Operation : After Shock

Thanx to all those who have d/loaded my first Mod "Operation : Snake Strike". The feedback is great, and Im happy so many of the community enjoy it. Amongst the feedback was the suggestion I should have a preview thread for my next one, so here it is.

Operation : After Shock is set 1 month after the end of Operation : Snake Strike, when the war to topple the Saddam government is almost over. Ghost Team A9 now has a new directive, which is the tracking down of the 'third' party that was helping the Saddam government develop its NBC (Nuclear Biological Nuclear) projects. A covert Operation has been authorised at the highest levels of the US & United Nations, and Ghost Team A9 are the cutting edge of this Covert Operation.

The Good Guys

Link to image

Here are the Specalists (and their prefered weapons) that will become avaliable during the Campaign. Going from the Back row (Left-Right) : Mike Nelson (from UK SAS,an explosive expert attached to the Ghost's for the duration) with his DSA-OSW; Vernon Bowron (Ghost Sniper) with his M82a1 SASR; Chris Dolan (Ghost Support grunt) with his 'baby' a man-portable Gatling gun. On the Front is Jason Stead (from the German KSK, attached to the Ghost's for the duration) with his G-36K; Adrian Reed (Ghost team rifleman) and his M29 OICW proto-type.

The Bad Guys

Link to image

Here are a small number of the Opposition Forces (OpFor), comprising of Iraqi infantryman and Militia, Security and Police from "other" locations. The weapons range from the AKMS, AK-74 through to Uzi and MP 5 SMG's.

At the moment this Campaign Mod (with new skins, weapons etc) will weight in just under 30 Meg. Particular thanx goto =MM= Shadow, Giwex, Sixpence, Yodasplat, El-Oso, Reiver etc etc etc all of which have contributed one way or another to my Mod.

Moderator edit - Image was causing forum boundary-stretching.

Edited by Pyro_Monty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise for the huge pics - didnt realise they where gonna come out at that size :wall:

Ive PM'd Akira at @War about the OpAs BETA being posted their, and hopefully that will be removed. Its a old, old version (the first BETA for OpAS I did I think) and has been added to and reworked more than a few times since then - thanx for the heads up Joker_USVN.

Progress is coming along at a pace with Giwex working over time (and in his work time :thumbsup: ) to Beta testing the Mod for me. Giwex has made some very useful suggestions to add to the Mod, and between us weve added some more twists in the action. :whistle:

Approx 7 out of 10 missions are now good to go and fully tested, with 'only' the cinematics to add. Hopefuly with Easter break coming up I will have this Mod finished within a week. :D

The only problem I can forsee is the large numbers of civilians in some missions may effect lower end PC's performance - but I will see. ;)

Any way will add some more Pics over next day or so :yes:

Ok - finished the last Cinematic for Op:After Shock ! :D

Ive also (thanks to Op:Icebreaker - the excellent WWII Mod) discovered the files that make the bullets go "wizz" as they go past the players head. :huh:

With these now 'touched up', the Mod's ready to release. Im awaiting the final BETA test report from Giwex (excellent BETA tester he is) and then its good to go, and only approx 4 months after the date I was aiming to release it (lol - real life ALWAYS seems to get in the way of a good Modding session) :rofl:

Thanx to everyone for the interest in the last one (OpSnake Strike) and the good interest shown in this one so far :thumbsup:

Its coming HONEST !!

Final touches (curtsy of Giwex's BETA testing) are been smoothed out, and Im adding a few extras (like the full - proper stats for the M29 as extracted from XM8, and LOTS of other sources etc etc) :whistle:

I just hope u enjoy the finished product ! :huh:

if its anything like snakestrike,i'm sure i will like it!that was a kool campaign.i've got a feeling this one will be better,than snakestrike.keep the good mods coming man!be glad when i can D\L aftershock. ;)

Edited by gulf01

• 2 weeks later...

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!! :angry:

The Sound files have just played a Devil-spawned trick and started to work in strange and weird ways !!!!!! :devil:

Poo !! - this has delayed me AGAIN (was going to release OpAS on the w/end of 24/25 April BUT.....) :wall:

So it looks like its gonna be another week of delays, before I can FINALLY release OpAfter Shock. I just hope this effort is worth it :unsure:

Just completed Operation Snake Strike - Great Mod and I'm now chomping at the bit to get on with the other missions!

(BTW: In Operation Snake Strike but did anyone else have issues with the game dying on them when they quick-loaded on the second to last mission (B'n'R)?!, or was it just me?? Also the mission to defend the line against wave after wave of Iraqis was just frickin awesome....)

Bring on Operation After Shock!!!!!

Oh god, the pressure !

@Reiver : assualt sniper :huh: thought you had "changed" your style m8 :o=

@Dangerous AI : Glad u enjoyed OpSS - didnt get any reports about CTD during any quickloading - must be u m8 ;)

@Gulf01 : Trust me, the wait will be as short as possible, even if I have to trim out the various music files Ive got at the mo, this Mod is NOT gonna drag on - Im too eager to release Operation : Dark Star !!! :yes:

@Giwex : enjoy the free holiday m8 :thumbsup:

@ Blakarion have changed my style matey, playing RS did that, but "heavy support grunt" thought you could do better than that. i would have thought, Really Gorgeous One Man Army would be more appropriate :D

@ everyone else. don't worry the mod is on its way, we've been play testing for months now, problem, is Blakie won't let it out until he's 100% happy with it, which means ignoring the advice we give him and waiting untill "Bankok Lady Boy" tells him whats needs chaning. rofl. ;);)

I had it ready to release, thought I have one more test play through and found mis6 keeps CTD at a early point in the Mission !!!!!! :wall:

So now tracking down what the bug is (nothing obvious unfortunatly), as was gonna release today BUT .... :nono:

So I HOPE I can finally push HMS Operation:After Shock out into the wide ocean of the public TOMMORROW - maybe with a little announcment form Rocky on the 'News' section :D

So am I !!!! :wall::wall:

It seems that everyone in my life heard I was off for a week and decided that they needed me to do something/see them/come see me/be ill (hi wifey)/ask to install stuff in there PC's etc etc :(

Havent found time to do any modding sessions apart from some small tweaks - I know I gave a deadline (vey silly wont do that again) :stupid:

Sorry AGAIN for the wait - it will be done REAL SOON !!! :yes: