Africa Burning

KRP 56

While were all waiting for GR2 grab a copy of Africa Burning. Migryder scripts some of the best missions you'll ever tangle with. K-Ratz, Road Kill, Yard Dogs and more will keep you in the heat of the battle for around an hour in each mission. So get with it and :o= em down and keep your eye's open. Mig doesn't believe in just having tangos standing around doing nothing. :nono: They want a piece of you. :help:

I remember I've played the first 4 missions still in beta version and found pretty good even if requiring lots of horse powers from your computer. I thought the project died but I'm happy to see it's finished.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Check your email [GR] Falkonet. I did upload it to The Modheads site so you can get it there or I will email it from my Yahoo account to anyone who cannot get it. It's only a 557 kb WinZip file(OS users take note please). I don't have a mirror site and my POP account is crap so ease of submission is a necessity for me right now or I might already have it on more sites although having it posted here and on FilePlanet seems to be the best thing.

Thanks for the response guys. It did take me a long time to get it out Giwex, I kept changing this or that. I've even completed two other mission mods and a server sided mission while getting this one out. I'll be sending all these things to Rocky in the very near future to help you guys keep busy while drooling over GR2 and all the cool mods as yet unreleased.

Should this thread be in General Mod Topics?

Enjoy

mig :ph34r:

Edited by migryder

One of the reasons this one was delayed. After reading and learning more about this aspect of play in these forums I went back through each mission and made hidden actors invincible until needed and I placed many of them on floors outside of the play map to minimize seeing their shadows when hidden. If they are on the map they should still be invincible if hidden. I did not do all but those that are not should be triggered to show n go by your proximity to a zone that hopefully avoids the possibility of them being seen and shot at or even hit with stray GL rounds. There are no references to Player Actor. No helos or cinematics(pretty boring sounding?).

Cons - there are groups of tanks on the move in some of the missions with tank battles occuring in two of those so I was unable to hide them at first or for very long if I did. I felt it better to have tracked vehicles roll into the rail depot and out to their positions than merely teleporting them there or simply placing them since the story line is that they are an assault force and I believe teleporting vehicles is an issue with servers anyway. The message at insert is "Tanks in the rail yard! Take cover!Get away from the doors!" Over 50 active actors at some point in most of the missions and each team has at least one support weapon. Probably others but I'm unable to recall at this moment or too ignorant to point them out. Bottom line - these were tested for Co-op by a good bunch of guys, but they hosted their own games on different machines and all were using BB. They reported no major bugs and seemed to have a good romp too. It is a stand alone mod and will require each player to have it. The Read Me has info regarding things they did encounter and this goes for SP play as well, not mention the exact numbers of tanks you will encounter in each mission or things to know about how to catch a rat, etc. etc.

Edited by migryder

Can't get it to run yet...keeps CTD.

Checked my copy again and no problems found. The first mission can slow your PC down a bit with all the tank action but my ancient TNT2 card runs it OK. :shifty: Send IKE info to Mig and he will look it over.

Sorry not to make that more clear. The missions should be accessed through quick mission as they are unlocked.

For those who wish - I have gone through mission A01 and split a large platoon that shows during early heated action into two platoons, one of which is also split to show via a timer. The new platoon shows via timer too. This may help reduce lag. If you want this version of that mission let me know and I will email it to you.

Enjoy!

Hey mig, great missions! They all run quite smooth on my 12" powerbook. I would love to get the A01 remix if its not to much trouble, thats the only mission that i have slower FPS with, but when i get in front of the enemy AI/tanks its ok.

my email is in my profile (yahoo identity).

thanks!

Edited by MovingUnit:SOG

i'm having a problem with this.it does'nt show up in my new campaign.i have it activated,but its not showing up.man!i want to try this mission,do i have abad copie?what can it be? <_<(sorry i found it now,so don't worry about this post).

Edited by gulf01

I'm not really the one to ask about BETA. We have computer pros around here that will do much better than me with an explination. Where's professor Baja? Think Prototype - first working model of that kick a motorcycle. Now I have that, wanna ride it? True BETA versions of software are released to the public for their use. That's when all those unexpected glitches begin to show up. Those things are very important when major changes are made in a complex software like a Geographic Information System product. In this case a few folks played these for me along the way and kept me in line, pointed out things that looked silly, gave suggestions, edited my bad spellings, etc. In this way, these missions were developed by players, even if I forgot to mention Giwex in the credits. Please do read the credits.

Edited by migryder

BTW - I have noticed it doesn't make a difference if you have it on Recruit or Elite. Same amount of enemy AI. I'm glad you did this becaue it puts everyone in the same situation no matter what.

PS - play these with no respawns!

The way the game is supposed to be played! =)

Edited by MovingUnit:SOG

I got a stupid question.

What is beta testing?

Having testers play it over and over again to weed out the bugs or problems that might pop up and cause the mission to not work correctly. When all's well it's then released for everyone to enjoy. :yes: That saves you from cussing up a storm because you just spent 50 minutes in the heat of battle and all of a sudden CTD. :angry::rant:

Edited by KRP 56

Having testers play it over and over again to weed out the bugs or problems that might pop up and cause the mission to not work correctly. When all's well it's then released for everyone to enjoy.  That saves you from cussing up a storm because you just spent 50 minutes in the heat of battle and all of a sudden CTD.

Don't think that beta-testing is pure enjoyment. It's a real activity, like scripting or skinning. When you play one mission again and again you will become bored of it. ;)