. They're not hidden and are black (do nothing). Shadow bug it's called. Easiest way is to make all hidden actors invincible. They won't be gone, but they won't crash the game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Check a detailed texture video tutorial from Dr.Jeckyl, u'll need a TSCC codec to view it. Also read the pdf about it.

If u got any more problems, ask here ;)

Anyone have this video?

:(

post on gr net :whistle:

It's a 56k friendly 5Mb download and features 8 new multiplayer missions

Yeh but I only just edited it to read "multiplayer" 2 mins ago after reading those recent posts :thumbsup:

New V2 Omega

Dead Link?

:shifty:

Check a detailed texture video tutorial from Dr.Jeckyl, u'll need a TSCC codec to view it. Also read the pdf about it.

Anyone have this video?

Check here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=17791

There isn't a video but there are a bunch of detailed screen shots on how to set up a detail texture in Max and run basic lighting in the lighting tool. It's all on the first page of the thread.

Anyone have this video?

Check here:

There isn't a video but there are a bunch of detailed screen shots on how to set up a detail texture in Max and run basic lighting in the lighting tool. It's all on the first page of the thread.

Thnx

Can I use the same principle for a large brick wall?

Using a 1M x 1M brick texture, tiles many times, but left in grey scale. Then add colour texture over it.

Or would it be better to make the wall, screenshot it, then apply the screen shot instead of the tiles?

:)

Anyone have this video?

Check here:

Thnx

Can I use the same principle for a large brick wall?

Using a 1M x 1M brick texture, tiles many times, but left in grey scale. Then add colour texture over it.

Or would it be better to make the wall, screenshot it, then apply the screen shot instead of the tiles?

:)

I've always used the detailed textures on the ground. The lighting tool generates a new texture based on this and bakes the shadows onto it based on the ambient and the sun light in the room.

I don't see why you couldn't use the same principle on walls. I'm not sure how it would affect performance if you used a composite texture on everything or how it would look in game. I think you would need a different texture for each wall in this case. Generally all the normals on a floor face the same direction which is why it is used here. A simple building is square with 4 walls. The normals on the mesh all face a different direction which would require multiple textures instead of one.

Personally, I think you'd save a lot of time and effort by using a tileable brick texture with the color data already int it rather than a composite texture. You could screen shot it as you suggest but once again that is one texture for one face. The tileable texture can be used on all faces which is most optimal.