Your Call-Name?

DooDaa

Hello,

Just curious.... I see a lot of interesting and creative call-names here at GR.net. How did you people come up with this? Or was it given to you as a nickname for some reason or another. Perhaps a funny incident?

I would really like to know the history behind this. One in particular is "Yodasplat". :D How do you come up with this?

If this has been covered in the past, please refer me to it.

Thanks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been Cobblers. It's the nick name for my local Football (soccer) team, Northampton Town. They are called the Cobblers 'cause Northampton used to be the shoe making town of England at one point.

Oh and if you've got Doctor Martins shoes, well they've most probably been made here.

I have always been hawkish in my political views for one. The other is I prefer military style games over all others. I especially enjoy strategy based games.

It helps to keep the marines, that I run into from time to time in their place too. ;)

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

Edited by warhawk

The nickname of a tiny variety of parakeet, called Budgerigars (from the Australian Aboriginal betchyriga meaning "good food." My ex wife introduced me to the joys of having them as pets. When properly tame (hand reared from very young) they make wonderful companions. They are also very quirky and temperamental. That's one in my avatar.

While there are some variants...here is why I use mine...

Xian

X = Christ (Greek, Christos). + ian = Christian

Saint = "Them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints. --1 Cor. i. 2."

So, in a nutshell...

Xian Saint, spoken Christian Saint

dark (därk)

Adjective: dark·er, dark·est.

1. Lacking light or brightness.

2. Somber in color.

3. Gloomy; threatening.

4. Obscure; cryptic.

5. Evil; sinister.

Do not cross me or you'll wish you hadn't. :devil: Generally speaking, I'm a nice guy, but I have an increadible Dark Side.

Ranger: Well, it is one of my goals in the future, to become a Ranger that is. Some of my friends always refer to me as if I was in the military. (High-and-tight, combat boots and bdu's often worn, and my general 'let's go, let's move' mentality on the job or even just playin' games...I will hardly ever play paintball or laser tag anymore...I take them WAY too seriously. I have been labeled "hardcore" more than once, and so this call-sign I have adopted and retained for about 2 years now.

Thanks for your stories. :D Really enjoyed it. Some of it is really interesting. I'm still curious about "Yodasplat". If anybody knows, please enlighten me.

Thanks.

P.S. I won't stalk Yodasplat, I'm just curious. :lol:

IIRC - the Yoda truly does stem from Star Wars...but I don't think I've ever heard how they came together...

While there are some variants...here is why I use mine...

Xian

X = Christ (Greek, Christos). + ian = Christian

Saint = "Them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints. --1 Cor. i. 2."

So, in a nutshell...

Xian Saint, spoken Christian Saint

Bah!!! :P

Go look on a map of China (or a globe), there is a large town called Xi'an.

(pronounced Zee-ahn or something to that effect)

You will always be Zian (rhymes with iron) Saint to me.

BTW mine was hung on my by schoolmates.