Question about crosshairs.

Sgt. Slaughter

Hey guys. I have a problem with the mod i've compiled (for personal use only). For some reason the crosshairs (the lines that cross over the whole screen) don't appear on any of the sniper rifles i'm using. The circle and the rets appear but nothing else. What am i doing wrong?

did you edit them..you have to put the pips,in igor on the gun editor its in the top right.In the notepad it will be like this

<ReticulePipLeft>111.5</ReticulePipLeft>

<ReticulePipTop>0</ReticulePipTop>

<ReticulePipRight>118.5</ReticulePipRight>

<ReticulePipBottom>3</ReticulePipBottom>

<ReticuleBaseLeft>0</ReticuleBaseLeft>

<ReticuleBaseTop>0</ReticuleBaseTop>

<ReticuleBaseRight>111.5</ReticuleBaseRight>

<ReticuleBaseBottom>111.5</ReticuleBaseBottom>

<ReticulePipBaseOffset>2</ReticulePipBaseOffset>

<ReticulePipMaxOffset>240</ReticulePipMaxOffset>

you have to set them right..also did they show up before you put them to your mod?

Sounds like you have an edited "reticle_misc.rsb" file there mate. There is a simple way to remove the crosshairs by editing out parts of that file. Any idea if you have added in this file from a downloaded mod?

misc_rets.jpg

The original file looks like that, if the file in your personal mod is missing the circled part then you won't have any crosshairs on any sniper rifle.

Snow

Sounds like you have an edited "reticle_misc.rsb" file there mate. There is a simple way to remove the crosshairs by editing out parts of that file. Any idea if you have added in this file from a downloaded mod?

misc_rets.jpg

The original file looks like that, if the file in your personal mod is missing the circled part then you won't have any crosshairs on any sniper rifle.

Snow

I may have put the reticle_misc.rsb file in from a mod, i'm not sure. If I replace it with the one that comes with GR will I get the crosshairs back? All i've used in general has been notepad for this mod. I don't have photoshop only paintshop pro and i don't think i have the plugin for rsb files. The thing is I want to keep the crosshairs in the game, not remove them.

Just check if you have put in that file in your mod folder, should be in the Shell folder. If its there just rename it to something else (reticle_misc.bak or similar) and fire up the game. If it was that file then it shoulnd't impact on the way the sniper ret looks any more and you should have the original look back.