DIRECT ACTION

I said I'd post feedback, and I meant it! The first two missions have been great. I had to go to work today, so I didn't have time to get any further. I almost had the second mission, but I got pinned down on the LZ. Either way my saw gunner and demo guy were the only guys left, and they didn't make it to the chopper. :nono: Which leaves me with my only gripe. If memory serves the Blackhawk in Operation Stabilise actually can engage from the air. It'd be nice to see my guys get a little support during extract. Maybe you can work that for a patch. Either way, from what I've seen your mod is great. Nice skins, and that second map is pretty nice. Either way, don't read to much into my helo gripes, I just hate getting that close and not making it. But at least they went down fighting :o=

I said I'd post feedback, and I meant it! The first two missions have been great. I had to go to work today, so I didn't have time to get any further. I almost had the second mission, but I got pinned down on the LZ. Either way my saw gunner and demo guy were the only guys left, and they didn't make it to the chopper. :nono: Which leaves me with my only gripe. If memory serves the Blackhawk in Operation Stabilise actually can engage from the air. It'd be nice to see my guys get a little support during extract. Maybe you can work that for a patch. Either way, from what I've seen your mod is great. Nice skins, and that second map is pretty nice. Either way, don't read to much into my helo gripes, I just hate getting that close and not making it. But at least they went down fighting :o=

:) Thanks for the feedback so far...

Sorry that the Blackhawk didn't give you any air support...I think that the "stock" BH does not fire on people, maybe Op Stablise used a modified version...

If you've enjoyed missions one and two, you'll love the next three...

My scripting got better as the campaign progressed... ;)

Great mod! I've only played the first 3 missions so far, but I've really enjoyed them.

I've bumped into a small problem, just thought I'd let you know: I lost 1 of my squad during the 3rd mission and when the "cinematic extraction" started the truck just sat there with nobody in the drivers seat. I went and made myself a cup of coffee, came back and the truck was still there. It seemed like the guy I'd lost had been the "designated driver".... and everyone was waiting for him to pitch up and drive off.

As luck would have it, my last "quick save" was after I lost the teammate, so I've had to restart the mission - which I didn't mind that much since it was such a fun mission :)

Again, great mod - thank you!

P.S. I have only 56k - took me forever to D/L, but well worth it :P

Hmmm.... I just redid mission 3, didn't lose any men, and the same thing happened - the truck just sits there, its like the cinematic is on pause so I can't get through to mission 4. Any ideas? :unsure:

:blink: I'm not actually sure what could be causing the problem...

None of the ghosts need to be alive to drive the truck. The truck is driven by the prisoner Ilyas Basmadov.

Do you have cinematics turned off?

My only suggestion would be to to open up your console window (press enter on num keypad) and type autowin. That will automatically bypass the mission for you and bring you to mission #4.

:( Sorry that it didn't work for you...

EDIT: Just went in and retested it. Works just fine. I can't seem to think of a gameplay setting that would cause that situation to happen...

Edited by en4rcment

:ph34r: Sneaky as can be, and managed to get to the camp and throw out the smoke. But as luck would have it, apparently my laptop cannot handle the smoke. I got bogged down and couldn't keep up with things once they went into slow motion. :wall: Anyway, my attempt to storm the camp failed. I'm wondering if I could stand off on the ridge and eliminate the guards before I deploy the smoke. Maybe I should just kill my settings for that mission and see if it runs smoother with lover graphic settings. Either way, I haven't made it out of mission three yet. :o= But where there's a will there's a way. By the way I like the scripting of the patrols so far. Every time I engage one patrol there's another one real close to jump in. It's making me think twice about going in with the guns blazing.

I had spent about 3 1/2 hours downloading this and I was at 62 megabytes when my stupid, no good, piece of trash internet connection cut out! :wall:

I should known better than to have even tried downloading something this big. :angry:

:wall:

:rant:

You should use a downloading program such as Download Accelerator Plus, that allows you to resume downloads.

• 5 months later...
In Direct Action, I get through the missio where you have to raid the camp, capture the arms dealer and steal the truck, but after stealing the truck I just sit there and nothing happens.  What is the deal?

works fine on my end, thats one of my favorite missions in the campaign.

You sure you are completing all the objectives?

• 2 years later...

Did you maybe shoot the truck?

There seems to be a glitch in Saving Pilot Ryan mission 5. If you shoot the truck before Ryan gets in, he wont get in.

Nevyn: It was a modded chopper.

I had that same problem also but tried it another time and made it through. I am having a problem with the 2nd part of mission 7 when I go into hangar 2 to try and place a demo charge. It is an ambush and the lights go off but when he says that they will "turn the lights on now" - it doesn't go on and the mission stays pitch black even with NV on. HELP!! I'd hate to get all the way to the end and not be able to complete the last mission.

I am having a problem with the 2nd part of mission 7 when I go into hangar 2 to try and place a demo charge.

It is an ambush and the lights go off but when he says that they will "turn the lights on now" - it doesn't go on and the mission stays pitch black even with NV on.

I'd like to help, but I had exactly this same problem you describe & it never did go away/lights never came on? :(

:D Hey people are still talking about my mod...cool!

Just to be clear. A small handful of people have contacted me about mission #3 not ending properly. To date, I was never able to discover why it won't work for a small percentage of people. For 98% of players, the mission ends just find. My only suggestion for those people who can't get the mission to end is to bring up the console command prompt and type in: autowin This will complete the mission for you and allow you to enjoy missions 4&5.

The talk by Scooby and Janie is about another Mod...not my mod, Direct Action.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the mod! :thumbsup:

-

:D Hey people are still talking about my mod...cool!

The talk by Scooby and Janie is about another Mod... not my mod, Direct Action.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the mod! :thumbsup:

en4rcment, my apologies :icon_redface: ,

Wrong mod & odd that my initial thoughts were the mission Scooby referred to was one by Jack57? Anyhow, I distinctly recall entering airport hanger, lights off by bad guy, then lights never coming on again: obviously a trauma for me! :rofl: Not caused by you!

Apologies & I loaded up your "Direct Action" tonight & started a new campaign...

and then it was coming back quickly...

some secret night smokes, swamp assaults, nasty Chechens...

Your mod IS excellent!

(& never any troubles/glitches for me during the game play :D )

Sorry... :flowers: